Raphael Varane

Sidzeret

Pepe is 31 years old and Varane has the potential to become one of the greatest defenders of all time. You guys are absolutely nuts if you actually believe Real Madrid is going to let him go.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raphael Varane latest: Chelsea and Manchester United on alert with Real Madrid defender seeking assurances over his role at Los Blancos

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/raphael-varane-latest-chelsea-and-manchester-united-on-alert-with-real-madrid-defender-seeking-assurances-over-his-role-at-los-blancos-9614447.html

Raphael Varane demands new Real Madrid contract talks with Chelsea and former boss Jose Mourinho preparing to make a move

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2696732/Raphael-Varane-demands-new-Real-Madrid-contract-talks-Chelsea-preparing-move.html

This will be an unpopular opinion but If we were to sign a CB during this window,I'd much rather sign Benatia than Varane.

Why? Benatia is older, more expensive, and doesn't have a relationship with Mou. Varane, though unlikely, would be the far better investment.

Why? Benatia is older, more expensive, and doesn't have a relationship with Mou. Varane, though unlikely, would be the far better investment.

Same reason I advocated for Luis ahead of Shaw.One is an established world class player while the other has got the potential to be world class but is still not quite there.

Same reason I advocated for Luis ahead of Shaw.One is an established world class player while the other has got the potential to be world class but is still not quite there.

Varane is not quite there, but he's one of the best young CBs, and I'd say we don't really need instant world-class CB, after previous season i trust our defense, but Varane can be one of the best in 2-3 years.. I'd choose Varane any day.

Shaw-Luis is completely different situation.

Varane is not quite there, but he's one of the best young CBs, and I'd say we don't really need instant world-class CB, after previous season i trust our defense, but Varane can be one of the best in 2-3 years.. I'd choose Varane any day.

Shaw-Luis is completely different situation.

I agree that Varane has got the potential to be the Best CB one day but it does not mean that he will become one.Our defence is brilliant and I trust it as well but seriously a backline of Courtois-Azpi-Benatia-Terry-Luis would be the best in the world especially with Matic ahead of them. I'd be happy with either of them but as of now I prefer Benatia but to each their own.

I agree that Varane has got the potential to be the Best CB one day but it does not mean that he will become one.Our defence is brilliant and I trust it as well but seriously a backline of Courtois-Azpi-Benatia-Terry-Luis would be the best in the world especially with Matic ahead of them. I'd be happy with either of them but as of now I prefer Benatia but to each their own.

I guess it's about preference, so i'll end here. for me it's definitely varane because as you said our defense is brilliant, i'd choose potential and less age over skills atleast for now

How long has Benatia been "world class"? I only started hearing about him the last season and a half or so.

How long has Benatia been "world class"? I only started hearing about him the last season and a half or so.

Varane is already better than Benatia....and Benatia isnt world-class by any means. He is a very good defender yes, but world-class? hasnt proven himself on international stage yet and italian league is generally better for CBs due to the lower speed.

Varane has already played lots of classico, a CL Final/SF, in a WC QF. He's world class. When you see the poverty of real top CB in football, I would go as far to say he's already in the top 3/5.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You