Raphael Varane

Sidzeret

I don't think that comparing zouma and varane is clever because there are not playing as the same defensive cb role, varane is more arcurate and technicaly good and relance zouma is more powerfull/one to one in air with head/duel/physical. All team in the world play like that with one CB more powerwull to retrieve the ball and one to make a clean and clever restart

SO they are not in competition they should play both in same time to know each other and get better, thats the idea of jiose

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be ridiculous and backward thinking if Mou sent Zouma out on loan. The whole reason he didn't go this year was because Mou thought he would learn more with on site training. I think hes at Cahills level now and the only way he shouldnt take it already is if we do get Varane (which we should do all we can to make happen) They would be a perfect match up and complement each others strengths and weaknesses

So if Mou hasn't been on the phone to him already (not slagging off opposition but kissing his arse) then hes not the manager I think he is.

I do not would understand that we might go to give in loan Zouma. This season he has shown that he should be our first choice ahead of Cahill. And I think many of us share this opinion.

I understood Jose when he put Cahill - John Terry © at the end of the season because we could not take risks in the last games and we needed the experience of Cahill, but when the season is starting I think we could play perfectly with Zouma Varane- the first 4 matches in Premier League before the break for the international teams, and Varane - John Terry © in the final of Community Shield against Arsenal.

Gary Cahill is England's vice captain, there is a euro coming up. There is no way he's gonna be sitting on the bench for a 21yr old to get more starts. Zouma had a decent year not amazing. He had some good performances but most of those came with him playing in the midfield.

The best decision for Kurt is to give him a loan spell that allows him to play a lot especially in the first half of the season.

Gary Cahill is England's vice captain, there is a euro coming up. There is no way he's gonna be sitting on the bench for a 21yr old to get more starts. Zouma had a decent year not amazing. He had some good performances but most of those came with him playing in the midfield.

The best decision for Kurt is to give him a loan spell that allows him to play a lot especially in the first half of the season.

So Cahill should play over zouma , so he doesn't lose his England spot? I don't think so. Zouma dealt with aguero and sterling in ways Cahill never could. I don't remember anyone calling for cahill to be reinstated , but he was...zouma deserves as much chance as cahill next season

So Cahill should play over zouma , so he doesn't lose his England spot? I don't think so. Zouma dealt with aguero and sterling in ways Cahill never could. I don't remember anyone calling for cahill to be reinstated , but he was...zouma deserves as much chance as cahill next season

Yes because he is more experienced and was a big part of the best defense in the prem the past two years. He has had some shaky moments no doubt and I'm by no means a Cahill apologist but I just can't imagine a world where Jose sits Cahill on the bench to give Zouma the time he needs to develop.

And lets be honest here as much as we all loved watching Zouma play he is still EXTREMELY raw. Another season of bit part football can't be good for his development.

Yes because he is more experienced and was a big part of the best defense in the prem the past two years. He has had some shaky moments no doubt and I'm by no means a Cahill apologist but I just can't imagine a world where Jose sits Cahill on the bench to give Zouma the time he needs to develop.

And lets be honest here as much as we all loved watching Zouma play he is still EXTREMELY raw. Another season of bit part football can't be good for his development.

If we loan him. He'll never come back. Need to be bold. Cahill doesn't inspire confidence, and is easily the most expendable of our back 6. If we get someone better than cahill , maybe zouma is loaned , but for now I'd advise against it.

If we loan him. He'll never come back. Need to be bold. Cahill doesn't inspire confidence, and is easily the most expendable of our back 6. If we get someone better than cahill , maybe zouma is loaned , but for now I'd advise against it.

If Filipe leaves there would be space. Varane can play as a full back

No he's not... What are you talking about? the homegrown player status alone makes Cahill a valuable piece for us to hold onto. And if you truly believe loaning Zouma spells the end for him and that seeing him play 890mins is best for his development then he's not very good to begin with. Going on loan isn't the kiss of death, it is for those who aren't at the Chelsea level but not for people like DeBruyne(great year at Bremen) or Courtois. He needs to go on loan and prove he can be a top player by making consistent performances.

No he's not... What are you talking about? the homegrown player status alone makes Cahill a valuable piece for us to hold onto. And if you truly believe loaning Zouma spells the end for him and that seeing him play 890mins is best for his development then he's not very good to begin with. Going on loan isn't the kiss of death, it is for those who aren't at the Chelsea level but not for people like DeBruyne(great year at Bremen) or Courtois. He needs to go on loan and prove he can be a top player by making consistent performances.

To hold on to as a squad player. I see nothing outstanding he brings to the starting xi.

To hold on to as a squad player. I see nothing outstanding he brings to the starting xi.

I think you're getting a little carried away... Cahill was apart of the best back 4 in England the past 2yrs. That doesn't happen if he's just a shitty squad player. Give him his due he's not Terry but he is a decent foil to our legend.

Having said that he's nearing 30 and we do need to look at alternatives.

Hi friend!

I think Zouma has already shown that he has to be in our starting eleven every game. He played against Liverpool or City as a veteran, without errors

and an unusual tactical intelligence of his age in such an important position like Centre-Back. Personally I feel safer with Zouma than with Cahill.

