Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

if an extra ball enters the field of play during the match, the referee must stop the match only if it interferes with play. If an extra ball enters the field of play during the match without interfering play, the referee must have it removed at the earliest possible opportunity. This is what is written on Fifa's rules. We stick on these rules on our shitty league . And i couldnt see the second ball anywhere near the playing area.

Terry had the ball in his hand still when the other was thrown in...If that isn't interferring I don't know what is!?

if an extra ball enters the field of play during the match, the referee must stop the match only if it interferes with play. If an extra ball enters the field of play during the match without interfering play, the referee must have it removed at the earliest possible opportunity. This is what is written on Fifa's rules. We stick on these rules on our shitty league . And i couldnt see the second ball anywhere near the playing area.

Dude, Terry had the ball in his hands when the second one was thrown in. Of course the ref had to stop play. Plus the whistle came before Yilmaz tried to shoot at goal. He was never going to score if the ref didn't blow the whistle, Cech literally took his hand away from the ball after the whistle came. He was always going to save that.

The ref had a terrible game with a lot of mistakes, but that was not one of them.

Chelsea has become a great team defensively. That is the mentality that wins games, or saves a point when it could have been none.

Results are great, but there is no fun/excitement in results, only satisfaction.

Glory is achieved by points, not performances, so stop calling people glory hunters or to "support" other clubs.

If a supporter wants performances, they are actually less of a glory hunter than the person who only cares about the points.

If Chelsea Performed rubbish yesterday, then so be it. take it on the chin.

We got a favourable result, feel secure about it.

A Striker can change everything for us next season. That is the bottom line for this season.

The mentality to not lose is now in every player, hopefully the mentality to win, and win well is something that we see next season, as Jose says, Little horse will become Big horse etc.

We already have defensive cohesion. but offensively there is no fluidity, which is worrying.

Playing counter attack doesnt necessarily mean we can not impose ourselves during the game . Somehow, more often than not, we fail to impose, and end up losing control of the game.

To our Turkish visitors, if you honestly believe your team has a 70% chance of qualifying there's money to be made on the betting market. At the moment I see Galatasaray being given odds of 5/1 compared to Chelsea's mere 1/6. What this means is that basically the betting industry is estimating the teams' chances to be something like Chelsea 85% and Galatasaray 15%. Hell, even if you think your team only has a 30% chance of going through those odds still provide good value for you.

Bet the bookies must be loving this situation, they're getting an insane amount of money from overly optimistic Turks. :lol:

If you read my post up the page you will see it is both balanced and has points well made. The ref had chances to allow the game to flow but chose to be whistle happy and make general bad decisions. I also like how you point the finger at the ref for disallowing a goal and then go onto to call Terry a bitch. Your gripe should lay with the ref not Terry, but I understand Terry is a hate figure for throwing a ball :rolleyes:

I can compare Cech's so called time wasting the same as Eboue's because I can. It was comparable in ways that he was taking enormous amounts of time yet you accuse Cech of doing so. Oh and to counter your argument about 'He couldn't decide what to do' neither could Cech.......your go!!!

See you in London.

Oh you dont believe this too you know exactly they are different :)

It's really fun to talk with you guys, see you in London ...

I'm trying not be to critical here but last night I noticed a couple of things....Does Torres only jump for headers when it suits him? I lost count how many times he just watched the ball go over his head and for the defender to clear. Also, when Willian pressed right up the field and closed down Muslera he approached the keeper, and as he was doing so he was waving people from behind to push up and there was nobody doing so. Torres was wavering about half way line and Schurrle and Hazard weren't far from half way either, this giving the keeper an easy option to pass it to either man wide of Willian.

But you forget something, Juve is far better than chelsea, and yes we were lucky at second leg. But hey you were also lucky at tonight's match. Im not talking big words. I would say the same as you yesterday, but seeing chelsea tonight...well all i can say that it is a fact and i don't think youre gonna be so lucky at second leg unless you brick a wall in front of a goalpost,

Quarter final? Maybe next year honey but not this year, not against us,

Yea i forgot we are playing against the titans from Galata. The team who only passed the group stage twice since the competition!

Just promise me to come here when the 2nd leg is finished if you still have the balls to do it.

The fact a unsecured Galata fan like you come here after coming back from behind to get a shit draw at home and playing against one of the worst matches Chelsea played this season is just priceless.

Just Can't Understand Why we played so negative football in the second half.
WHY mou try to keep the 1-0 always?! like vs WBA and now.... why not continue attacking?!

It's not that we were sitting back and looking to hold on to the lead. More like taking the foot off the gas and trying to attack on the counter. Also we do lack the clinical touch up front, be it Eto'o or Torres or even Schurrle.

Has been the story of our season so far.