UCL Final - Chelsea Vs Man Utd

James

kalou would have score it....

look at centre backs who try to take penalties

carrager for england

materrazi for inter

and ferdinand did not even dare to step up for it....instead youngsters like anderson and nani did it for them

cech need to learn how to save penalty and quick....he was much better this time than he was last year....

Rome here we come

Edited by kbchel

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny, i mean he slipped, he has taken pens before and scored with ease. He just lost his footing. He even put VDS completely the wrong way lol. Its easy in hein site to say kalou shoulda just taken it, but he didnt. We've gotta just move on from it. Wednesday was a nightmare for us all and for millions of Chelsea fans and every player. I guess if you look back, Ashleys pen shouldve been saved. It was a huge shock that ronaldive missed, but also Cech shoulda saved the pen before JT's.

We missed 1/5, Mancs missed 1/5. Thats how we perhaps should look at it.

Got this from a friend of mine, he's a kid living next door and an arsenal fan..

i'm so sorry man, Chelsea lost....actually they won because they played way better than manu , the penalty was just luck....so next time manus gonna see hell!

next time drogba will tackle ronaldo....ronaldo will say, "this is madness". Drogba will reply, "madness???THIS IS Chelsea!!!!!", and kick in a goal......hope you've seen the movie '300'

:lol:

imagining it put a smile on my face, though i'd share it..

kalou would have score it....

look at centre backs who try to take penalties

carrager for england

materrazi for inter

and ferdinand did not even dare to step up for it....instead youngsters like anderson and nani did it for them

cech need to learn how to save penalty and quick....he was much better this time than he was last year....

Rome here we come

Mate.

I'm a goalkeeper, and I don't like to blow my own trumpet, but I believe I'm decent enough to defend Cech in this situation. You can't learn to save penalties. It's a lottery, it is impossible to determine where they will go. A goalkeeper has two choices in a penalty shootout. The first is to chose a side to dive, dive about a foot and a half off the ground so you can reach medium-to-high penalties on your side whilst being able to deny low ones with the torso and free arm. The other is to stand still and wait for the ball to be kicked and try and gauge the shot, as Cech did against Ronaldo. Its a high rish situation to do so, but if the ball is near enough to the middle of the goal then there is a good chance it can be saved.

It's all about guess work. You can't learn how to save them.

guess its instincts that made dida, buffon and kahn better at penalties............

but he really did better this time....compare to the other shoot out

Blue Lion.

Its NOT luck. Its Instinct, Reflxes, concentration on the foot of the kick taker and a bit of luck.

Buffon, is the BEST when it comes to Penalties. !!! He is the complete goalkeeper according to me if only cech who is only 26(still has 12-13 yrs on him) can improve his glove work at penalties, he can be the best with Buffon, Yashin, Kahn, and other Greats.

Im totally SHOCKED! BLUR for a minutes and yea i can't even get to sleep thinking how very close we are to the title...the victory..after waiting and struggling for many years. Obviously our performances at the 2nd half and at the et better than manu. We deserves the title.

Blue Lion.

Its NOT luck. Its Instinct, Reflexes, concentration on the foot of the kick taker and a bit of luck.

Buffon, is the BEST when it comes to Penalties. !!! He is the complete goalkeeper according to me if only cech who is only 26(still has 12-13 yrs on him) can improve his glove work at penalties, he can be the best with Buffon, Yashin, Kahn, and other Greats.

Its luck. You guess the right way and you save it. You can study psychology like Cech has done, you can watch the player's movements, and it all counts for nothing. The best penalty takers in the world use reverse psychology; they change their run-up, they hit the ball differently. To a certain amount, yes it is reflexes. But saving a penalty is exactly the same as scoring one. Guess a side to go, and stick with it.

And no way is Buffon the complete goalkeeper. He is possibly the least commanding goalkeeper in the area of his generation. Great shotstopper, but no communication. And I have seen much better penalty savers. And that's why its down to luck. Jose Reina and Joao Ricardo are incredible penalty savers, but overall they are average goalkeepers, whereas the best in the business, ie. Cech and Casillas, can struggle with penalties.

hey lads ,

don´t know why , but i have to make a little statement right now

not very important though, but ... yeah, so i ´ll start.

first of all, i hadn´t the chance to watch the match live, because i was on a plane heading for NYC. very strange situation.

i got the result from three london-buisness-heads in the row for checking-in. very strange situation again.

my brother taped the match for me, Chelsea was very good in the second half.

and i realised something :

with ballack and essien we will have a great midfield, even if lamps is leaving for inter.

and we have to get rid of sheva, drogba and malouda. and get a striker-couple like gudjohnsen/hasselbaink once was, playing in a 4-4-2 system.

thinking of the penalties i am so proud of all of them.loosing because of penalty-shooting is not a shame.

they did a great job and are all better than christiano LOLnaldo...that wanker with his stops was stopped by Poker-faced Czech.

anelka just guessed wrong, thats why old Van der Sar...you know

last but not least i have much respect for JT, with pressure that great missing a penalty it is not such a mess like borenaldos miss.

he slipped, but that happens, right ?

i hope he will get okay, can image he is very down now... good that he don´t have to play European Cup right now ;)

but still, i don´t get over it.

and i´ll hate manu more than ever.

so Come on Chels´

Agree about two strikers that understand each other. Even if Anelka and Drogba play together they are like two individuals, unlike the Gudjohnsen Hasselbaink partnership, who had an 'understanding'.

I cant watch the whole match again-pisses me off too much -but have watched bits on Youtube etc -just so close!!. Lampard hitting the ball two inches lower would have clinched it, as with Drogbas to the right.

well then you wont want to watch this then will you :P It is desperately painful still!

It does still hurt lol because of how we lost but think about Valencia. In 2000 they lost to their fellow spaniards Real Madrid 3-0 in the Champions League Final.

In 2001, the very next damn year! they got to the final again and this is what happened lol. It could be worse badboy.

Edited by OllieCFC