• Ramires
    • Willian
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Eto'o
    • Torres (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)
    • Salah (sub)

Like Choulo said above, Ivanovic charged towards Berahino and then just stopped to watch the latter put in a cross with all the time and space given. Already feeling like a broken record at this point but again, nobody ask Ivanovic to go commit and sell himself easily to be owned by Berahino but for goodness sake, having got there, he should be a tad closer, put more pressure on the ball and not let it come in so easily!

Seriously if you're gonna come back with similar counter points, then best to just leave it here than going in circles.

Ivanovic should be maybe 1 yard closer but he's also got to watch the overlapping run of the full-back. Considering he's just made his way across from the other side of the pitch and is probably a little fatigued it's a minor point. The fact is that West Brom put in 20 crosses and managed one shot on target all match. If Anichebe's marker is doing his job properly then it's not an issue.

In instances like this every player will be a few inches off where they should be, but the big errors are the ones where people lose their marking assignments completely.

Basically - No JT.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason to panic yes but unfortunately, we are not that good in killing games/teams off early.

There wouldn't be a reason to panic even if we lost. Consider this: a good in-form striker automatically adds ~10 points to the table before the season has started. Our main contender now and for the future, Man City, are already heavily capitalizing on that advantage and they use 2 strikers who they regularly heavily rely on. Our system is competitive even with mediocre strikers, because the responsibility is divided throughout the team. Taking into consideration how well we are doing now despite our main problem (finishing chances), we should be feeling the total opposite of panic. Once our faults are patched and fixed, we will be the ones to beat. When we sort out our strike force and full-back positions, we'll be much more clinical. City are at their peak, while we are nowhere near that and even now are keeping up with them, though it might not last till the end of the season, the potential is there for everyone to see.

How about if we all wake up sometimes ?

Have a look at Chelsea´s standings of the last two seasons. Shall we expect this team still in transition to win every game in this season ? I did not expect it.

Mistakes are made & Chelsea is not exempt from them. This team is playing much better than most of us ever expected.

Will Chelsea win the PL title ? I sincerely wish they could. However, if they don´t. That´s fine with me. One thing I am certain of. This team has a bright future. It´s just around the corner. Certainly, a player or two are still needed to buy in the summer. I am very confident Jose will bring what´s needed. Meanwhile, I will enjoy every game from now on, Win or lose, I am here to watch Chelsea.

Poor result and poor performance. Not an ideal mix, at this stage of the season.

I know every team is due a bad day at the office but with us having the chance to stretch a lead at the top and put pressure on those below us playing tonight there should have been an added incentive to win, and win well.

Instead, from about the hour mark onwards we played as if we had the game sewn up. That gave West Brom the motivation they needed to deservedly get a point. Nothing hurts more than conceding a late goal like that, but we only have ourselves to blame for inviting so much pressure on. Hawthorns a bit of a bogey ground for us thesedays.

Matic our man of the match for me, covered loads of ground and did everything well. Willian the only other Chelsea player to turn up for the full 90 minutes. Even Cahill wasn't at his brilliant best. Oscar was poor and is visibly tiring while it is quite clear that if Hazard doesn't play well we won't win many football matches.

Well played to WBA, they dug in for their new manager and I hope they stay up.

Title still very much up for grabs, albeit if Liverpool win tonight then it becomes a four-horse race.

CHELSEA, CHELSEA, CHELSEA

i think Jose got it wrong last night with his subs, as soon as he bought Mikel on we were out the game imo, Hazard didnt turn up last night. the more the weeks go on the more Rambo is starting to look like a poor player, i dunno weather it because he is not playing beside MAtic and thats making him look worse but im starting to see what other people are saying now.

we need to move on this. BIg game on Saturday, im sure they will be out for revenge so we need to be ready for it

CAREFREE

Didn't see the match but saw that 9 of 14 shots have been from Willian and Ivanovic.

Was it a case of the opposition shutting down left and central area and letting a bit more space on the right?

Maybe it's time for Salah to have more minutes on the right if the opposition will use this tactic.

And use Cole and Azpi as fullbacks, especially if the right winger of the opposition is not a pace whore.

You sir, are a genius. It seemed like the right was more free especially in the first half.

Its why mourinho needs a left sided player on the right. That means he can cut inside and shoot more dangerously than a right footer with ivanovic providing width as a distraction to the defence.

Okay, we have all had a day to move past the draw yesterday. I still believe we have an advantage in regards to the fixtures. With Arsenal remaining at home (and a little help from Man U today - man does that make me sick to say) and Man City having return road matches at Everton, Arsenal, Man U and Liverpool left to play, we have as good of a chance as any one.

The leaders are on a 2.23 points per match pace. That would result in 85 at the end of the season. Maximum points for Arsenal is 94 prior to today's match, Chelsea and Man City is 93 and Liverpool is 89.

I think the winner holding the trophy in May will have 85 points or greater, but less than 90. All of the clubs in the top 3 have dropped points against lesser clubs recently.

Keep in mind that on the 10th of December after round 15, Arsenal led with 35 points, Liverpool second with 30 (second based on GD), Chelsea third with 30 and Man City fourth with 29. Since then, Chelsea is 8-3-0, 27 out of 33 possible points, and a GD of 14 (18:4). Arsenal is 6-2-2, 20 out of 30 possible points with today's game pending, and a GD of 3 (18:15). Man City is 8-1-1, 25 out of 30 points, and a GD of 15 (27:12) again with today's match pending. Liverpool is 6-2-2, 20 out of 30 possible points, and a GD of 13 (29:16) with today pending.

During this stretch, only Man City would have more points and more GD than us, if they win today as expected. BUT, no one is close to our defensive stats of only 4 goals over the past 11 games! No other club has no defeats in during this stretch.

Stay at that same pace over the next 11 plus a win at Cardiff the final day and I believe we win the trophy!

KTBFFH and come on you Chelsea! :blue scalf:

Ok 1-1 with West Brom and we played shit. Then its a good result !!!!!!! We have no God-given right to think we can roll over every team in the league just cause we're top. Teams love knocking the top team off the summit. We just have to work that little bit harder and kill off games a little earlier. I never expected to be top of the league at this stage of the season so its a bonus, so lets just enjoy the rest of the season, we are doing great.

But please..........Leave Mikel at home, he's a liability (in my humble opinion) :dance:

Dont care what anyone says, the booing off Ramires from WBA fans was pathetic.

If we booed every player who was at the forefront off a controversial decision that went against Chelsea in the past we would be at it almost every game. Why can't they get their heads round the fact what comes around goes around? ffs last season they won at QPR because Fortune assaulted Rob Green.

I never use to mind WBA, now i want the fukers relegated.

Ramires was booed because he is a cheat - it is as simple as that - we aren't the only club that Ramires has tried cheating against.

Fortune didn't assault Rob Green either. He stood still and Rob Green tried flapping around him and after cocking up then demanded a free kick.

Ramires was booed because he is a cheat - it is as simple as that - we aren't the only club that Ramires has tried cheating against.

Fortune didn't assault Rob Green either. He stood still and Rob Green tried flapping around him and after cocking up then demanded a free kick.

One issue: The one against you was never a dive. It was never a pen but never a dive either. He fell because he was running at full speed and collided with someone after losing the ball. You should boo the ref who gave the pen. He did dive a few games later and got a yellow card for it. So if you were booing him for that then you should be booing half the players in the league.