test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Kurt Zouma

Started by Jason,

1,731 posts in this topic

Chelsea FC make decision about Kurt Zouma’s future – report

Chelsea FC are planning to keep Kurt Zouma this summer after his loan spell at Everton, say reports

https://www.thesportreview.com/2019/06/chelsea-fc-news-kurt-zouma/

Kurt Zouma is among the Chelsea FC players that the Blues will keep this summer if their transfer ban is upheld, according to reports in the British media.

The Daily Telegraph, as quoted by The Sun, is reporting that the west London club are preparing to hold on to the French defender following his return from his two-season loan spell at Everton.

According to the same story. the Toffees would dearly love to sign Zouma on a permanent deal this summer, but the Blues look set to hold on to the centre-half.

snip

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea FC make decision about Kurt Zouma’s future – report

Chelsea FC are planning to keep Kurt Zouma this summer after his loan spell at Everton, say reports

https://www.thesportreview.com/2019/06/chelsea-fc-news-kurt-zouma/

Kurt Zouma is among the Chelsea FC players that the Blues will keep this summer if their transfer ban is upheld, according to reports in the British media.

The Daily Telegraph, as quoted by The Sun, is reporting that the west London club are preparing to hold on to the French defender following his return from his two-season loan spell at Everton.

According to the same story. the Toffees would dearly love to sign Zouma on a permanent deal this summer, but the Blues look set to hold on to the centre-half.

snip

We need to keep him if this transfer ban sticks 

Vesper likes this

1 minute ago, the wes said:

We need to keep him if this transfer ban sticks 

the ban is pretty much a done deal, it is confirmed we did not ask for a freeze, and there is zero chance CAS wipes it, we just have to bite the bullet and deal

and yes, we so need Happy on the squad

the wes likes this

Scored for France. He's going to be important player for us next season especially if we hire pragmatic coach. 

the wes likes this

I dont mind him staying. His developmenz has been steady. He fully recovered from that horrible injury physically. He never was meant to become a super technical defender but he is by no means a bad footballer. Playing right back at Stoke has given him a lot in terms of opening play (even though in stoke that means hoofing the ball in the air) . Also I like how we have 2 physical beasts and 2 technical cbs

1905didierblue likes this

Heard his pass completion against Andorra was above 90%. 

Can anyone confirm if his distribution has improved? 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Heard his pass completion against Andorra was above 90%. 

Can anyone confirm if his distribution has improved? 

he looked oki at Everton, but deffo nowhere near a Koulibaly/Laporte/Marquinhos/José Giménez/Ibrahima Konaté etc level.

We so need to grab Konaté in summer 2020

Image result for IBRAHIMA KONATÃ

Atomiswave likes this

With Sarri gone, I can now see a place for him, definitely. He is a tank, we are lacking that whenever Rüdiger is not available, then it will be good to have an option to play someone completely different to our other choices. I can't see AC/Luiz being the automatic best pairing in every game, more often than not I believe Zouma will be called upon to solidify our defence. And of that he is very capable, I'm sure of that.

1905didierblue likes this

12 hours ago, manpe said:

With Sarri gone, I can now see a place for him, definitely. He is a tank, we are lacking that whenever Rüdiger is not available, then it will be good to have an option to play someone completely different to our other choices. I can't see AC/Luiz being the automatic best pairing in every game, more often than not I believe Zouma will be called upon to solidify our defence. And of that he is very capable, I'm sure of that.

I think he's a bit overrated personally, and it has to be noted (although not totally his fault) the business end of last season is the first time he's been a regular in a defense that's not a disastrous one.

Furthermore he can command £40m this summer potentially, it would be a bit of an economical waste to have a player who can command such a fee sitting as 4th choice which he will be with everyone else fully fit and even that's assuming Ampadu goes out on loan. 

Robchels likes this

12 hours ago, Jason said:

60 mil and we can start talking. Hate them with a passion. The way they fucked us over lukaku was just embarassing. 50mil. NO. 60mil. No. 70, no, 80, no 85, no 90. Cunts.

33 minutes ago, 1905didierblue said:

60 mil and we can start talking. Hate them with a passion. The way they fucked us over lukaku was just embarassing. 50mil. NO. 60mil. No. 70, no, 80, no 85, no 90. Cunts.

Everton were fucking us about with stones Lukaku choice utd over Chelsea  we were never going to get Lukaku

1905didierblue and Vesper like this

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Everton were fucking us about with stones Lukaku choice utd over Chelsea  we were never going to get Lukaku

Oh yes. Stones too.

