Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

Melanicus

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you sign to lead the line at Chelsea?

• Diego Costa
    • Mario Balotelli
    • Radamel Falcao
    • Edinson Cavani
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    • Edin Dzeko
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Mario Mandzukic
    • Gonzalo Higuain
    • Jackson Martinez
    • Christian Benteke
    • Luis Suarez

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not on the list, but a striker I would really, really love to sign is Benzema. I think he fits the system Mou is trying to create here to a tee - he's technically great, great link up play, and also has a brilliant eye for a pass, plus he's used to the Mourinho counter attacking system.

He's been great this season for Madrid, currently he's on 17 goals and 8 assists for Real in 33 appearances. He's probably not available, but IMO he fits us the best as he is a proper team playing centre forward. I think he would link up brilliantly with Willian, Oscar and Hazard.

Here's a highlight video that highlights his link up play, technique, assists etc. (incase you've forgotten or aren't really that familiar):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV7VFrFzg7g

He's not on the list, but a striker I would really, really love to sign is Benzema. I think he fits the system Mou is trying to create here to a tee - he's technically great, great link up play, and also has a brilliant eye for a pass, plus he's used to the Mourinho counter attacking system.

He's been great this season for Madrid, currently he's on 17 goals and 8 assists for Real in 33 appearances. He's probably not available, but IMO he fits us the best as he is a proper team playing centre forward. I think he would link up brilliantly with Willian, Oscar and Hazard.

Here's a highlight video that highlights his link up play, technique, assists etc. (incase you've forgotten or aren't really that familiar):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV7VFrFzg7g

He and Higuain jumped to my mind. I like Bentenke too. Cavani will be 60M+ that's too much for one player imo.

Costa has scored a lot of goals this season but I don't think he is good enough to solve our problems in attack tbh. He is a pretty good all around striker but personally I like strikers that are elite in specific areas like heading, running fast and so on. Drogba had elite strength, heading and shooting and was still pretty good in other areas. This is just my opinion but I don't think that Costa has important areas in his game where he is elite.

He could also be more or less a ''one-season-wonder'' like Papiss Cissé at Newcastle.

Suarez, Cavani, Benzema ...

I personally don't think Costa fits our system as well as some people claim. His technique is not good enough IMO.

Benzema would fit in perfectly, Cavani aswell.. Also Suarez but u guys dont want him anyways <_<

* Realisticly I think Costa is the only one available.

Cavani, no question. He has it all - strength, finishing, poaching, aerial threat, long distance shot, teamwork, stamina. I've been crying out for us to get him ever since we came up against him in 2012. He was our ready-made replacement for Drogba.

I suppose Costa afterwards, but I still have my doubts about him. Benzema is also a good shout, but would he suit? Wouldn't be the best at pressing would he?

Mandzukic wouldn't be bad either when it comes down to it. A real team player who isn't afraid to get stuck in and not bad at all in front of goal. A great cheapish back-up option that I think we'd get if we fail with any of our main targets.

Only one that went for Falcao, go me!

I just feel like if we've got a predatory finisher lurking on the shoulder of the last man every time we counter attack Oscar, Hazard or Willian have got the quality to consistently put the ball on his toe/head and he's not likely to miss

ACL injury is bad news but i'm trying not to be a debbie downer, at a decent price and in the right state of fitness i'd take Falcao all day long personally

But asked to make a decision right now i'd go for Cavani..

Actually i might have voted wrong

can we have a recount