Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Great header from the big man. I'm delighted for him especially after what happened in his country the other week.

Great prospect.

what was most impressive is he had two players hanging onto him and he could still leap like a salmon

He needs to improve his touch,composure and passing...and try to be a ball playing defender..

Those things will never be really improved on, technical skill is something you either have or you don't. Vidic was like a terrified kid with the ball at his feet but he had Ferdinand there.

That's why he should be partnered long term with a technically astute centre half, let's hope we can still pull Stones out of the hat.

Those things will never be really improved on, technical skill is something you either have or you don't. Vidic was like a terrified kid with the ball at his feet but he had Ferdinand there.

That's why he should be partnered long term with a technically astute centre half, let's hope we can still pull Stones out of the hat.

What an English thing to say. I'd say technical skill is either something a person works hard at or doesn't.

What an English thing to say. I'd say technical skill is either something a person works hard at or doesn't.

And you reckon most don't work at it? I can imagine Ramires has tried really hard to be better with the ball at his feet but we are still waiting for the improvement.

In fact I'd rather Zouma didn't try to hard to improve it and stick to his strengths, which is pace, power and tackiling, look at Bale, he isn't the best technical player but accepted that, focused on his athleticsm and now look at him.

And you reckon most don't work at it? I can imagine Ramires has tried really hard to be better with the ball at his feet but we are still waiting for the improvement.

In fact I'd rather Zouma didn't try to hard to improve it and stick to his strengths, which is pace, power and tackiling, look at Bale, he isn't the best technical player but accepted that, focused on his athleticsm and now look at him.

No I didn't say that at all, please refrain from putting words in my mouth. I was more referencing early development in childhood and teens years.

If you compare zouma in his first match at chelsea to present zouma..there is an improvement for sure...yeah he may not become the best technical player but surely he can work on his skills

Ian wright said he worked really hard on his touch, and it improved.

and anyway, zouma has played in midfield, and even played some decent crossfield balls, his passing is not that bad.

agreed he has gotten better..

But he still has the tendency to 'panic' of sorts and boot the ball out when he clearly has time to compose himself, which shows he doesn't have the greatest belief in his ability to dribble out of danger. And I think it's also his 'style' of passing. Zouma seems to have to shift his entire body before he makes a long pass/cross which is makes it appear awkward.

Then we look at a player like John Stones who has supreme confidence in his ability to carry the ball and dibble his way out of danger.

On the plus side, Zouma is young. And if a different manager forces us to play out of the back, he could garner more belief in his technical ability.

• 2 weeks later...

What a player. I thought that was an incredible performance. His recovery and strength after Corona went through on goal gave me the chills.

If we buy Stones, him and Zouma will be a formidable partnership. A powerhouse in Kurt, and a ball playing centre-back in Stones who is much more matured than his age suggests will make us set for a decade.

That pairing could be phenomenal. Complete partnership

• 2 weeks later...

This Chelsea star could be first to exit under new boss Guus Hiddink

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/629132/Kurt-Zouma-Chelsea-Loan-Deal-Lazio-Guus-Hiddink

KURT ZOUMA could join Lazio on loan in the January transfer window, according to reports in Italy.
By JAMES CAMBRIDGE
PUBLISHED: 17:31, Wed, Dec 23, 2015 | UPDATED: 17:50, Wed, Dec 23, 2015

This Chelsea star could be first to exit under new boss Guus Hiddink

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/629132/Kurt-Zouma-Chelsea-Loan-Deal-Lazio-Guus-Hiddink

KURT ZOUMA could join Lazio on loan in the January transfer window, according to reports in Italy.

By JAMES CAMBRIDGE

PUBLISHED: 17:31, Wed, Dec 23, 2015 | UPDATED: 17:50, Wed, Dec 23, 2015

Not a chance. He is our best CB.