Chelsea 2-0 Galatasaray

Jase

Man of the Match  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Our finishing sucks, our team is great, Mancini playing with the high line defence = :D

Someone rememebered that Eto'O scoring in this round in WC year is a sure sign of team winning the whole thing.

Also, there is another one: 2009 CL final was played in Italy, in 2010 Italian team won and the final was played in Spain - in 2011 Spanish team won, the final was played in England = in 2012 English team won, the final was played in Germany so in 2013 German team won and the final was played in England, so to continue this pattern in 2014 English team is so winning this...

So it`s man united then

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar was extremely frustrating to watch in the final 3rd... poor decision making and taking way too long to make them too. I know he's young but he needs to get better in that area of the pitch and fast. Sometimes he doesn't even have his head up to see where the pass should go, he just blindly fires it into the area hoping someone is there when a better option is there if he'd look.

oh yeah, because creating four chances, giving an assist, shooting twice and fighting to win us a corner that gave us a goal is just frustrating to watch.

He can improve a lot, but he isn't as bad as people make him out to be imo... I saw such a poor decision making in that assist to Eto'o with a first touch... you definitely have a point there :rolleyes:

He has to improve, I'm not so sure about the fast part. Mourinho knew pretty well what he was getting himself into when he came here and made the signings he did. And then his signings are Marco, André, Salah and a new other boys all younger than 22 at the time... so I'm not sure he's so worried about speed here, otherwise he'd buy more players at Willian's age. Of course he wants to be able to compete in a higher level coming already next season, but I think he envisions his team really ready in 2-3 years from now.

We need him to step up now because we're running for a title, I'm not sure how much our expectations are attainable though. I can demand him to play like Mata or Silva every day. If that's the right expectation to have about him is the question that remains... Mourinho won't change his mind about Oscar and other players in the squad, not before exhausting all attempts to mold them into what he wants them to be. Oscar, for example, is too obedient, open and humble to create problems, so I guess he's there to stay, improved or not.

I want him to improve as much as you do, along with others who also need improvement, our will for that to happen won't change when it'll really happen and I don't think Mourinho will stop giving them opportunities for a long while. If Ramires is a starting XI in this team, then everyone else in our squad can be too.

oh yeah, because creating four chances, giving an assist, shooting twice and fighting to win us a corner that gave us a goal is just frustrating to watch.

Now you just sound like Torres fan boys! :P

Thought Oscar had a pretty good game. Excellent apart from the decision making in the final third, which has been the theme with, not just him, but all of our attackers this season. In fact, I thought he had a very good first half at Villa and didn't understand all the stick he got for that game.

Thought Oscar had a pretty good game. Excellent apart from the decision making in the final third, which has been the theme with, not just him, but all of our attackers this season. In fact, I thought he had a very good first half at Villa and didn't understand all the stick he got for that game.

his point was that Oscar is frustrating to watch. If a guy is giving his guts to win us something as small as a corner, I'm backing him up. And pls... Torres? Did you just compare it to Torres? It's not even me and the Torres' fanboys, but comparing what Oscar fights for us - even if he fails to deliver more incisive parts - to can't-be-bothered-to-anything-Torres?

Don't take me wrong, I'm with everyone who claims he should improve, but I think the criticism towards him is exaggerated, no criticism towards Torres is every exaggerated, normally it's quite the opposite actually...

I think Oscar and Ramires are both a bit mentally knackered atm, a few balls going astray. Physically fine even though Oscar has played well over 100 games since August, they could do with a bit of a rest probably

his point was that Oscar is frustrating to watch. If a guy is giving his guts to win us something as small as a corner, I'm backing him up. And pls... Torres? Did you just compare it to Torres? It's not even me and the Torres' fanboys, but comparing what Oscar fights for us - even if he fails to deliver more incisive parts - to can't-be-bothered-to-anything-Torres?

Don't take me wrong, I'm with everyone who claims he should improve, but I think the criticism towards him is exaggerated, no criticism towards Torres is every exaggerated, normally it's quite the opposite actually...

Think we need a joke tage for posts around here..

I was actually agreeing with you about Oscar, but the joke was about the part I highlighted because the response to every criticism for Torres in the past two years has been "he won that pen at Munich".

I hate when I have to explain jokes... :(

Were all the Turkish fans banned or something? was expecting more reaction from them after all that went on here before the game...

they will be home being comforted by their mothers and sisters

damn it - I didn't get a real opportunity to use my loser emoticon to those bustas loser-1.gif

Think we need a joke tage for posts around here..

I was actually agreeing with you about Oscar, but the joke was about the part I highlighted because the response to every criticism for Torres in the past two years has been "he won that pen at Munich".

