Chelsea v Everton

Jase

4231 for a game like Everton, 4321/4312 only comes out during the heavy games... It would be a little disappointing if we needed a 4321 against Everton at home.

I respect your opinion. I kind of feel 4-1-2-3 would be more offensively aggressive and we would be able to create a lot of scorring opportunities. Oscar and Willian will be providing alot of assistance to Hazard, Scurrle and Eto offensively.

I respect your opinion. I kind of feel 4-1-2-3 would be more offensively aggressive and we would be able to create a lot of scorring opportunities. Oscar and Willian will be providing alot of assistance to Hazard, Scurrle and Eto offensively.

That's the problem it's just an opinion, I know Mourinho tactics very well (I've followed his whole career pretty closely) and he only every keep a few formations in his pocket 4123 is not one of them. For this Chelsea team the formation is 4231, and its staying like that, his two trivote formations only come into play against big clubs. What I was trying to get it no matter how nice you think the formations is, it'll never happen

Very interesting that City have only had 2 away games to the top 7 teams.

If you realized, City and Liverpool's fixtures against the Top 7 are pretty much lopsided and opposite of each other. In the first half of the season, City played 5 of them at home and 1 away while Liverpool played 5 away from home and only 1 at home. The others have a more balanced fixtures.

1314PLMLT7OHA_zps0e05724d.png

given the fact that we and pool have played the exact portions of home and away games, it just shows that we have barely got 2 more points than pool against "weaker" teams. And with the game at anfield left, norhing can be ruled out.

The fact that you can't differentiate 2010 from 2009 and that Torres is you favourite player tells me every thing I need to know about your opinion.

(Sorry for the off-topic)

I think you will find the season Started in 2009? we won it in season 2009/10. Nit picking eh?

looks more like a galatasaray away team than everton at home team

Yeah, 4-3-3 is more defensive than 4-2-3-1, especially the way we play it. Oscar will obviously start against Everton. The thing that worries me about this current squad is the lack of goalscorers in it, at least when compared to some of our past teams.

We all know about the strikers, but Lamps is now an elder citizen and he isn't having the excellent season he had last year (mostly due to injury lay-offs). So that's one source of goals gone. Mata is gone. Another source of goals gone. Oscar's goal output has been decent, but he hardly ever creates for people. His assists are very poor for a number 10 in an elite team. Willian, doesn't score goals. One reason why I think he's not worth the amount we paid for him. Little goals from Ramires, Luiz, Matic and Mikel. And our defenders aren't scoring as many as they normally do.

Would like us to go with

Cech

Azplicueta - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Matic - Luiz

Willian - Oscar - Hazard

Eto'o

Willian is a must because he'll track Baines back all day. Matic, Luiz and Oscar to really really press McCarthy and Barry. I love Coleman so will be interested to see how he gets on against Hazard.

Hang on, are you telling me that those that go to The Bridge all share the same view with you that Torres is merely "off form" and will somehow regain his world class talent? That's strange, because myself and most of others that do make it to SB now and then want him gone and think he's finished as well. He can never be the number one striker for us, he's not good enough. The fact that Eto'o who was brought in as a back up is out scoring him whilst playing lesser games in the PL should say it all.

You seriously aren't the voice of SB in regards to Torres, lol. In fact, the general consensus there is against your opinion of Torres.

I never said anything like that! stop twisting my words!