Aston Villa v Chelsea

Jase

League Title > Champions League

Exactly this.. If we look at it two ways purely financial, winning the league the tv rights money is way more than the money you could get for winning champions league.

Secondly, if we want to claim to be the best in England like so many of us do after we beat the likes of City, United, Arsenal we have to win the league, because winning the league shows the rest who the best team in England is as long as we qualify for CL we will always have an opportunity to win it again since we have that monkey off our back now

Just to add I never thought we had a chance in CL this season but I do think we have a real shot at the league and we shouldn't take this chance to show the media and the rest of England that we are not to be messed with

If we look at it two ways purely financial, winning the league the tv rights money is way more than the money you could get for winning champions league.

Only in your dreams...

I have to agree.

Now that we have won the Champions League that weight has been lifted, I haven't been as obsessive about it as I used to be. The league though is something we have under achieved in under Abramovich, 3 league titles in 10 years really isn't good enough.

And say if we don't win the title this season, that will be 4 seasons that we haven't won the title in, for a club with the financial backing we have it will be a disaster if we really fall that far behind.

Idiot...

Only in your dreams...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2327063/Premier-League-prize-money-table-final-game-2013-season.html

Shows that even finishing 3rd in PL last season we still won £57.1

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/world-football/europe/12942-juve-tops-payout-table-as-uefa-distributes-bumper-1-1bn-to-its-competing-clubs

shows that top team which was Juve who has huge TV rights in Italy was biggest winner at €65.3 which is £54.1m

First link shows what Man united won for winning the league in terms of finances £61.4m which is more than what Juve won for winning Champions League and taking into account when we won CL we only took home £45m , So as I said PL worth more to us in terms of finances than CL

So before your sarcastic remark please come with facts

Just so we are clear I would as a Chelsea supporter love us to win CL but PL has to come first

Why dont you go back to Real Madrid right now?

Just leave the real Chelsea fans alone...

NO of course not M8

Chelsea might win the PL, so I might just stick around for now, and if not I can just go to Madrid or Bayern, so all is good either way I win.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2327063/Premier-League-prize-money-table-final-game-2013-season.html

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/world-football/europe/12942-juve-tops-payout-table-as-uefa-distributes-bumper-1-1bn-to-its-competing-clubs

shows that top team which was Juve who has huge TV rights in Italy was biggest winner at €65.3 which is £54.1m

First link shows what Man united won for winning the league in terms of finances £61.4m which is more than what Juve won for winning Champions League and taking into account when we won CL we only took home £45m , So as I said PL worth more to us in terms of finances than CL

I highly doubt those numbers and sources, but even if they are true, this is not the math we should do...

Finishing first or fourth has a total difference of 2.2 million pounds. The TV revenue and the other 50% that is divided equally wont change, no matter what position Chelsea finish. Counting the fact we will already be at least fourth in the EPL this season, the math that needs to be done is the difference in gain between focusing on the League or advancing in the Champions League!

Now, when you see the increase in the amount of money Chelsea can make by winning and advancing in the UCL, it doesnt even compare to the Premier League. Only by reaching the QFs alone we would be increasing our revenue in more than 2.2mi pounds (which is the difference between 4th and 1st place)!

So, by financially focusing on the either on league or the european cup, it is clear that the cup brings more financial benefices. It is basic math!!!

Before coming with "facts", learn how to add and subtract! :lol:

Just so we are clear I would as a Chelsea supporter love us to win CL but PL has to come first

I agree, but that has nothing to do with the incorrect information you posted about being first in the league being economically better than advancing/winning the UCL!

Can we just ban this troll? @?

Yep that's about right, the members with the most posts run this forum, newcomers can't come here and express there opinions.

I made a clear post about Chelsea at first about how we should go for the league instead of the CL title, instead I get abused and people calling me an idiot. If you don't believe me just have a look, but of course the higher members of this forum will ban me because I'm not as 'liked' or 'respected' as the others.

If i was that much of a troll I wouldn't have a 37 reputation in 60 posts now would I? Yeah so people must agree with my posts and opinions, on your bike mate.

They out-played us at the bridge just a few months ago and probably deserved to win if it weren't for the HUGE help we got from the ref. Forget history, we've struggle a lot this season when we've let teams dominate us physically in midfield and VIlla are probably the team that does that best in the league after Stoke. I honestly worry more about this game than Arsenal at home.

They dominated us in midfield but that was before we've got Matic.

I still remember a certain 8-0 vs them last year

And i wouldn't start Salah, he first has to impress coming from the bench or some people over here would write him off to soon.

We signed him for future, there is no need to rush him, i have high expectations for him, and the least we can do is giving him a fair shot.