This season our natural tendency has been to place John Terry (c) as indisputable, with Cahill and Zouma fighting for a place in our starting eleven, being Cahill chosen by Jose in the majority of games.

This year, if we sign Varane, I think Varane would take the role of John Terry (c) as indisputable centre-back, with John Terry (c) and Zouma fighting for a place in our starting eleven, with John Terry (c) being the main option at the start of the season and for important matches, and Zouma coming slowly to become induscutible at the end of the season to make a good transition between John Terry (c) and Zouma.

Regarding the comparison of Varane and Zouma, I think both would form a pair of Centre-Backs similar to what we had with Ricardo Carvalho and John Terry (c). Varane and Carvalho as players with ability to get the ball played from behind, and Zouma and John Terry (c) as center-backs very strong and very physical strength.

Our past.

Carvalho John Terry ©

Our future.

Varane Zouma

But I agree with you that Cahill has a lot of experience and maybe he could and should have an important role with us this season.

That is why if Jose believes that the best for the future of Zouma is to go on loan to another team to get more experience for the future (he is just 20 years old) I think that Valencia would be the perfect option for him. They're going to have to sell this summer Otamendi and Zouma would be perfect for Valencia. A team coached by a coach (Nuno) with like-minded as Jose, and playing Champions League next season. Zouma could return in 2016 with over 40 matches between La Liga, Champions League and Spanish Cup. A loan that could be just as good for us as Courtois and Atletico de Madrid.

But I prefer to see succeed Zouma with us from below. I think it would be great to see this guy grow up with us. To me Zouma and Varane should be our first choices next season.

Regards.

Hi friend!

I think Zouma has already shown that he has to be in our starting eleven every game. He played against Liverpool or City as a veteran, without errors

and an unusual tactical intelligence of his age in such an important position like Centre-Back. Personally I feel safer with Zouma than with Cahill.

Try without punishable errors! He made a fair few mistakes especially against Liverpool that Cech bailed him out of. Again I'm not belittling him as a player, he was good last year just not good enough to make him the clear no.2 after John and with Cahill still more than capable of playing next to Terry its best to loan out Zouma and maybe bring in Varane to deputize for Cahill or Terry should something go wrong.

Zouma has proven he is a decent prospect but he's still very raw, loads to learn and its best for him not to do his learning at the home of the champions.

Try without punishable errors! He made a fair few mistakes especially against Liverpool that Cech bailed him out of. Again I'm not belittling him as a player, he was good last year just not good enough to make him the clear no.2 after John and with Cahill still more than capable of playing next to Terry its best to loan out Zouma and maybe bring in Varane to deputize for Cahill or Terry should something go wrong.

Zouma has proven he is a decent prospect but he's still very raw, loads to learn and its best for him not to do his learning at the home of the champions.

Im pretty sure it won't be long before Varane gets in ahead of Cahill if it takes time atall.

According to "Superdeporte" Real Madrid has been meeting with the representative of Otamendi to try to sign him. Superdeporte is the main sports newspaper of the city of Valencia. A very reliable newspaper respect the news of Valencia CF.

Maybe Real Madrid is trying to sign a centre-back because they know that Varane can leave Real Madrid this summer ...

About Otamendi, Valencia and Real Madrid I have to say one thing to me is almost impossible for Real Madrid get sign Otamendi. The hatred of Valencia (the city and the club) against Real Madrid is enormous. And for them to sell Otamendi to Real Madrid would be an humiliation.

I remember signings like Mendieta (which was sold to Lazio for 25 million euros less than the offer of Real Madrid) and Ayala (who spent six months without playing for wanting to go to Real Madrid).

Florentino Perez also promised not to pay buyout clauses ...

But the important thing about this is that Real Madrid could be looking for a new Centre-back, maybe considering selling Varane or Ramos.

Varane would only leave Real Madrid to come with us (IMO).

Ramos's case is different. Ramos asks (according to reports) over 20 million euros (14.40 million pounds) per season. Something that Florentino Perez refuses to pay. Sergio Ramos is believed a rock star, and his brother (who is his representative) is offering him to half of Europe. And there's a rumor on the radio in Spain that Ramos could be the surprise election of Barcelona, being signed for any Candidate for the presidency of Barcelona. I doubt it, and I think finally Ramos will renew for Real Madrid with a disproportionate salary.

Varane is the guy ....

Regards.

Raphael Varane will remain at Real Madrid next season and has been declared non-transferable (Marca) #RMCF #CFC #MUFC #FCBayern

Hi friend!

I believe MARCA published this as an information filtered by Real Madrid to launch the idea that Varane is not transferable. To convince Varane.

But they know that everything depends on the decision of Varane. And Varane know what Benitez could bet again for Pepe - Ramos as his Centre backs. Varane being the third option for not having experience.

MARCA is like the newspaper of Real Madrid, where Real Madrid sends its messages. And this is part of the strategy of Real Madrid to convince

Varane to stay at Real Madrid.

This will be a game of poker, and I hope that we win.

Regards.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You