Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Is it? I'd rather him have a Premier League loan to get used to the competition than go back to the nothing league he was in.

But they will play in the CL.

If he gets time then that would be good!

Awesome!

Not awesome! The level of defending in the PL is miles ahead of that in Ligue 1. I'd rather he goes to Sunderland for us to properly evaluate him in the PL even if Monaco play CL. Would he even be a starter for Monaco?

Chelsea can't waste such a big talent and the board should think twice before making a decision about Zouma.

He has had a tough time at St. Etienne in 2014. He's gone from hero to zero in a blink of an eye and the coach dropped him immediately after his transfer here.

He must go to a team where he can be a regular starter week-in, week-out. Another season on the bench and he might end up like Josh.

Monaco have a 35 yo Abidal and a 36 yo Carvalho as their CB pairing. And I haven't seen them linked with any top class defender yet. On paper, Zouma should be a starter there.

But if Monaco can't guarantee him at least 60% of matches as a starter, then I don't know, I'd rather have him here than on Monaco's bench.

Or, the worst case scenario, as a starter for Vitesse.

A loan at Sunderland? Oh boy.

So we loan out Kalas and Zouma which means we're not trying to integrate a Terry replacement this season. Slightly baffled by this, we know JT is a consistent performer but his decline will be noticeable. Back up we have Ivanovic but surely we should have either Kalas or Zouma as a back up too, particularly in less significant games.. Unless that's Aké, I'm slightly confused by this.

Awesome!

Awesome? They used Carvalho and Abidal there last season and they both renewed their contracts, as well as having young promising players like Borja Gomez, Isimat-Mirin and they also signed Aymen Abdennour permanently, as well as a few other guys as well if I remember rightly. They have too many CBs, theres no point in him going there if he isn't going to play every week.

Heard that he could play really well too in RB position. If I could wish, hopefully Omeruo will be included in squad too. Yes both are very young, but they are quality and could learn from senior players ongoing. They won't play as a regular starter for a team like Chelsea anyway, but could be a useful backup. Then we don't need to sign a high profile CB. Could 'save' the money for someone like Pogba.

A new LB, Ake - Cahill, Terry, Ivan, Omeruo - Azpi and Zouma could do the job. 2 players every position, with Ivan, Azpi and Zouma could play in more than one position, could well cope any injury or suspensions. Also why I wish for Omeruo because Kalas has been loaned out.

Heard that he could play really well too in RB position. If I could wish, hopefully Omeruo will be included in squad too. Yes both are very young, but they are quality and could learn from senior players ongoing. They won't play as a regular starter for a team like Chelsea anyway, but could be a useful backup. Then we don't need to sign a high profile CB. Could 'save' the money for someone like Pogba.

A new LB, Ake - Cahill, Terry, Ivan, Omeruo - Azpi and Zouma could do the job. 2 players every position, with Ivan, Azpi and Zouma could play in more than one position, could well cope any injury or suspensions. Also why I wish for Omeruo because Kalas has been loaned out.

I don't see why we need to have young players as back up players, they don't play every week where in contrast they could be out on loan playing every week for a club, developing, learning, gaining experience.

Look at Kalas last year, how many games did he start? He didn't even start against Swindon in the Capital One Cup for god sakes, he started 2 games (Liverpool and Cardiff I think), ironically in the last 4 or 5 matches of the season. He would have benefitted from a season on loan with Ivanovic coming in at CB when we had an injury/suspension.

Theres a reason why young players don't make it here, because when we have them in the squad they don't play. McEachran was never going to displace Lampard or Mikel or Ramires or Meireles under AVB on a regular basis, how often were they injured as well? Only Lamps was injured a bit and he was in and out of the team. Kalas was never going to displace Cahill, Terry or Luiz or even Branna if he played at CB. Young players at big clubs are generally better going on loan than sitting in the squad.

There are a few exceptions, maybe Marco will be a regular next year but again did anyone expect him to displace Lampard or Ramires or Mikel regularly for Chelsea? Before we signed Matic, we were light in CM so maybe he would have had more of a chance to play but now we've added Fabregas as well as losing Lampard and everyone thinking we should try and sign Pogba or someone to replace Ramires... so how is he meant to get a game? I think Marco will be used as a rotation player next season to be honest but thats because I think we won't sign any more midfield players and Mikel could possibly not feature as much.

Zouma definitely needs to go on loan, hes only 19, he needs to play every week to keep improving.

I don't see why we need to have young players as back up players, they don't play every week where in contrast they could be out on loan playing every week for a club, developing, learning, gaining experience.

Look at Kalas last year, how many games did he start? He didn't even start against Swindon in the Capital One Cup for god sakes, he started 2 games (Liverpool and Cardiff I think), ironically in the last 4 or 5 matches of the season. He would have benefitted from a season on loan with Ivanovic coming in at CB when we had an injury/suspension.

Theres a reason why young players don't make it here, because when we have them in the squad they don't play. McEachran was never going to displace Lampard or Mikel or Ramires or Meireles under AVB on a regular basis, how often were they injured as well? Only Lamps was injured a bit and he was in and out of the team. Kalas was never going to displace Cahill, Terry or Luiz or even Branna if he played at CB. Young players at big clubs are generally better going on loan than sitting in the squad.

There are a few exceptions, maybe Marco will be a regular next year but again did anyone expect him to displace Lampard or Ramires or Mikel regularly for Chelsea? Before we signed Matic, we were light in CM so maybe he would have had more of a chance to play but now we've added Fabregas as well as losing Lampard and everyone thinking we should try and sign Pogba or someone to replace Ramires... so how is he meant to get a game? I think Marco will be used as a rotation player next season to be honest but thats because I think we won't sign any more midfield players and Mikel could possibly not feature as much.

Zouma definitely needs to go on loan, hes only 19, he needs to play every week to keep improving.

That's Kalas case is mainly because he is injured at the start of the season. And after that he is struggle to make it, also because the team are getting solid by the time he is fully fit.

About Zouma, who knows though maybe Jose could do 'Varane' to him. We will see how he perform, and how Jose will use him in the pre season. But I'm also understand some of your point though that Zouma somehow not ready yet, that's why I wish for Omeruo, I think he is 'experienced' enough.

Awesome? They used Carvalho and Abidal there last season and they both renewed their contracts, as well as having young promising players like Borja Gomez, Isimat-Mirin and they also signed Aymen Abdennour permanently, as well as a few other guys as well if I remember rightly. They have too many CBs, theres no point in him going there if he isn't going to play every week.

Abidal gone to olympiacos but i agree with the rest