test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
petre.ispirescu

True Detective

Started by petre.ispirescu,

38 posts in this topic

2l8c8w7.jpg

Any early fans? This thing is so deep, Matthew McConaughey IS.ON.FIRE! Such an amazing show and gorgeous cinematography, too. Another HBO masterpiece, this is going to be a classic one. The writing is next level, the dialogue between both of them is just superb. It simply blew my mind. The Wire/Breaking Bad/Game of Thrones level and only sky is the limit for this series.

I'm a big big fan of the show. Even before the show started. I knew it's going to be a huge hit for me personally. Mathew fully deserves the Oscar for his role in Dallas Buyers Club. And also in this role he's also outstanding!!! For me he is the best actor this year, in everything he has performed!

petre.ispirescu and babu like this

Watched the pilot as per your recommendation. I must say, the acting was of the highest level, McConaughey was absolutely superb (could barely recognize him) and Woody is Woody, always has been a great actor. I can't say much about the show, but the pilot was promising.

The Wire

I saw it a few years ago and honestly did not like it that much. Hows Six Feet Under. I've read good reviews about it but the trailer I saw on Youtube made the show look kind of boring.

Anyone watched all 8?

Yeah I did. Sad it's ended, but was a good show. Must say the acting was of the highest quality, and Rust is one of my all time favourite TV characters. Most of the philosophical dialogues were too confusing for me, but I managed to enjoy it nonetheless.

JDY likes this

Yeah I did. Sad it's ended, but was a good show. Must say the acting was of the highest quality, and Rust is one of my all time favourite TV characters. Most of the philosophical dialogues were too confusing for me, but I managed to enjoy it nonetheless.

Same here about Rust, fantastic character. Watched one episode a while back expecting it to be one of those typical cop shows and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Hopefully season two will be as good, wonder who the main actors/actresses will be.

Same here about Rust, fantastic character. Watched one episode a while back expecting it to be one of those typical cop shows and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Hopefully season two will be as good, wonder who the main actors/actresses will be.

The following season(s) won't be the same without Marty and Rust. I doubt they'll be able to replicate the atmosphere of the first one, but we shall see. Papania and the other guy perhaps? :P

True Detective was great. McConaughey and Harrelson's performances were sensational.

Matthew McConaughey has truly had an amazing run of performances lately. Dallas Buyers Club, The Wolf of Wall street and True Detective. With Interstellar coming out, I'm thinking it's gonna be another 'alright, alright' year for him.

1chelsea likes this

Great show ! superb acting, dialogues, cinematography..

Although I did not enjoy it as much as I enjoyed Breaking Bad or Game Of Thrones. Dont know why..

2015. A new year, a new season of True Detective to sink into.

Cast:

Colin Farrell as Ray Velcoro
Vince Vaughn as Frank Semyon
Rachel McAdams as Ani Bezzerides
Taylor Kitsch as Paul Woodrugh
Kelly Reilly as Jordan Semyon
Afemo Omilami as Police Chief Holloway

Season two will be written by Nic Pizzolatto. Cary Joji Fukunaga, who was responsible for some of the invigorating cinematography exhibited in Season 1, will be standing in as executive producer. As he is no longer directing the series, Justin Lin and a range of other candidates will be setting the tone for the show. Reports state that California will be the region of choice this year.

Expected première date will be this Summer.

giphy.gif

Who's pumped?