Galatasaray 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Torres was MOTM for me. We created absolutely nothing as soon as he went off.

I agree mate. He played the best I have seen play for a while. Mourinho needs to make the right substitutions in the future. I have NO IDEA why Ba isn't being given a chance?!

sad... :(

other than azpi and an away goal there is nothing good....

what the hell was our midfield doing?!!

begining to feel players are more worried about positioning and tracking back than actually playing football! what the hell was willian doing?!(gr8 work rate but everything else just sad!!)

oscar should have been brought out earlier....imo instead of willian....

while bringing in mikel is always funny!

only thing i want to know was if the pitch was bad? seemed like we wanted to play high balls than neat passes....

btw cech needs to find his bearings..the goal was his mistake...otherwise defense was solid...

all in all another glaring match highlighting the need of a good midfielder to marshall the midfield(ex:ballack,toure) and a striker who can make a game by himself(ex:drogs!!)

I´m speechless, I know that playing away versus Galatasaray isn´t easy but that doesn´t mean that they have to stop playing something called football. I just can´t be satisfied with the result if the players don´t give a f*ck about even passing correctly. No, this is the worse performance the whole season.

I suggest you start to support another team then .. Try R M they scored six

tonight

Give me the Chelsea of Zola, Di Matteo, Poyet, anyday over this bullshit I just watched.

Who won much less than this team. Yay we beat United 5-0....who won the title? Yay we beat Galatasaray 5-0....and then Barca thumped us 5-1.

That was also the Chelsea of Chris Sutton and Jes Hogh.

I thought chelsea was a good team, i thought wrong. chelsea is the weakest team of the last 16.Mourinho is a coward and his pussy team parked a bus in their goalpost. In the second leg we should have no problem to beat those pussies and qualify last 8

Came out looking for a draw, got it.

The only thing I didn't get was, if Mou wanted to keep the score why bring Mikel in AFTER we concede?

I mean if you're not planning to attack then get Mikel on when it was 1-0 not when its 1-1 ..

Fuck the result

What is wrong with our attack? We will never have any chance of winning the league with this horrible attack. It reminds me of 3 years ago when we could defend for our lives but we didn't even have an ounce of creativity or flair going forward.

I love Hazard but he really needs to be more selfish at times, he had Eboue one on one and for some reason held the ball up and waited for Torres. Willian the same, good defensively but doesn't offer anything decent up top.

The sooner Oscar comes back to form the better, him and Hazard are probably the only chance we have at even contending for the title this season.

We need Oscar to start most of our games. We need someone who can play the killer pass to our CF's, instead of always going for goal themselves. Mata filled that void last season, but Oscar has to do it now.

Very boring game for me.

But still a good result.

Let's hope we do the job, because if in the next leg it's 0-0 and we play for that, well with Drogba anything is possible.

So we need to do our job and not play for a nil game.

I suggest you start to support another team then .. Try R M they scored six

tonight

What is your problem? If you read my comment again, I said that I didn´t like our performance tonight. And that is why I´m not satisified. Who are you to tell me to support anything else? Really? Mature..

I think he has every right to be angry with the performance. It was really "poor" and we've lived up to the stereotype of a team that "play, boring, negative, defensive, turgid football". And with Hazard, Schurrle, Torres, Willian feeding off scraps for 90 mins? Pathetic. Fuck the 1-1 result. That was disgraceful "football".

Give me the Chelsea of Zola, Di Matteo, Poyet, anyday over this bullshit I just watched.

Poor, boring, negative, turgid, pathetic, and above all, disgraceful. Anything else mate? :)

A decent result, but whatever you may think, you gotta admit that Cech was the culprit for the goal. It's unbelievable how the f*ck he always is afraid of going all in and jump for the fucking ball when he has the advantage of having a very tall body and long arms. Torres' cowardness is even worse, the dude is both taller and larger than Oscar but Oscar has bigger cojones, it's not even funny anymore. The 2nd half was reminiscent of City FA away. Tactics or not, we shouldn't be playing so cluelessly when the opposition has momentum. I really wish we could resort to tiki-taka as plan B at least instead of that pass pass between the defenders.

Yet you didn't win and we have an advantadge in the home leg. Suck it old sport.

Something is wrong somewhere. We've played to many poor games this season. Is Mourinho incapable of putting out a side that plays good football? I know the CM pairing of Ramires and Lampard is not ideal at all, but the team was clearly set-up to play defensive football. What's the point of having flair players if we can't use them properly at the highest level?

Remember Schalke away (we won, but they out-passed us senseless. we won purely through individual brilliance) Basel away? Man City away? As soon as a team pressures our midfield, we collapse. Mourinho has to be more flexible than this. Remember, this was the reason why Roman's first choice was Guardiola, a manager whose teams play proper football..

Can any Chelsea fan seriously say he's happy with that game? If we lost 2-1 and we had a proper go, played proper football and kept the ball on the freaking ground, I would have been happier. And I say that sincerely. Mourinho keeps talking about "proactive" football but I only see "reactive" football. There is no evolution in the team's style of play. Maybe Mourinho just doesn't know how to make his sides play good football. Food for thought

Wow, some over-reaction. We played away to a team which has some decent players. Got a draw, and sat back to soon. It's not a dire situation. Just ask the other english clubs whose situation they would rather have.

To be honest, United should have at least drawn with Olympiakos.....just goes to show how inept Moyes is.