Chelsea v Newcastle

Jase

Big game. Win this and chances are we go level on points with Arsenal, who are at Liverpool.

Playing Newcastle at a perfect time; Remy suspended, Tiote injured and Cabaye having just departed without any replacements being brought in.

I'd like a couple of players to be rested but fundamentally a strong side out, we simply can't afford any more slip-ups at home.

My XI: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Matic, Lampard; Oscar, Ba, Hazard

But a very slim chance that is the team! :D

Prediction: CHELSEA 2-0 NEWCASTLE - Ba to score a goal if he plays versus his former club.

COME ON YOU BLUES

John Terry picked up a knock in training apparently. He's ruled out for the game.

That sucks. Shouldn't be that big of a miss against Newcastle though.

Hope it's just a niggle and nothing that'll keep him out for any more than just today.

This is going to go one of two ways, either Newcastle are going to completely fall to bits without any of the players that make them tick (Cabaye at PSG, Remy suspended and Tiote out with a hamstring injury for the next couple of weeks) like they did against Sunderland in what was a flat and unimaginative performance all round

Alternatively they could step up their game for the same reasons and really try to hurt us like they have in the past, especially last season for instance where they did the double over us, but I'm confident Jose knows all of this, like to see a strong performance at home and maybe put a couple past them this afternoon