Chelsea v Everton

Jase

Important game seeing as Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal all have more winnable ones than us. It's essential we win all home games from here on out.

JT being back is great news.

I know we have Galatasaray midweek but we shouldn't rest players against a decent Everton team. They played well in their game at Arsenal but I'm sure Jose watched the tape of Liverpool's 4-0 win over them where fast counter-attacking football was the order of the day. Do the same as that and we should win. Lukaku out for them due to being a loanee from us so they look blunt in attack.

My preferred XI: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic, Oscar; Willian, Torres, Hazard

I say Torres because he'll be up for this, he has a great record against Everton including the winning goal in this fixture last season and hates them from his Liverpool days so will be desperate to do well. Besides, Eto'o needs a rest judging by his recent performances.

I predict a tight and nervy game but with us coming out as 2-0 winners.

CHELSEA! CHELSEA! CHELSEA!

Eto'o fan boys have gone quiet?

Sorry , tell me how they have worked any better than nandos recently? Nando has a better record this season?

:)

sit down.

Just please stop comparing Torres and Eto'o anymore. You and everyone else. Think this crap has gone on long enough for the past few days.

Just get on with discussion about the game itself!

Cech

Ivan Cahill Terry Azpi

Matic Lampard

Schurrle Oscar Hazard

Eto'o

would be my pic with Ramires and Willian in for Galatasaray

Exactly the lineup I'll pick. Lampard does well against everton. Then we save willian and ramires legs for champs league.

We've had a weeks rest, I am very confident of winning this by 2 goals.

I only get scared when we have 3 consecutive games withing 9-10days.

Chelsea have lost none of their last 18 Barclays Premier League home games against Everton (W9 D9).

Chelsea have had win/win results in their last five home wins

Steven Naismith has scored in two of his three Barclays Premier League appearances against Chelsea.

The Londoners have won just three of the last 11 Premier League games against the Toffees (W3 D4 L4).

Chelsea have had Over 2.5 goals in their last five home matches against top-six teams

There have been four goals in the opening 15 minutes of the last four meetings between Chelsea and Everton.

All six of Samuel Eto’o’s Premier League goals for Chelsea have been scored at Stamford Bridge.

Everton have had both teams scoring in their last four away matches against Chelsea

Everton have scored 10 goals through defenders this season in the Premier League, more than any other side. Their opponents Chelsea have seen six goals from defenders (third most).

Six of Everton’s last 11 Premier League goals have been scored from outside the box; three of which have been netted by Kevin Mirallas.

Chelsea have had 2-1 scorelines in their last four home wins against top-six teams

Jose Mourinho’s side are on the longest unbeaten run in the Premier League currently (11 games – W8 D3).

Mourinho’s unbeaten home record as a Premier League manager now stands at 73 games (W57 D16).

Roberto Martinez has lost all four of his previous Premier League trips to Stamford Bridge as a manager.

You sound optimistic! :P

Don't necessarily disagree but one of them is clearly a better attacking force at RB. That was the point. ;)

True, but honestly, who gives a shit about 2 more goals or 0,5 more key passes per game for a rightback? i'd rather have a rightback who can actually cross, Coleman, despite being one of the best RBs in the league is not too sufficient either, even though a lot better than ivas.

True, but honestly, who gives a shit about 2 more goals or 0,5 more key passes per game for a rightback? i'd rather have a rightback who can actually cross, Coleman, despite being one of the best RBs in the league is not too sufficient either, even though a lot better than ivas.

The comparison in numbers maybe small but it reinforces what we have seen from Coleman and Ivanovic from the attacking aspects. The former just does so much from RB and the fact the Coleman's numbers are higher, however small, just goes to show the impact he has in the final third. And the heatmap, if anything, strengthens the point further.