Jason Cundy

James

38dc5c36695cab2801d8a66f129438ed.jpgDuring his career, Cundy played for Chelsea (1988–92, 41 league appearances), Tottenham Hotspur (loan in 1992, 1992 – November 96, with 28 games), Crystal Palace (one month-loan, 1995), Bristol City (another 30-day loan, 1996), Ipswich Town (after a loan, November 1996–99) and Portsmouth. He was also capped 3 times by England at Under 21 level.

Cundy is remembered for the "freak" goal that he scored against Ipswich Town in a Premiership match for Tottenham, in 1992–93. In an attempt to kick the ball 40 yards from goal, he slipped and managed a wind-assisted effort that ended up flying over 'keeper Craig Forrest and into the back of the net. The goal was captured live on Sky Sports and put Spurs 1–0 up, in a match that finished 1–1.

After Chelsea

Cundy was forced to retire in 2000 due to a knee injury, and subsequently became a presenter on talkSPORT, regularly appearing with Ian Danter and Alvin Martin on Football First, between 12:00pm–5:00pm. He also occasionally co-hosted Evening Kick-Off, subbing in for any regular member, while appearing regularly as a presenter/pundit on Chelsea TV. He currently co-hosts Andy Goldstein's Sports Bar with Andy Goldstein four of the five weekdays the show airs, with the exception being Fridays when it is co-hosted with Goldstein by Bobby Gould aka the Gouldfather. Cundy is popular for nightly feature 'Wheel Of Cundy' in which he tells a story about a sometimes named and sometimes anonymous footballer he has played with throughout his career.

He also made a TV appearance on the British food programme Ready Steady Cook alongside fellow footballer Graeme Le Saux. The programme was aired on 9 February 2009. In 2010 dancing to Men in Black he appeared on the BBC Let's Dance for Sport Relief with ex-England goalkeeper Peter Shilton. Since March 2011 he has been appearing weekly as a pro pundit on the Facebook football show Scoreboard alongside Scott Minto.

Click here to view the record

When we played Inter Milan at the San Siro a few years ago, a load of Chelsea fans were in Milan having a few drinks and singing. Who turns up out of the blue and starts singing? Mr Jason Cundy.

One of my friends has a video of him singing we hate Tottenham. Its fantastic, I'll try and find it :D

One of my friends has a video of him singing we hate Tottenham. Its fantastic, I'll try and find it

It's funny because he played for Tottenham. He's seen the place inside out and still hates them, good lad. I bet he gets on with Willian just fine. Oh, and this...