• Ramires
    • Oscar
    • Schurrle
    • Hazard
    • Torres
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Ba (sub)
    • Luiz (sub)

I'm not sure if the 1st half reflects simply how tired the team is just within this week, or if there is cumulative fatigue. I do know that the season for Chelsea might have just lost momentum and there's no center forward to pull the team onward.

Liverpool and ManCity look the most-likely to take the title. In Liverpool's case, the credit for their success is not just for Rodgers, Suarez and Sturridge, but Chelsea FC. Who gave them 50 million for a player with bad legs/back and sold them a high-quality player for relatively small money? Good job CFC, putting LFC back into the Champions League.

Hopefully CFC find some good strikers, center midfielders and get some good options at fullback for the future. Otherwise, there will be many more days watching CFC be embarrassed by a certain club in Red. ugh.

The potential future history: LFC + CFC + F.Torres = LFC's return to European power. Meaning, January 2011 may live forever. Guess we can hope not.

Happy for Schuerrle and Chelsea yesterday, but I'm irked over LFC, Sturridge, Torres still.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if the 1st half reflects simply how tired the team is just within this week, or if there is cumulative fatigue. I do know that the season for Chelsea might have just lost momentum and there's no center forward to pull the team onward.

Liverpool and ManCity look the most-likely to take the title. In Liverpool's case, the credit for their success is not just for Rodgers, Suarez and Sturridge, but Chelsea FC. Who gave them 50 million for a player with bad legs/back and sold them a high-quality player for relatively small money? Good job CFC, putting LFC back into the Champions League.

Hopefully CFC find some good strikers, center midfielders and get some good options at fullback for the future. Otherwise, there will be many more days watching CFC be embarrassed by a certain club in Red. ugh.

The potential future history: LFC + CFC + F.Torres = LFC's return to European power. Meaning, January 2011 may live forever. Guess we can hope not.

Happy for Schuerrle and Chelsea yesterday, but I'm irked over LFC, Sturridge, Torres still.

:doh:

:blink:

Otherwise, there will be many more days watching CFC be embarrassed by a certain club in Red. ugh.

Excuse me what team in red that has embarrassed CFC are you referring to? Certainly not the dirty red scousers that CFC beat-up on in December.

The runs Schurrle made were the runs that has been missing from our strikers. If only Torres is not so lazy and can actually make runs off the ball as opposed to running into our own players and impeding their progress, he would be a fearsome striker.

The missing element are: "Runs off the ball"

Torres please watch the second half game video. First half, as a sole striker, I was yelling at my TV screen. If you are a sole striker and the game switches in our defensive half, you switch with the ball. If they manage to clear the ball, it will only go on that side of the field. Any fool knows that. Torres Smh. if he fails under Jose, he needs to just pack things up. He's had how many chances under how many coaches to redeem himself, even had Benitez twice and still no progress. Its all Torres and no one else. He needs to wake up and start playing, or otherwise find himself in some other league playing obscure teams.

Or perhaps we could see how Andre would do with a good run of games as a striker - reckon he won't do much worse than the other strikers at the very least.

The big question is whether Andre will be comfortable playing with his back to the goal, which is certainly needed at times.

--

BTW, really donn't get all the praise Cahill got - he was OK along with Iva, and did not look that comfortable in possession once we got our defense line up the field in the second half. He was again better than Terry though (allowed Clint's free header); Terry who seems to be tiring a bit lately. From the back line Azpi was once against the better player.

Also, Fulham was as bad as I expected them to be. Bent is one of the worst strikers I've ever seen play the game.

I don't wish to take anything away from schurle's goals yesterday but does anyone else think that the Fulham keeper seemed to have a wee bet on Chelsea winning yesterday?

no.....ok maybe just me...............

his 2 poor efforts at clearances in 1st half + looking at the goals again, apart from possibly the 1st, he made pretty poor efforts at the others.....the 3rd he was woeful

maybe it was just me , well if Fulham are to survive, I think the keeper will have to be looked at.....

great to see schurle getting game time and hopefully some mins against spuds as well cos for me he is always looking to break the line unlike willian or torres

REVEALED: Jose Mourinho told his Chelsea team: ''It’s your s*** – sort it out!'' at half-time against Fulham

http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/chelsea%20fc#ixzz2uqyxzysN

Schurrle did say he said one thing then left that he couldn't repeat in interview this makes sense

wish we could use shurrle as a striker for the reminder of the season

then we will losing his best ability which is finding empty space. he's like muller in munich whom german ppl say "master of space", or its called misdirection in magician dictionary. if we put him as striker then the spotlight will be him, and he will get more attention, more marking, more tackling which will reduce his chances. and all his goals yesterday proved this point

then we will losing his best ability which is finding empty space. he's like muller in munich whom german ppl say "master of space", or its called misdirection in magician dictionary. if we put him as striker then the spotlight will be him, and he will get more attention, more marking, more tackling which will reduce his chances. and all his goals yesterday proved this point

Great point. I might be incorrect but weren't all three of his goals the product of a run that started ahead of Torres? Nando steps up, the defender follows and Schurrle goes into the space beyond him? At times in the second-half it actually looked like a front two rather than a lone striker.

Spurs are dodgy at left-back. If we have Schurrle on that wing then Nando can drag one of the defenders out of the line and I guarantee that whoever is supposed to be tracking Schurrle will lose him if he makes a diagonal run. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if Eto'o and Willian started but it's nice to dream.

Great point. I might be incorrect but weren't all three of his goals the product of a run that started ahead of Torres? Nando steps up, the defender follows and Schurrle goes into the space beyond him? At times in the second-half it actually looked like a front two rather than a lone striker.

Spurs are dodgy at left-back. If we have Schurrle on that wing then Nando can drag one of the defenders out of the line and I guarantee that whoever is supposed to be tracking Schurrle will lose him if he makes a diagonal run. Of course I wouldn't be surprised if Eto'o and Willian started but it's nice to dream.

I'm sure AVB would have watched our Fulham match and made amends for that matter, but I'm not sure if Sherwood will pick that up. Similar runs could win us that match as well but then again Spurs doesn't play much of a high line.

First half - Pathetic. I was calling for Schurrle to be taken off.... shows how much i know :ph34r:

Second half - Fantastic. I think Fulham tired easily in the second half but take nothing away from Hazard and/or Schurrle. They tore their defence to pieces. Hzard in particular.

With Arsenal losing what a fantastic weekend. Now let's rubberstamp our place at the top with a win againts the Yids!! :blue scalf: