Raphael Varane

Sidzeret

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He just signed a long-term contract which means Real Madrid is serious about their future and so is Varane. They would probably let him go for 40-50 millon but he is not worth that much money. There are plenty great CB's out there. The most important thing for a CB is to build a good partnership with the other CB. If we signed someone for 50 million and he can't make a great duo with Cahill it's wasted money.

We haven't even tried Zouma or Christensen. They are young, sure, but Varane was 18 when Madrid signed him.

Aww :(

He's one of my favourite defenders right now, but maybe this will mean an opportunity for the likes of Kalas, Omeruo, Zouma and Christensen. And who knows how good they will become in the future.

Well, good for him then.

Didn't Gourlay say we already have JT's replacement? Christensen? Zouma? Kalas? Omeruo? Chalobah?

Hope most of them could make it here. They've got the talents.

But do any of them have Varane's potential.?

Omeruo on top of the list if you ask me. He is already established for his national team, winning afcon, but not yet at club level. For certain he got the potential, how close it compared with Varane's potential? I don't have any idea how to measure it, only time could answer that.

I believe Zouma, Omeruo or Christensen can make it here. Chalobah is not a CB but a DM.

Mourinho gave Varane a chance when he was 18, that's why he is so good by now. Zouma and Christensen are outstanding talents, I firmly believe they can become world class defenders but they need to play.

Also, Varane is not a fucking god so we don't have to cry because we missed out on him. We have the money so we can buy fantastic CB's or produce a Varane for ourself.

I'd rather we bought Inigo Martinez or Marc Bartra than Varane anyway, he's being massively overrated by the media (not denying his obvious talent)

Or we could, you know, promote a youth player

I'd rather we bought Inigo Martinez or Marc Bartra than Varane anyway, he's being massively overrated by the media (not denying his obvious talent)

Bartra is overrated himself too. Martinez is good but again will cost 30/40m release clause probably. Best is to just go for Godin, proven for many years and also 30m release clause.

Bartra is overrated himself too. Martinez is good but again will cost 30/40m release clause probably. Best is to just go for Godin, proven for many years and also 30m release clause.

Barta is overrated, but we'd be paying 20m max. I don't think Martinez would cost as much as you're saying, I'm pretty sure his release clause is like 26m or something. Godin is 28, doesn't make sense spending 30m on someone who will soon exit their prime years

I'd prefer it if we just promoted a youth though

Why would you RATHER them? Cause Varane is off the market now? Varane is miles ahead of them.

Inigo is overrated and Bartra would never cut it in PL. If there is good young CB in spain, its Laporte. But he would be realy expensive...

Why would you RATHER them? Cause Varane is off the market now? Varane is miles ahead of them.

He is. If we're looking to get a young CB, paying 50m for Varane would be stupid. I wanted us to get Varane (not at the expense of Kalas/Omeruo/Christansens's/Zouma's future though) but now I'd rather we got one of the two I stated above.

Inigo is overrated and Bartra would never cut it in PL. If there is good young CB in spain, its Laporte. But he would be realy expensive...

Why wouldn't he? Laporte would be a good option too, but ive not watched enough to form an opinion

He is. If we're looking to get a young CB, paying 50m for Varane would be stupid. I wanted us to get Varane (not at the expense of Kalas/Omeruo/Christansens's/Zouma's future though) but now I'd rather we got one of the two I stated above.

Why wouldn't he? Laporte would be a good option too, but ive not watched enough to form an opinion

Bartra IMO is bit too weak to be top CB in PL

You are telling me Bartra>Varane ???

You are telling me Martinez>Varane ???!

bro-what-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-you.jpg

Laporte release clause 42m euros and THEY WILL GET EVERY SINGLE PENNY OF IT. THERE is no negotiation with Bilbao

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/111469/athletic-club-bilbao-announce-contract-revision-for-aymeric-laporte-raising-release-clause-from-e36m-to-e42m/

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You