Chelsea v Newcastle

Jase

**Game is on USA rather than NBC for fellow Americans here due to the Olympics.**

I'd go with a Lamps-Matic pivot and give Schürrle and Cole starts. Salah can replace Hazard or Schürrle later in the second half. As long as we lock down the midfield I'm extremely confident we'll win. That's why it's imperative that Matic starts in this or any big Premier League match. We can't afford to play Ramires-Lamps or Mikel-Lamps and just get bypassed in midfield with a single ball which happens often whenever those partnerships play.

They are poor, but they always raise their game when they play against us. Apart from the 2-0 at the Bridge last season where we absolutely dominated them, and the 3-0 at SJP in December 2011 where that scoreline really did flatter us, we've struggled against them in the last half-dozen or so games. This will be a scrappy, awful game, and I think we'll be lucky to see more than a couple of goals, I really do.

Our last 10 league games against Newcastle sort of illustrate Alex's point and not to mention, only 1 home win in last 4 against them...

L - Newcastle 2-0 Chelsea

L - Newcastle 3-2 Chelsea

W - Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle

L - Chelsea 0-2 Newcastle

W - Newcastle 0-3 Chelsea

D - Chelsea 2-2 Newcastle

D - Newcastle 1-1 Chelsea

W - Newcastle 0-2 Chelsea

D - Chelsea 0-0 Newcastle

P.S. Disagree with the point about that 3-0 win flattered us though..

Matic has to play, I don't think he will have as much work to do against Newcastle. Matic Lampard and we have scoring option from deeper positions, wich we were lacking against West Ham.

Exactly. We need lampard and matic for genuine goal threat from midfield. If they park the bus, they can score from outside the box. This is what mikel and ramires can't do.

This game will be very tough. If Newcastle plays the same way as the Hammers we will have problems.

But they won't. West Ham were fighting for their survival in a London derby. Newcastle are safe from the drop, aren't going to get into the CL, are out of the cups and just sold their best player. Their season is over. They won't park the bus because there's no reason to. If they don't win, big deal. Pardew will probably try and play their normal game against us.

If we get an early goal, then I can see this being a rout.

Yeah, But I don't think they'll take the mentality that West Ham did, and If they do I'm sure we'll break the deadlock this time, But their midfield really suffered with the lose of Cabaye. If Matic plays, think we'll bully them in that regard, Also after the City game I'd love to see some swagger from us. Putting them to the sword. Remy is still out aswell I think.

Yeah. Remy is out. Big clods like Ameobi play into Cahill-Terry's hands, so their attack isn't a big threat

Our last 10 league games against Newcastle sort of illustrate Alex's point and not to mention, only 1 home win in last 4 against them...

L - Newcastle 2-0 Chelsea

L - Newcastle 3-2 Chelsea

W - Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle

L - Chelsea 0-2 Newcastle

W - Newcastle 0-3 Chelsea

D - Chelsea 2-2 Newcastle

D - Newcastle 1-1 Chelsea

D - Chelsea 0-0 Newcastle

P.S. Disagree with the point about that 3-0 win flattered us though..

4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses isn't the most impressive record, either - 15 points out of 30!

Is it not west brom away on tuesday and city next weekend?

My bad. In that case, forget everything I said.

Indeed. But since it was @CHOULO19, you gotta forgive him. He's feeling butthurt because I'm now @The Skipper's bitch and not his...

You're such a...a...bitch! :(