test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

petre.ispirescu

True Detective

Started by petre.ispirescu,

38 posts in this topic

Not excited by the cast, don't think they can top McConaughey and Harelson.

With Pizzolatto at the helm, anything is possible.

The first season was outstanding. Currently watching it again and it's just as good! Loved the main characters and the story, the music is fantastic too.

Season 2 will struggle to be as good, but I have faith they can pull something out of the bag! Can't wait for more!

deeda5ed422cac28397424b5d5e8903f.jpg

TheIceMan likes this

Loved the first series but will obviously be different this time round.

It had dried up abit as far as TV progs I watch but with Wayward Pines/Under the Dome and the 2nd half of season 4 Person of Interest I got a couple to watch

Just read that season 5 of POI is only 13 episodes. Last series then eh!

Dug the hell out of that first episode. Looks like it's going to rely on narrative less than in the first season, and I'm all for it. The style fits the mood like a glove.

Pretty solid first episode, set the sacene nicely and introduced the new characters well enough. Colin Farrell is so damn underrated.

It was beautifully shot too. I'm intrigued.

First series outstanding having heavyweight actors like Harrelson and McConaughey on board shows this was a serious piece of drama. I've only seen the first episode of series 2 but Vince Fucking Vaughn just fuck off and off and off. He's so wooden and unsuitable for the role like i said i've only seen the first episode of series 2 but Vaughn as a shady mafia type character is laughable he hasn't exactly got the presence of James Gandolfini has he. As for bejesus Colin Farrell well not sure who might be up for an Emmy him or that moustache. Oh while i'm on it motorbike dude can fuck off as well, there's just no tension it's not terrible it's just not a patch on series 1

Unionjack likes this