Luis Aragones Passes Away

CHOULO19

Took an underachieving Spainish NT and made them the most dominant NT probably in history. RIP

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/5456/international-football/2014/02/01/4586799/spain-european-championship-winning-coach-luis-aragones-dies

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Aragone we wouldn't have seen Spain win as much in that particular style they play and potentially Barcelona under Guardiola excel so much with a similar philosophy. Like Cruyff someone who has truly had a greater influence than what many believe in football. RIP.

RIP

ohh some ppl are opening the racist files i see.

He called Henry's mother a prostitute too. Even beyond race what kind of fucked up shit is that? To say to a guy who was at the same club and would have to look that man in the eye?

Took an underachieving Spainish NT and made them the most dominant NT probably in history. RIP

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/5456/international-football/2014/02/01/4586799/spain-european-championship-winning-coach-luis-aragones-dies

1 WC and 2 Euros doesnt make Spain the most NT in history. Not even close! :doh:

Anyway...

RIP

He called Henry's mother a prostitute too. Even beyond race what kind of fucked up shit is that? To say to a guy who was at the same club and would have to look that man in the eye?

you're absolutely right.

however i would prefer to look at the positives in his life..such as what ppl mentioned above regarding his influence on the national team.

1 WC and 2 Euros doesnt make Spain the most NT in history. Not even close! :doh:

Anyway...

RIP

maybe not as much as brazil but between 2006(since d WC) and till today....spain is considerd the most powerful NT around.... only teams to go head to head with them are germany and brazil .... and even now spain is considered at par if not favourites in any match with them....thats says a lot!!

Spain was like portugal & england..gr8 on the paper but screws up in real time!!

Aragones changed all that and brought the best out of them.....

As a manager a legend...as an individual not so much..

RIP

Anyway...

RIP

How many NTs have won two consecutive Euros and the WC between them? Maybe not the most dominant in history, but surely one of the most.

How many NTs have won two consecutive Euros and the WC between them? Maybe not the most dominant in history, but surely one of the most.

How can you say Spain was one of the most dominant NT when they lost the Confederations Cup twice and never beat a top South American country?

I can name at least 4 different NT generations that were better than Spain. The difference is they got lucky their team ruled in an era where no other country was good enough...

Spain was a brilliant team, but sorry, it is not even close when you compare it with Brazil in the 60s-70s, Germany and Argentina in the 80s, Italy in the late 80s and early 90s and Brazil in the late 90s and early 00s!

How can you say Spain was one of the most dominant NT when they lost the Confederations Cup twice and never beat a top South American country?

I can name at least 4 different NT generations that were better than Spain. The difference is they got lucky their team ruled in an era where no other country was good enough...

Spain was a brilliant team, but sorry, it is not even close when you compare it with Brazil in the 60s-70s, Germany and Argentina in the 80s, Italy in the late 80s and early 90s and Brazil in the late 90s and early 00s!

I never said that they were one of the best teams in history, I said that they are one of the most dominant NTs in history because they've won every thing in the past 6 years and they could extend that further this summer. How many NTs have won three consecutive major trophies in history? Very few, which would make Spain in the past 6 years one of the most dominant NTs in history.

I never said that they were one of the best teams in history, I said that they are one of the most dominant NTs in history because they've won every thing in the past 6 years and they could extend that further this summer. How many NTs have won three consecutive major trophies in history? Very few, which would make Spain in the past 6 years one of the most dominant NTs in history.

Actually, quite a lot...Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Italy and Germany have done it more than once!

Also, Spain didnt win 3 consecutive big trophies because they lost the Confederations Cup twice, both in big fassion. Besides, Spain was dominant for 4 years, because after the Euros they have fallen for the 3rd or 4th favourite spot (behind Brazil, Germany and maybe Argentina).

Not that it diminishes their accomplishment, but when you analyse the best and most dominant NTs of all times, Spain falls very short on the list.

My point is, there were many more teams in history that dominated for a longer period of time and with much stronger opponents!

Actually, quite a lot...

Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Italy and Germany have done it more than once!

Also, Spain didnt win 3 consecutive big trophies because they lost the Confederations Cup twice, both in big fassion. Besides, Spain was dominant for 4 years, because after the Euros they have fallen for the 3rd or 4th favourite spot (behind Brazil, Germany and maybe Argentina).

Not at it diminishes their accomplishment, but when you analyse the best and most dominant NTs of all times, Spain fall very short on the list.

My point is, there were many more teams in history that dominated for a longer period of time and with much stronger opponents!

Well I don't claim to be an expert on the history of international football, so if you say so..