test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Kurt Zouma

Started by Jason,

1,581 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

IF we was a no ambition mid table happy club we could probably make a team to stay mid table from our squad ready and loan players wanting a starting spot.

RLC,Chalobah,Ake,Brown,Musonda,Solanke,Aina,Happy,Kenedy,Bats,Christensen,Tammy,Bake,Baba,Omeruo,Kalas etc

But we cant really afford to take the gamble if we want to rule Europe too.

Conte needs to either get rid of a large number of youth players or give them a chance to make a claim during the summer. No point of having the likes of Ake, Christensen, Baba, etc stuck on the bench for the numbers.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Conte needs to either get rid of a large number of youth players or give them a chance to make a claim during the summer. No point of having the likes of Ake, Christensen, Baba, etc stuck on the bench for the numbers.

The reason is that we DO need them - to make up the HG numbers.

The reason is that we DO need them - to make up the HG numbers.

That only applies to a few of them, but I'd prefer us to buy some that could make an impact (talk of Gibson, Keane for example).
Unionjack likes this

14 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

That only applies to a few of them, but I'd prefer us to buy some that could make an impact (talk of Gibson, Keane for example).

Youre preaching to the converted bruv. Its the Dons ear we need to bend.

LAM09 likes this

Don't want to criticize Zouma because he was thrown into the deep end late on at United but after his performance yesterday and I've said this before, he just looks lost and unsuited as the centre back in a back 3. Awkward, cumbersome and doesn't have the ability to help to build our attacks from the back. And his stepover in the second half was just plain hilarious and embarrassing.

It's pretty bad that whenever he's on the field I actually expect us to concede goals <_<

Massive, massive Zouma fan but he needs to go out on loan. He's completely rusted, and Antonio's system isn't helping. He needs to refine his play on the ball and sort out his positioning, and you can only do that if you play week in, week out.

11 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Massive, massive Zouma fan but he needs to go out on loan. He's completely rusted, and Antonio's system isn't helping. He needs to refine his play on the ball and sort out his positioning, and you can only do that if you play week in, week out.

Me too love this guy to bits, but he's stagnating on the bench, he's got power, skill, and he's quick for such a big bloke, and really don't wanna lose him.

Loan out will be ok for a season, he needs regular football.

hes1ofus

49 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Positioning he can sort out with tactical work, but i can't imagine him ever being good enough technically to play in this system. It's a shame as i like him too, but i think i can live with Zouma leaving when i think of what Antonio is building here.

Amblève. likes this

Holy crap that performance yesterday was horrendous. Would not have expected him to be perfect after that injury but he really lost a lot of sharpness, presence and balance adding to his far from perfect positional awareness. At fault for Janmaats goal and could not deal with crosses from either side. 

Chelsea are close to agreeing a loan-deal
with Olympique Marseille for defender Kurt
Zouma. [L’Equipe]

8 minutes ago, milka said:

Zouma. [L’Equipe]

Good, we have to make this deal happen. Zouma was injured for 11 months, he has zero chance to be a starter at Chelsea now. Play 40-50 matches for Marseille to rebuild his confidence and form and we'll see.

blueblood22 likes this

1 hour ago, milka said:

Zouma. [L’Equipe]

I wish we could send some to Lille. 

Bielsa is going to there, and he knows how to push players to the next limits. 

Look at all the players that have come from the past two clubs he managed. 

Good, we have to make this deal happen. Zouma was injured for 11 months, he has zero chance to be a starter at Chelsea now. Play 40-50 matches for Marseille to rebuild his confidence and form and we'll see.

Rumours of him & Christensen being off , Bournemouth after Ake again and Terry leaving. Hope a few CB's are being lined up that are value for money (no Van Dijk breaking Luiz's record talk).

Kurt Zouma is determined to fight his way back into Antonio Conte’s plans at #Chelsea despite their hunt for a new defender. [Mirror]

Zouma: "I’m very happy at #Chelsea. I hear the rumours, it’s flattering. It means I’m a player people are looking at.“ [Mirror]

Zouma: "My objective is to stay at #Chelsea. Next season, we’ll start from scratch, there'll be a lot of games. It’s all up to me.“ [Mirror]

blueblood22 likes this

Crystal Palace want to sign #Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma on loan. [Mirror]
Zouma's made it clear he wants to stay & fight for his place, but Palace will move in given any encouragement that he's available. [Mirror]

2 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:
Crystal Palace want to sign #Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma on loan. [Mirror]
Zouma's made it clear he wants to stay & fight for his place, but Palace will move in given any encouragement that he's available. [Mirror]

Would be a good move for him.