Chelsea 1-0 Everton

Jase

Man of the Match  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Iva against WBA was a Luiz flick. But good one about Cahill. Who assisted that chance?

The point remains, it's already round 26 (in addition to the Cups) and we have to go search our memory to find a worth mentioning corner... We should be doing better.

I don't think we're doing bad in free-kicks, but corners we've been wasting our good headers with half-arsed corners easily deflected by opposition. We need someone to step up, doesn't matter who.

As for Mata, he wasn't that great this season - but poor thing is having an off season all-around, he was awesome in the last two.

Think that might have been Willian. Oscar wasn't on the pitch then yet and Lampard didn't play.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martinez moaning that we used 'dirty tricks' to win the game. Bit rich coming from the team that faked an injury while we were on the attack, time wasted at the majority of their goal kicks and moved the ball forwards about 4 yards every time they got a free kick

I agree 100%. I agree that previous form does not give a free pass to a player, but Im just saying sometimes (always) it just does not apply to Hazard, sometimes the whole team is playing like crap, but people just choose words like "invisible", "wasnt good" other than "shit" and "poor", words used by some fans to describe every single player (but Hazard) in a bad day,

You do know that Willan is a Corinthian product? Be careful my friend, you might start liking your true enemy :Goober:

Martinez moaning that we used 'dirty tricks' to win the game. Bit rich coming from the team that faked an injury while we were on the attack, time wasted at the majority of their goal kicks and moved the ball forwards about 4 yards every time they got a free kick

Yeah, I saw a few quotes from his post match presser. I've always thought rather highly of Bobby, but he went down in my estimation after some of the deluded whinging after the match.

It was pretty poor game. I'm gutted last night I said i'm going to put JT for first scorer then when I wrote it here I decided not to and put hazard so typical. Lol

But the goal and the three points is all that matters.

JT and Cahill both had strong games.

As Jose said in his post match interview on Chelsea TV, our strikers don't score many goals. That was being super polite about it they are all bloody rubbish. Eto'o was anonymous again today could easily have not been on. :(

Say what you want about him that's how I feel. You disagree fine.

But hopefully by next season we will have a good striker.

I agree man. Don't you feel that the attackers are trying to take on defenders all of the time instead of passing around or connecting with each other?

i really worry, if mourinho didnt work hard to improve our combination play

we are often so poor in that aspect :rolleyes: when we didnt have chance to make fast counter attack, we struggled and crazy reliant to hazard to make something out from nothing :doh:

As JT said it wasn't our best performance, but we'll certainly take the three points. We should know by now that sometimes/most of the time football is not about performance, it's about results. Thank you, JT and Lamps! Next game, please :)

The performance yesterday (and in the last 2 games for that matter) wasn't great and we all do want to see good-great performances from the team but think we would be soon in that period of the season, if not already, where getting the results is more important than the performances. That's certainly not to say we can continue to play poorly though but getting the result like yesterday in the manner that it happened is important to achieve what we want this season.

I still don't know who scored the goal lol. All i do know, is i had a bet on Lampy scoring first which was paid out. Even though various websites still say different things though. But, even before the end i think JT was the MOTM with his defensive work, especially making some crucial tackles towards the end.

Iva against WBA was a Luiz flick. But good one about Cahill. Who assisted that chance?

The point remains, it's already round 26 (in addition to the Cups) and we have to go search our memory to find a worth mentioning corner... We should be doing better.

I don't think we're doing bad in free-kicks, but corners we've been wasting our good headers with half-arsed corners easily deflected by opposition. We need someone to step up, doesn't matter who.

As for Mata, he wasn't that great this season - but poor thing is having an off season all-around, he was awesome in the last two.

Honestly the Cahill one was more terrible marking by CIty than a great delivery. It was an average delivery from Willian IIRC. I think he's our best crosser from set-pieces atm.

I think what we do in training also has an impact. Last season we scored more goals from set-pieces than any other team in the league and quite a lot from corners. We must not be practicing corners enough in training.

There was no difference to our performance to that of Man City.

Yet the rags claim we got lucky and City cruised……yeah ok.

1-0 gets you same points as 4-0. A title is about grinding out at times, it can't always be bells and whistles.