Man City v Chelsea

Jase

There is nothing wrong with him playing there though. Against a team as good as City we have a better chance of winning playing a player with the experience and form and ability of Ramires than that of Shurrle and/or Salah... in my opinion anyway.

It says ... we are going to defend deep with the wingers supporting the fullbacks. We have the attacking force to control the game and not just counter attack. I know this tactic worked very well against City a few weeks ago but what does this mean.... we are going to play a ball winning midfielder on the wing everytime we play a big side? Schurrle is more than capable of executing the worth ethic Jose expects which he showed against Byern in the Super Cup.

His lineup seem to suggest that. Only 1 ST this time. Have a proper DM and workhorse in Milner outwide to do a job on Hazard.

For sure. That's exactly how I think City should line-up against us. Milner and Garcia will give them more control while Jovetic will provide good support to Silva. I don't think Silva will be as easy to mark out this time. Definitely see this being a more tactical, cautious game which might mean that we'll have fewer opportunities to counter, but we'll see.

The reasoning is quite simple actually. When playing against teams strong offensively away from the Bridge Jose will favor pacey players and right now he believes Ramires us the best option probably because he offers a lot defensively too. I respectfully disagree about it. I agree about the strategy and dropping Oscar, but Ramires in the RW is a living nightmare. The implication if some here that Jose drops Oscar in big games is ridiculous. He plays all important games home and most away. It's the high fast counter-attack pace based that doesn't fit Oscar. There are about 4 teams in the whole Europe that fits the description. All the other possibilities fit Oscar and I'm positive he'll start most of those

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4G using Tapatalk