He should have played when we lead 0-3 vs fulham or after the 2-0 vs spurs yesterday

Love a visit to the ever-depressing Villa Park.

Should be comfortable this. Aston Villa's home form under Paul Lambert, both in terms of results and performances, is utterly horrendous. They don't know how to play at home, cos their counter-attacking method doesn't work as well there due to the fans wanting them to attack teams, which in turn leaves them very open. Hazard will have a field day.

Eto'o deserves to keep his spot up front in my view, played well against Spurs. Lampard to start again, scored two crucial goals here last season. I also think Salah is worth starting cos of how open it is likely to be, will suit him down to the ground. Oscar needs more resting if possible, ahead of the Champions League game vs Gala. Defence, Matic and Ramires will ensure we're solid. They just need to keep a grip of Benteke and the game is half won.

Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic, Lampard; Salah, Eto'o, Hazard

Tough away games for Liverpool, Arsenal and, to a lesser extent, Man City. Could open up a big gap with a win.

COME ON CHELSEA! CAREFREE

I think our champions league value is increasing. There is a lot of buzz around the team and as long as we keep Hazard our CL TV numbers won't go anywhere but down. In the Champion's league its good to face tough teams like Real and Barca particularly as it will lead to a lot of TV money.

I highly doubt those numbers and sources, but even if they are true, this is not the math we should do...

Finishing first or fourth has a total difference of 2.2 million pounds. The TV revenue and the other 50% that is divided equally wont change, no matter what position Chelsea finish. Counting the fact we will already be at least fourth in the EPL this season, the math that needs to be done is the difference in gain between focusing on the League or advancing in the Champions League!

Now, when you see the increase in the amount of money Chelsea can make by winning and advancing in the UCL, it doesnt even compare to the Premier League. Only by reaching the QFs alone we would be increasing our revenue in more than 2.2mi pounds (which is the difference between 4th and 1st place)!

So, by financially focusing on the either on league or the european cup, it is clear that the cup brings more financial benefices. It is basic math!!!

Before coming with "facts", learn how to add and subtract! :lol:

I agree, but that has nothing to do with the incorrect information you posted about being first in the league being economically better than advancing/winning the UCL!

My math is in fact correct you fail to see the point I made with using figures that were gathered from Uefa releases Bayern who won CL got less money than a team that was out in the quarterfinals due to the fact Juve has the biggest TV rights in Serie A we can't claim the same and again even with only taking 2013 earnings from the two different competitions winning the league will generate more money and whatever money we get for CL is Bonus as per Jose CL is not our ambitions this season and to be blunt if we come up against Madrid or Bayern we are not going through.. We should be focused on PL because we have a real shot to win this year which will make us stronger for next season in both competitions.. The information is not incorrect just cause you say it is the numbers don't lie.. you can't pick the math you want to negate the fact that the numbers are plainly shown to be higher than winning the CL

With 6 days between our last fixture and this one there is not a huge reason for wholesale changes to the team that beat Spurs this weekend for Villa with a 2-0 by half time (wishful thinking how we start matches) we can take players off to rest for Arsenal the following weekend with rotation done for Gala midweek

They out-played us at the bridge just a few months ago and probably deserved to win if it weren't for the HUGE help we got from the ref. Forget history, we've struggle a lot this season when we've let teams dominate us physically in midfield and VIlla are probably the team that does that best in the league after Stoke. I honestly worry more about this game than Arsenal at home.

Ya at the beginning of the season in the middle of 3 games in 8 days Villa came to the Bridge and put in a good showing.

These names were involved in that fixture

1 Cech
2 Ivanovic
24 Cahill
26 Terry
3 Cole
7 Ramires
8 Lampard
11 Oscar smallSub.png
10 Mata smallSub.png
17 Hazard
19 Ba smallSub.png
Substitutions
18 Lukaku smallSub.png
14 Schurrle smallSub.png

16 van Ginkel smallSub.png

I would be surprised if Cole, Ba or Lampard even play this game, Mata is gone too. So if you ask me they will be facing a VERY different Chelsea team who aren't trying to figure out what it is Jose wants but are putting in the types of performances that win titles.

We will have to be clinical and also very disciplined, I have a feeling there may be one of those shitty cards again that make the day difficult for us.

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta

Matic - Ramires

Willian - Hazard - Schurrle

Eto'o

This squad has the speed and physicality to deal with whatever Villa throw at us and the guile to go there and nip a result... Ramires may be rested for Lamps in this one too. Nothing is easy in the prem but I just feel like we're finding ways to win comfortably even when not playing our best football. There is going to be a point real soon when things start to click again and I feel it will start with the trip to Villa Park. Just a hunch...