Aston Villa v Chelsea

Jase

I can see a comfortable win as long as our AM's get into the game quick enough. No more of that recent 1st half performances and we will be fine. But in case they don't i see a win by small margins. Either way 3 points, relax guys.

We'll drop points here. Bogey team. I just have a bad feeling about this one... but win seven and draw two of our last nine games, that'll give us 23 points from a possible 27. I'd definitely take that.

Yeah I agree we never seem to able to get hold of the ball at Villa park and play it on the ground. They hoof the ball to Agbonlahor and just counter us it always happens and it pisses me off.

Yeah I agree we never seem to able to get hold of the ball at Villa park and play it on the ground. They hoof the ball to Agbonlahor and just counter us it always happens and it pisses me off.

Absolutely, and you think José has never won at St. James' or Villa Park before. A wonderful time to put that to rest, but football and fate go hand in hand.

Rest players for Gala? I'm sorry, I don't get that at all. The league is the priority and by some distance and history as well as tactical analysis suggest that this will be a very tough game.

Of course I want us to qualify in the CL, but in the league, we have 9 cup finals remaining.

Well said.

Rest players for Gala? I'm sorry, I don't get that at all. The league is the priority and by some distance and history as well as tactical analysis suggest that this will be a very tough game.

Of course I want us to qualify in the CL, but in the league, we have 9 cup finals remaining.

I have to agree.

Now that we have won the Champions League that weight has been lifted, I haven't been as obsessive about it as I used to be. The league though is something we have under achieved in under Abramovich, 3 league titles in 10 years really isn't good enough.

And say if we don't win the title this season, that will be 4 seasons that we haven't won the title in, for a club with the financial backing we have it will be a disaster if we really fall that far behind.

In no way am i suggesting this will be a walkover, but our struggles at Villa Park and Villa being our bogey side has not been the case off late.

We have won our last two games away to Villa and it should have been 3, furthermore they were a top 6 team the last time we lost there, now their relegation fodder and apart from Agbonlahor, do they have any survivors from then?

We could drop points, but like with Fulham, a few slip ups when they were miles better than what they are now won't be the reason for it.

In no way am i suggesting this will be a walkover, but our struggles at Villa Park and Villa being our bogey side has not been the case off late.

We have won our last two games away to Villa and it should have been 3, furthermore they were a top 6 team the last time we lost there, now their relegation fodder and apart from Agbonlahor, do they have any survivors from then?

We could drop points, but like with Fulham, a few slip ups when they were miles better than what they are now won't be the reason for it.

They out-played us at the bridge just a few months ago and probably deserved to win if it weren't for the HUGE help we got from the ref. Forget history, we've struggle a lot this season when we've let teams dominate us physically in midfield and VIlla are probably the team that does that best in the league after Stoke. I honestly worry more about this game than Arsenal at home.

I agree, but I would mix up the team just to get some rotation and fresh blood!

Cech

Iva - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Luiz - Matic

Salah - Willian - Hazard

Eto'o

They out-played us at the bridge just a few months ago and probably deserved to win if it weren't for the HUGE help we got from the ref. Forget history, we've struggle a lot this season when we've let teams dominate us physically in midfield and VIlla are probably the team that does that best in the league after Stoke. I honestly worry more about this game than Arsenal at home.

They probably deserved a draw would have probably been fair and we were pretty crap, not sure they did enough to warrant a win. Furthermore we dominated Stoke in 3 off the 4 half's vs them this season.

I have to agree.

Now that we have won the Champions League that weight has been lifted, I haven't been as obsessive about it as I used to be. The league though is something we have under achieved in under Abramovich, 3 league titles in 10 years really isn't good enough.

And say if we don't win the title this season, that will be 4 seasons that we haven't won the title in, for a club with the financial backing we have it will be a disaster if we really fall that far behind.

I was going to give a sensible reply to your post ,, then I viewed your profile ,,, Smartass glory hunter ,,,