But I think start of the window, lukaku's was valued at 50mil-ish. And that shit kept on rising and rising.

Vesper likes this

Happy looks in superb shape, this is from several weeks back, when he was playing for France

Andorra V France : News Photo

Zouma set to hand in transfer request to push through Everton move

https://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2019/07/zouma-set-to-hand-in-transfer-request-to-push-through-everton-move/

Reports today are suggesting that Kurt Zouma could be ready to push hard for a move to Everton this summer.

The Daily Star report claims that The Mirror have got the scoop that Evertonians have been waiting for – that the Blues could be set to sign Zouma on a permanent deal.

Zouma had a successful loan spell at Goodison Park last season and Marco Silva is keen to add him to the squad permanently.

A transfer ban affecting Chelsea – and new manager Frank Lampard arriving – this summer was initially thought to have got in the way of the transfer, but Silva could be about to get his man if these reports are true.

snip

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

Zouma set to hand in transfer request to push through Everton move

https://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2019/07/zouma-set-to-hand-in-transfer-request-to-push-through-everton-move/

Reports today are suggesting that Kurt Zouma could be ready to push hard for a move to Everton this summer.

The Daily Star report claims that The Mirror have got the scoop that Evertonians have been waiting for – that the Blues could be set to sign Zouma on a permanent deal.

Zouma had a successful loan spell at Goodison Park last season and Marco Silva is keen to add him to the squad permanently.

A transfer ban affecting Chelsea – and new manager Frank Lampard arriving – this summer was initially thought to have got in the way of the transfer, but Silva could be about to get his man if these reports are true.

snip

I won't be distraught if he leaves. His lack of ability and composure on the ball will be what stops him from becoming elite and when Rudiger is back fit (which hopefully will be fairly shortly into the season) he'll be almost certainly 4th choice. 

It is also probably the best time to sell him in all honesty as Everton will be desperate to get him back after a successful loan spell and be prepared to pay big money for him. Add to that what Maguire is seemingly going for (which is quite frankly a joke), and we should surely be looking to cream £40-50m out of Everton for essentially a 4th choice centre back for us.

I also see more potential upside in Tomori too, who is far more comfortable on the ball and comes with the benefits of being homegrown. In this season where Luiz isn't getting any younger and Rudiger may need to be eased back in, games should be available for him to still play and continue his development at the highest level.

Vesper likes this

Just now, Superblue_1986 said:

I won't be distraught if he leaves. His lack of ability and composure on the ball will be what stops him from becoming elite and when Rudiger is back fit (which hopefully will be fairly shortly into the season) he'll be almost certainly 4th choice. 

It is also probably the best time to sell him in all honesty as Everton will be desperate to get him back after a successful loan spell and be prepared to pay big money for him. Add to that what Maguire is seemingly going for (which is quite frankly a joke), and we should surely be looking to cream £40-50m out of Everton for essentially a 4th choice centre back for us.

I also see more potential upside in Tomori too, who is far more comfortable on the ball and comes with the benefits of being homegrown. In this season where Luiz isn't getting any younger and Rudiger may need to be eased back in, games should be available for him to still play and continue his development at the highest level.

Leicester are on the verge of tossing out 45 MILLION QUID for Lewis Dunk, roflmaoooo

surely we can get around £40m for Zouma

Superblue_1986 likes this

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Leicester are on the verge of tossing out 45 MILLION QUID for Lewis Dunk, roflmaoooo

surely we can get around £40m for Zouma

Yeah that's just as crazy as the Maguire numbers. Based on these deals and how hard we usually negotiate with our sales I think we should be pushing closer to £50m, even if that includes some add-ons.

It is one of the positives we can take from our transfer ban, we're in no hurry to ship players out with no incomings and can "hardball" as much as we feel like.

Vesper likes this

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah that's just as crazy as the Maguire numbers. Based on these deals and how hard we usually negotiate with our sales I think we should be pushing closer to £50m, even if that includes some add-ons.

It is one of the positives we can take from our transfer ban, we're in no hurry to ship players out with no incomings and can "hardball" as much as we feel like.

Lewis Dunk is a hack, and will be 28 in a few months, I understand 'English tax' but still, that is just silly money

Zouma will not cut it at our level imo, if we can get 40 plus then let him go. We need a big fucking war chest come next summer, so I wouldnt be against it. And look at those fees man, it totally out of control. 80-90M for Maguire? How is that in any shape or form a good value? Fuck me utd are stupid if they pay up.

Tomo likes this