Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

A 1-1 draw is a decent result in the first leg away from home but it's a tad frustrating. We could and should have killed the game off in the first 30 minutes. Had so many chances on the counter, thanks to Mancini's tactical suicide, but we didn't make it count and all because of our poor passing and indecisiveness in the final third. Played poorly in the second half but didn't look overly threatened and yet still managed to give away such a cheap goal from a corner against a side that was nothing special. Nothing! Terry and Cech were certainly at fault for it; one left his man unmarked and the other didn't come to collect/punch away the ball when he should have. Poor.

Also, the referee Carlos Velasco Carballo was quite literally taking the piss. He continued where Lee Probert left off at the weekend; favoring the opposition with his decisions. Every time we make a challenge and a Galatasaray player goes down, it's a free kick but when it's the other way around, nothing was given. Worse of all is that he went card happy for a moment dishing yellow cards on such cheap fouls for us and yet someone like Melo who has been going around making crude challenges on several occasions didn't even get a yellow card. Utterly pathetic showing from the referee!

So? Football isnt a linear math equation!

United lost 2-0 to Olympiakos, but that doesnt mean they would lose 5-0 to Bayern (probably would, but you get the idea). Just like we drawing 1-1 with Galatasaray doesnt mean we would get trashed by Barcelona...

It wasnt a good match, but it is not the end of the world and I think people should learn to appreciate decent results when they come!

I'm not worried about the result, or about the tie. I dont see Gala causing us any trouble in SB.

I'm worried thats its the 4th game in a row with bad football, Hazard invisible, few chances created.

Sadly it wasnt only a band day...

A decent result, but whatever you may think, you gotta admit that Cech was the culprit for the goal. It's unbelievable how the f*ck he always is afraid of going all in and jump for the fucking ball when he has the advantage of having a very tall body and long arms. Torres' cowardness is even worse, the dude is both taller and larger than Oscar but Oscar has bigger cojones, it's not even funny anymore. The 2nd half was reminiscent of City FA away. Tactics or not, we shouldn't be playing so cluelessly when the opposition has momentum. I really wish we could resort to tiki-taka as plan B at least instead of that pass pass between the defenders.

:doh:

You seriously need to relax and back the team after a decent, positive result.

I think he has every right to be angry with the performance. It was really poor and we've lived up to the stereotype of a team that play, boring, negative, defensive, turgid football. And with Hazard, Schurrle, Torres, Willian feeding off scraps for 90 mins? Pathetic. Fuck the 1-1 result. That was disgraceful "football".

Give me the Chelsea of Zola, Di Matteo, Poyet, anyday over this bullshit I just watched.

Only one team came to play football. It's unacceptable IMO, what we did.

Give it a fucking rest. We could've gone with Mikel in the middle but we didn't. We could've gone with 3 in the midfield and killed it but we played an attacking team.

I'm sorry you weren't entertained but these away games are about getting a result so you're still in the tie come the second leg. The fact is we have the advantage going back to the Bridge and I'm sure we'll play a much more attacking game there.

And I could give a fuck if some journalists are going to give us a bad write-up tomorrow because the same cunts were going on about how great Arsenal were a couple of weeks ago and look how that turned out.

How can such expensive and talented team play sooo shit against fuckin Gala?!

Its not like we couldnt beat them, we simply didnt want to beat them. End with this shit defensive football. Ok if we played against barca or Bayern but fuckin Gala? Or West Brom last time? Fuck Mou get your shit together.

Also Mikel, Lamps, Torres, Etoo need to leave. I like Lamps, but things got soo fucked up its not funny anymore. If we cant put a good performance, we dont deserve to play in CL. Simple as that. Tonights 2nd half was utter disgrace and hurts our public image. No one likes to watch such shit, including Chelsea fans. And to not allow players like Hazard to play their game, its ridiculous. Why the fuck doesnt Mou just start game with 10 defenders and keep it goalless till end? Would be no different than tonight game and some of our attackers would get proper rest. Dissapointed.

Our finishing wasn't good enough in the first half. Also, we just can't keep the football well enough and that puts us under constant pressure specially away from home. No, we don't need to play like Barcelona with those boring short passes for 90+ minutes, but there are times when keeping the football is important; say after you score a goal and want to put pressure on the opponent as it can become an ordeal to try to score without the football.

Although I don't quite buy what Jose said about our chances in the PL, I don't really think we have a shot at CL with our best (in form) players cup tied - not to mention some areas in where we are a bit thin. Galatasaray's tie is really irrelevant as they are not contenders.

Mate you must of watched the wrong game?

I watched a Chelsea team unable to play two passes together in the CL. We've invested a lot in our squad, and we produce that shower of shit for a world audience? It's not a one off, we are known to play terrible football. It might be okay by you, but playing like that does no good for the image of our club. And I'm not exaggerating.

I´m speechless, I know that playing away versus Galatasaray isn´t easy but that doesn´t mean that they have to stop playing something called football. I just can´t be satisfied with the result if the players don´t give a f*ck about even passing correctly. No, this is the worse performance the whole season.