Chelsea v Newcastle

Jase

One thing is for sure - we will field the best formation against City, so it's this game, or the one against WBA where Jose will rest some important players. I feel it's this one (home game, some important missings for Newcastle etc)

---------------Demba Ba---------------

Andre----------Oscar---------Hazard

-----------Mikel-------Lamps----------

Ash-------Luiz--------Cahill------Azpi

-----------------Cech-------------------

I think Salah will come from the bench in the 2nd half and maybe Kalas will have 15-20 minutes too if we will be two or three goals up.

Wish we could clone Azpi too.

Cabaye sold, Remy suspended. #CFC#NUFC RT“@SkySportsNews: Newcastle midfielder Cheick Tiote out for three games with hamstring injury #SSN

:D

so basically their best players are missing. would be a shame if we would not win now...

Coloccini and Gouffran are also doubtful to be fit.

With so many players either out injured or having been sold by Newcastle, it will probably lead them more to the idea of parking the bus against us..

With so many players either out injured or having been sold by Newcastle, it will probably lead them more to the idea of parking the bus against us..

I don't see why they would. They're not desperate for a point and the only thing that their fanbase might respond to would be a decent win. I expect Pardew to actually try and play against us.

I don't see why they would. They're not desperate for a point and the only thing that their fanbase might respond to would be a decent win. I expect Pardew to actually try and play against us.

I don't see why only teams that are desperate for a point will only park the bus. Newcastle are basically coming into this game without their best or better quality players and it would be foolish to come here and attack with an understrength side, if you like, and risk a heaving beating against a big side in fine form. If they actually do that, then good. Will make it easier for us since we always have issues in breaking down sides that park the bus. However, I wouldn't rule them out in taking such approach (the smaller teams always seem to come here and be defensive anyway, regardless of circumstances). Newcastle are on a poor run of form having lost 4 of their last 6 league games and the last thing they need or want is to get thrashed again especially when their bitter rival already did it to them last weekend.

I don't see why only teams that are desperate for a point will only park the bus. Newcastle are basically coming into this game without their best or better quality players and it would be foolish to come here and attack with an understrength side, if you like, and risk a heaving beating against a big side in fine form. If they actually do that, then good. Will make it easier for us since we always have issues in breaking down sides that park the bus. However, I wouldn't rule them out in taking such approach (the smaller teams always seem to come here and be defensive anyway, regardless of circumstances). Newcastle are on a poor run of form having lost 4 of their last 6 league games and the last thing they need or want is to get thrashed especially when their bitter rivals already did it to them last weekend.

Newcastle are coming into this game with no reason to park the bus. West Ham did it because they were desperate for one point from the game. Newcastle don't need one point from this game. They're expected to lose, it doesn't impact them if they lose and the Newcastle camp simply doesn't seem to have that type of performance in them.

It's not as simple as teams below us automatically 'parking the bus' (quickly overtaking Pivot as the most overused term on this site). Their season is all but over. Their fans aren't clamouring for a result from this game.

Newcastle are coming into this game with no reason to park the bus. West Ham did it because they were desperate for one point from the game. Newcastle don't need one point from this game. They're expected to lose, it doesn't impact them if they lose and the Newcastle camp simply doesn't seem to have that type of performance in them.

It's not as simple as teams below us automatically 'parking the bus' (quickly overtaking Pivot as the most overused term on this site). Their season is all but over. Their fans aren't clamouring for a result from this game.

I get your point and no offence but if you want to be THAT dismissive of Newcastle's mindset and approach to this game, then that is your view. They might not need the points but they may well want to make amends and restore confidence in the team and fans after the drubbing to Sunderland. At times, there are things more important than just gaining the points.

I think people don't understand what "park the bus" is!!!! Its not just having 10 men standing in your own half or close to your own D.

If any kind of football requires immense discipline, organizination, focus and conxentration then its "park the bus". One poor decision and the ganes gone. Plus it also requires each and every player in your team to be highly motivated, to put their bodies on the line and play thwir hearts out. That's what whu did to us. And this is something I don't see this newcastle team doing to us with all that is going on in their club

I get your point and no offence but if you want to be THAT dismissive of Newcastle's mindset and approach to this game, then that is your view. They might not need the points but they may well want to make amends and restore confidence in the team and fans after the drubbing to Sunderland. At times, there are things more important than just gaining the points.

Parking the bus in a game away to us won't make amends or restore confidence in the club. You have to understand that their fans are dismayed with the club because they sold their best player when they had a decent shot at European football next season. It's the lack of ambition that's the root of these problems and showing no ambition against us won't help that.

Parking the bus in a game away to us won't make amends or restore confidence in the club. You have to understand that their fans are dismayed with the club because they sold their best player when they had a decent shot at European football next season. It's the lack of ambition that's the root of these problems and showing no ambition against us won't help that.

True but on the other hand, I don't think anyone would really fault them if Newcastle park the bus (should note that I actually have been the term rather loosely rather than literally) or being defensive minded in this game. If they can get a positive result, it would at least restore some confidence. That being said, I'm not saying here they WILL park the bus/being defensive but won't be surprised if they take up that approach and regardless of that, am sure they will at least show some fight after last weekend's result. If not, then good for us. Anyway at the end of the day, I'm sure we can agree on the fact that we should be beating these lots come Saturday, regardless of their approach, especially when their better players are all missing or sold.

They are ALL important from here on out. Cannot afford to drop any more points, especially at home. Need the 3!

I expect something like this Saturday:

Cech

Iva - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Matic - Lampard

Schurrle - Oscar - Hazard

Eto'o

A gr8 big team is decided by its capacity to down big teams by playing solid at the back and to break down small teams by being unplayable at the front.......

WE ARE A BIG TEAM NOW!!!

wasnt before jan but after new year our team is now a unit.....we will win..only discussion is about by how many goals!! :)

-Schurrle----Demba Ba------Hazard-

---------Lamps---------Matic-----------

--------------------Luiz-------------------

Ash-------Terry--------Cahill------Azpi

-----------------Cech------------------

shouldnt break the terry-cahill and luiz-matic combo imo