Aston Villa v Chelsea

Jase

Hopefully Torres is fit for this one and it'll be interesting to see if Schurrle plays again with the Galatasaray game a few days later.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Matic Ramires

Willian Oscar Hazard

Torres

Could see Lamps starting in midfield or Schurrle starting in place of Oscar or Willian but a lot depends on what Jose wants to do on Tuesday. Torres is the 'away' striker apparently and Villa can be a bit of an athletic team so maybe he tries to match them. Tricky game potentially.

Time to rotate just abit?

Cech

Iva - Cahill - JT - Cole

Luiz - Matic

Salah - Willian - Hazard

Ba/Eto

There is no way Salah is going to start. He has not started a game for us so far and as expected with the adjustment process, he has looked a little out of place when he has been involved. If Mourinho has not started him since he has joined he will not just throw him in for a game like this. Every game we now have is a cup final. I don't expect him to start any games tbh as I reckon all games will count in the PL race and it might just well go down to the final day so Mourinho certainly will not be starting him imo, especially as he already indicated Salah is a player for next season.

Also no reason to rest/rotate Azpi. He will start and Cole will either be on the bench or remain sidelined.

There is no way Salah is going to start. He has not started a game for us so far and as expected with the adjustment process, he has looked a little out of place when he has been involved. If Mourinho has not started him since he has joined he will not just throw him in for a game like this. Every game we now have is a cup final. I don't expect him to start any games tbh as I reckon all games will count in the PL race and it might just well go down to the final day so Mourinho certainly will not be starting him imo, especially as he already indicated Salah is a player for next season.

Also no reason to rest/rotate Azpi. He will start and Cole will either be on the bench or remain sidelined.

I think it is better to keep the current formation going. Schurrle's form is getting better. Maybe Willian should start instead of Ramires and keep the rest as they are. Team chemistry is best right now. Salah would make us a look like a man down if he starts. He doesn't have the team chemistry yet in my opinion.

Hopefully Torres is fit for this one and it'll be interesting to see if Schurrle plays again with the Galatasaray game a few days later.

Cech

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpi

Matic Ramires

Willian Oscar Hazard

Torres

Could see Lamps starting in midfield or Schurrle starting in place of Oscar or Willian but a lot depends on what Jose wants to do on Tuesday. Torres is the 'away' striker apparently and Villa can be a bit of an athletic team so maybe he tries to match them. Tricky game potentially.

Even if Torres is fit I don't think Jose is gonna rush him back, Eto'o played well anyway so he will keep his place. Agreed with the rest though.

This could potentially be a banana skin for us as Villa have been tough for us to beat at Villa Park. We will need to come out of the traps a bit quicker than we did in our last two games and score early, as I feel the longer this game goes on without us scoring will give Villa confidence (I suppose that's obvious :cry: ) and they will smell blood. I wouldn't rotate the team and I'd start the team that started the second half against the Spuds. Maybe bring Willian in for Shurrle for his speed on the counter. As for Benteke ?? I think Terry and Cahill have enough about them to deal with him. It's from set plays that I feel they could damage us, it's the only place we have been weak lately.

City play earlier in the day and can cut the gap to 6 points between us and them, but if we win I feel it will be a little blow to their confidence if we kick on again. And the pressure will really be cranked up on them to deliver. The finish line is in sight and this, in my opinion, would be a greater achievement than the last three Premiership titles won, because this is still a team in transition.

We'll drop points here. Bogey team. I just have a bad feeling about this one... but win seven and draw two of our last nine games, that'll give us 23 points from a possible 27. I'd definitely take that.