Euro 2016 Group Stage Draw

Jase

Euro 2016 Group Stage Draw...

8PMEbkA.png

Full Euro 2016 qualifying draw...

E16_zpsb0c23e95.png

--------------------------------

The draw for the EURO 2016 qualifying stages will be starting very soon...11am UK time to be exact. Below are the national teams seeded into their respective pots.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26207723

Full list of seedings:
Pot 1: Spain, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, England, Portugal, Greece, Russia, Bosnia-Hercegovina.
Pot 2: Ukraine, Croatia, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Republic of Ireland.
Pot 3: Serbia, Turkey, Slovenia, Israel, Norway, Slovakia, Romania, Austria, Poland.
Pot 4: Montenegro, Armenia, Scotland, Finland, Latvia, Wales, Bulgaria, Estonia, Belarus.
Pot 5: Iceland, Northern Ireland, Albania, Lithuania, Moldova, FYR Macedonia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Cyprus.
Pot 6: Luxembourg, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Faroe Islands, Malta, Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCKING YES! :getin::getin::getin:

Got drawn in the same group with Greece, Hungary, Romania, Northern Ireland and Faroe Islands. We've never qualified for a major international tournament (WC / EC) and it will still be a tough task for Finland to qualify but this is the easiest group we've ever had and coupled with the fact that this time even the third placed teams have a good chance of qualifying I'm feeling very confident. It's nice to get a good draw for once, for the WC Qualifiers we had Spain and France and for Euro2012 we had Netherlands and Sweden...

FUCKING YES! :getin::getin::getin:

Got drawn in the same group with Greece, Hungary, Romania, Northern Ireland and Faroe Islands. We've never qualified for a major international tournament (WC / EC) and it will still be a tough task for Finland to qualify but this is the easiest group we've ever had and coupled with the fact that this time even the third placed teams have a good chance of qualifying I'm feeling very confident. It's nice to get a good draw for once, for the WC Qualifiers we had Spain and France and for Euro2012 we had Netherlands and Sweden...

Great group, Greece, Hungary, Romania and Finland all have a fair chance of getting in the top two. The (more optimistic part of the) media and public here definitely see us reaching the play-offs (at least), but every game will be hard, especially going away. Even Northern Ireland and the Faroe Islands will be a tough place to visit, so nothing is certain, it's a really balanced draw

Naah. It's Israel. They have 'Messi'...in Yossi Benayoun. :Goober:

Were going to win the group, you dont know anything... we have Hemed+Ben Basat in attack, Natcho in midfield, the amazing Ben Haim in defense!

Seriously it will be 1. BEL 2. Bosnia 3. Israel. When we'll definitely lose in the playoffs.

But nice that Hazard, Lukaku and all are going to play here... i'll definitely go to see this game.

Were going to win the group, you dont know anything... we have Hemed+Ben Basat in attack, Natcho in midfield, the amazing Ben Haim in defense!

Seriously it will be 1. BEL 2. Bosnia 3. Israel. When we'll definitely lose in the playoffs.

But nice that Hazard, Lukaku and all are going to play here... i'll definitely go to see this game.

:lol:

TBF, think Israel do have a decent chance of finishing in the Top 2. You did decently after all in the World Cup qualifying group and drew with Portugal twice. Just probably need to start winning more games than drawing as you only lost 2 games in the end and both was to Russia.

Great group, Greece, Hungary, Romania and Finland all have a fair chance of getting in the top two. The (more optimistic part of the) media and public here definitely see us reaching the play-offs (at least), but every game will be hard, especially going away. Even Northern Ireland and the Faroe Islands will be a tough place to visit, so nothing is certain, it's a really balanced draw

Yep, expecting a very open group and at the moment I can't see anyone being a clear favorite. Maybe Greece and Romania have the best teams but they're not as tough to beat as some of the other similarly seeded team would have been.

The optimism in the media is pretty much the same here. Our team is not very good at the moment but ever since our current manager Mixu Paatelainen took over in 2011 his main objective has been to qualify for the Euro2016 and the draw was definitely the best we could have hoped for so it's understandable to be optimistic. Won't be easy but we sure as hell have a better chance of qualifying now than we would have had if we'd drawn teams like Germany, Belgium and Serbia from pots 1-3.

If we assumed Greece and Romania to be nailed on for the top3 I suppose it's between my country and yours to settle the remaining place in the tournament / play-offs. Good luck. ;)

Yep, expecting a very open group and at the moment I can't see anyone being a clear favorite. Maybe Greece and Romania have the best teams but they're not as tough to beat as some of the other similarly seeded team would have been.

The optimism in the media is pretty much the same here. Our team is not very good at the moment but ever since our current manager Mixu Paatelainen took over in 2011 his main objective has been to qualify for the Euro2016 and the draw was definitely the best we could have hoped for so it's understandable to be optimistic. Won't be easy but we sure as hell have a better chance of qualifying now than we would have had if we'd drawn teams like Germany, Belgium and Serbia from pots 1-3.

If we assumed Greece and Romania to be nailed on for the top3 I suppose it's between my country and yours to settle the remaining place in the tournament / play-offs. Good luck. ;)

As we played against Romania in the WC qualifiers, and basically got humiliated in the away game (3-0), we are definitely aiming for revenge this year. The rivalization is huge with them, (and it didn't help that at home we had to play them behind close doors, beacuse of some racist remarks in a friendly against Israel) so there is going to be a big emphasis on that game, a lot bigger than on any other.

We have new manager, who is not widely accepted, and who will be playing his first game against Finland in a friendly in March, which of course won't decide anything, but will be a nice test to see how we compare to each other. I like Finland so I hope we can snatch the first two places, and go to France together :getin: Best of luck