Unpopular Football Opinions

Shane

xjq6P0XK.gif

Don't know what to make of this. They call it te famous team goal but it seems to me more like Giroud-Wilshere goal.

The goal itself is pretty over-rated considering Wilshere got atleast 1 lucky touch but the intend was there.

I hadn't seen that goal before but now I looked it up, it's quite awesome. If Chelsea had scored that we'd all be dead right now out of dehydration from excessive jizzing.

It's pretty much on par with this (of course Lampsy's flick was much more awesome).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unpopular? ok, here we go.

Although Lampard has been a great and i mean great Midfielder he's never been better than Scholes or Gerrard (in his prime). I rank them like this, Scholes>Gerrard>Lampard.

Neymar is a tad overrated, not on par with the like of Hazard or Götze.

Maybe not unpopular, but i hate all these football hipsters, once a team plays well in the CL or Europa league (Napoli, Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao) suddenly they start to 'support' them and know everything about them...

IMO Maradona > Pele.

Oscar has great vision, anytime i watch him for Brazil some of his passes are amazing, not sure why he struggles to find that killer pass in the PL though.

Although Lampard has been a great and i mean great Midfielder he's never been better than Scholes or Gerrard (in his prime). I rank them like this, Scholes>Gerrard>Lampard.

Is that really unpopular out of Stamford Bridge. I'd probably rank them that way as well, although I'd have Gerrard and Frank pretty much on the same level.

Pele is overrated. Like Sugar Ray Robinson, Babe Ruth, Wilt Chamberlin. Dominated in a time where there wasn't as much comp. and if he played now would be incredibly average.

I agree with that except in respect with Sugar Ray Robinson. You can't say he didn't fight any good competition.

Obviously I am biased as I am a Chelsea fan, but I never saw the appeal of Scholes. I think most people would agree that, at the very least, Gerrard and Lampard are on the same level. At their absolute best I'd have said Lampard just about edged it (he was the best central midfielder in the world 2005-2008 without question, in my eyes). But Scholes never did it for me, ever. Overrated to the extreme. A good player, but nothing special in my eyes. I'll always be of the opinion Beckham achieved more.

I hadn't seen that goal before but now I looked it up, it's quite awesome. If Chelsea had scored that we'd all be dead right now out of dehydration from excessive jizzing.

It's pretty much on par with this (of course Lampsy's flick was much more awesome).

That is a better goal. I'll make sure to rub this one in their faces the next time any Gooner shows me their team-goal crap.

Maybe not unpopular, but i hate all these football hipsters, once a team plays well in the CL or Europa league (Napoli, Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Athletic Bilbao) suddenly they start to 'support' them and know everything about them...

IMO Maradona > Pele.

Oscar has great vision, anytime i watch him for Brazil some of his passes are amazing, not sure why he struggles to find that killer pass in the PL though.

Ooo....too much information in one page. :rolleyes:

Agree on everything except the Lampard part. Talent wise, he might be in par with Gerrard but his goalscoring finesse makes him the better of the lot.

He and Beckham will surely make my all time dream team.

Obviously I am biased as I am a Chelsea fan, but I never saw the appeal of Scholes. I think most people would agree that, at the very least, Gerrard and Lampard are on the same level. At their absolute best I'd have said Lampard just about edged it (he was the best central midfielder in the world 2005-2008 without question, in my eyes). But Scholes never did it for me, ever. Overrated to the extreme. A good player, but nothing special in my eyes. I'll always be of the opinion Beckham achieved more.

Fair enough.

But for me Scholes was one of the best midfielders ever for United, of the same ilk as Pirlo or Xavi. So many top players say he's the best they've ever seen in midfield (a bit over the top, i agree) like Zidane, Xavi, Pep etc. He could control games, and his range of passing is unbelievable. Pep did say if their was one player he could have from the PL it would be Scholes. He often doesn't get the credit he deserves because he's never in the public eye. He's so quiet, for me if he had the personality of Beckham he would be rated higher.

IMO Maradona > Pele.

I would do Gerrard>Scholes>lampard.

Concerning young talent, I think SES is a bit overrated.

However, the best young talent for me is Thiago/Oscar/Gotze.