Candidate for Shirt #10 next season?

Mou doesnt give f about shirt numbers, but I think from this team either Hazard or Oscar would get it most likely. Hazard is our main player, he likes #10 much, but he grown on me with his #17, he should keep it, but obviously #10 is ''fancier''. Oscar as our playmaker fits #10 aswell, but he already has 11, a very nice number (and he has same in NT).

But its not just #10, if Torres, Lamps, Cole, Luiz leave 9, 8, 3 and 4 will be released. Along with already free #5. And #6 if Romeu stays in Valencia.

Shirt number wankfest everyone.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mou doesnt give f about shirt numbers, but I think from this team either Hazard or Oscar would get it most likely. Hazard is our main player, he likes #10 much, but he grown on me with his #17, he should keep it, but obviously #10 is ''fancier''. Oscar as our playmaker fits #10 aswell, but he already has 11, a very nice number (and he has same in NT).

But its not just #10, if Torres, Lamps, Cole, Luiz leave 9, 8, 3 and 4 will be released. Along with already free #5. And #6 if Romeu stays in Valencia.

Shirt number wankfest everyone.

Matic for no. 6 no doubt.

Shaw for no. 3

New striker will get no. 9

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, he's not on that level yet, might never be.

Mourinho is the king, he has the most marketability, the most sponsorships (Braun, Porsche, Yahoo etc). Jose is the symbol of the club now, only two players in world football have more 'star power' than our manager.

sources?

Those "numbers doenst matter" comments are really annoying. I guess we should care about our next kit, because the kit doesn't matter, what matter is who is wearing the kit. :doh:

Well, judging by comments in this forum, Matic will be wearing #10 next season, after his godike peformances and after carrying the team on his back. :worship:

Those "numbers doenst matter" comments are really annoying. I guess we should care about our next kit, because the kit doesn't matter, what matter is who is wearing the kit. :doh:

Well, judging by comments in this forum, Matic will be wearing #10 next season, after his godike peformances and after carrying the team on his back. :worship:

really wish you'd stop having a go at Matic at every thread

Sarcastic or not, hardly detracts my point. At the end of the day, I personally can't be bothered with which player wearing what number. It's the name on the back of the shirt that matters and it's them that make the number, whichever they are wearing, memorable if anything.

nobody suggested it will make any player better. yes, it's one of the sillier aspects of football but from what i can see users are just discussing who will get #10 #8 etc.

No number should ever be retired.

Especially, 1-10.

That's ridiculous. It's paying tribute to a player who helped bring success to your club. The Bulls retired 23, Yankees retired 3, Colts will retire 18. It's a sign if respect. Maybe not 1-11 but Terry's number should be when he leaves.

Sarcastic or not, hardly detracts my point. At the end of the day, I personally can't be bothered with which player wearing what number. It's the name on the back of the shirt that matters and it's them that make the number, whichever they are wearing, memorable if anything.

So it wouldn't bother you if Ronaldo wore the number 65? Or Hazard wore 73? Or Messi wore 59?

sources?

He went to like some convention and got to test drive the porsche. I'm pretty sure he does have a sponsorship deal with them.

The thing is, Chelsea's #10 doesnt even have a huge sentimental history behind it!

The only reason Brazil's #10 is so legendary is because our tops players (back in the 60s and 70s) happened to all be in the same position. Thus culminating in all of them wearing the same kit number. It was not something planned, like "let's give this shirt to our best player" or whatever...

Numbers were originally assigned according to position which was generally the CF.. Now it either goes to a teams playmaker or best offensive player, usually but not always. They don't do it cause Brazil did it.

Oscar should get it. Hazard should stay with 17. Costa gets 11.

First thought was clever and funny.

Second thought was stupid as fuck. Go home.

So it wouldn't bother you if Ronaldo wore the number 65? Or Hazard wore 73? Or Messi wore 59?

Like I said, players make the number they wear memorable and symbolic to them at the club, not the other way around. I get it with others placing a high importance on this but each to their own. Not too bothered with this ultimately.

nobody suggested it will make any player better. yes, it's one of the sillier aspects of football but from what i can see users are just discussing who will get #10 #8 etc.

Am aware of that but the way people have gone on about it, it's like as if they will become a better player. Have no problem with the discussion in general. Was just making point across, like how others have made theirs.

Numbers were originally assigned according to position which was generally the CF.. Now it either goes to a teams playmaker or best offensive player, usually but not always. They don't do it cause Brazil did it.

Oscar should get it. Hazard should stay with 17. Costa gets 11.

The number #10 is only famous because of Brazil. That is what I meant!

And please, what a pathetic prediction...We didnt even signed cunt Costa and you are already wanting to give him Drogba's shirt. LOOOOOOL!