I hate when I have to explain jokes... :(

I had no idea people claimed he won us that pen to cover for the criticism he gets, sorry, lol, and I'm so tired today, that I missed the jokish tone.

my bad

He can improve a lot, but he isn't as bad as people make him out to be imo... I saw such a poor decision making in that assist to Eto'o with a first touch... you definitely have a point there :rolleyes:

He has to improve, I'm not so sure about the fast part. Mourinho knew pretty well what he was getting himself into when he came here and made the signings he did. And then his signings are Marco, André, Salah and a new other boys all younger than 22 at the time... so I'm not sure he's so worried about speed here, otherwise he'd buy more players at Willian's age. Of course he wants to be able to compete in a higher level coming already next season, but I think he envisions his team really ready in 2-3 years from now.

Why are you so defensive? calm down, I like Oscar too and yes he did will to make the assist for Eto'o but he was particularly poor in the final third in the 2nd half when we had numbers on the break. Did that part of the game pass you by? When he did well to get to the byline and beat his man only to fire a ridiculous shot from a poor angle when he had open men inside the 18? Or when we broke 4v3 and he could've slipped in Eto'o but he dwelled on the ball and squandered a great opportunity?

I don't care where a player originates from, I carry no bias to country of origin... I just want the best for Chelsea and since December Oscar has been real poor! No finishing and extremely ponderous in the final third. He has to improve and yes NOW would be a great time since we are in a title push and in the quarters of the champions league. We don't have the depth of squad to have any passengers at this point so yes it would be great if he would step up his game and play closer to his potential given the circumstances we're in.

Why are you so defensive? calm down, I like Oscar too and yes he did will to make the assist for Eto'o but he was particularly poor in the final third in the 2nd half when we had numbers on the break. Did that part of the game pass you by? When he did well to get to the byline and beat his man only to fire a ridiculous shot from a poor angle when he had open men inside the 18? Or when we broke 4v3 and he could've slipped in Eto'o but he dwelled on the ball and squandered a great opportunity?

I don't care where a player originates from, I carry no bias to country of origin... I just want the best for Chelsea and since December Oscar has been real poor! No finishing and extremely ponderous in the final third. He has to improve and yes NOW would be a great time since we are in a title push and in the quarters of the champions league. We don't have the depth of squad to have any passengers at this point so yes it would be great if he would step up his game and play closer to his potential given the circumstances we're in.

since when refute something I completely disagree is defensive?

It's just a disagreement.

amazed at the negative comments about Willian ,, for once I agree with the Times and Mail who rated him at 7 and 7.5...

Same here. I was not a big fan of his, and thought the signing was unnecessary and even redundant. Nowadays I'm not so sure as he's shown to be a quality player. His shooting from mid range is what caught my attention at first, but his movement and defensive work have been a welcoming surprise.

Like I said though, the opponent was just weak and we shouldn't take too much from this game; especially after the sobering loss at Villa.

It gets defensive when you start talking about stuff that I never even brought up....

you think he was frustrating... as if everyone else wasn't to start with.

I said he wasn't frustrating and was just about like the rest in the final third... then I told you the good he did, if you want to focus in the negative, be my guest... then at least try to be fair and say the whole team was frustrating because they were. Each of them failed in something: link up, shoot, pass, etc... or did I miss Muslera having the night of his life and saving 6-7-8 shots by Hazard, Willian, Etoo, Torres or Schurrle? some had better matches than other, but what's new with Chelsea players failing in the last pass or just refusing to shoot? Nothing...

you think he was frustrating... as if everyone else wasn't to start with.

I said he wasn't frustrating and was just about like the rest in the final third... then I told you the good he did, if you want to focus in the negative, be my guest... then at least try to be fair and say the whole team was frustrating because they were. Each of them failed in something: link up, shoot, pass, etc... or did I miss Muslera having the night of his life and saving 6-7-8 shots by Hazard, Willian, Etoo, Torres or Schurrle? some had better matches than other, but what's new with Chelsea players failing in the last pass or just refusing to shoot? Nothing...

The two people I found most frustrating in the final third were Oscar and Willian(This may be due to accumulative subpar performances though) Eto'o was my man of the match and Hazard was Hazard once again. Muslera did have a pretty good night too! Did well to keep Hazard off the scoreboard with the curler from the left. Willian tested him from the top of the 18 but shot right at him, Lamps had a nice header from Oscar which he also did well to keep out. Not to mention Terry's left footer on the set piece...

The problem I had with Oscar is the stuff that you would expect a no.10 to notice and do without question is the stuff that he just isn't doing right now and it gets frustrating... When you have a man open to play in DO IT! Don't wait and wait to the opportunity is gone. When you have open men who are in a better position than you to score PASS IT! Its not rocket science.