Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Interesting that what Mourinho said to him, he want Zouma to do "Varane" in Chelsea. I think Jose will include Zouma in the squad for next season.

Mourinho told him that he wants to do a 'Varane' with him. I think he'll have a pretty big role for us next season, hence why I don't think we're after a CB really.

Or he just said that too get him to sign :P

• 3 weeks later...

I read Sunderland was interested in taking Zouma out on loan....

I wonder what Jose's plan is for him next season.

Think he probably will go on loan. I'm guessing Omeruo is ahead of him most likely, considering how he's been playing in the world cup.

Think he probably will go on loan. I'm guessing Omeruo is ahead of him most likely, considering how he's been playing in the world cup.

I rate him higher than Omeruo...but we will see what Mourinho thinks..

I rate him higher than Omeruo...but we will see what Mourinho thinks..

From what i have seen from those two, which i will be completely honest is very little. But Omeruo looks so much better, his all round ability is so much better and reading of the game is so much better. Zouma from what i have seen is completely raw, he is a freakish athlete and like no other. But his defensive understanding needs lots and lots of work.

Zouma had a bad 2013-2014 season, his stock really went down. He was ranked so much higher prior to this season, he showed some real concern and flaws this season. Next season will be important for him and how he rebounds, needs to prove that he is more then an athlete.

A year at Sunderland ... suspect this is not what Zouma had in mind when Mourinho told him he wanted to 'do a Varane' with him.

A year at Sunderland is better than playing 5 or 6 cup games though. I think he will need 2 seasons on loan anyway, hes very raw still.

Sunderland backline is terrible.

I remember watching a ton of their games last season and I think the Man United duo are their starting Cbs, brown and O'shea. They loaned out diakite and had a south american there as well (I think Vergini?) Zouma should get plenty of time there.