test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

loaned out Kurt Zouma

Started by Jason,

1,604 posts in this topic

This is the calm attitude that a young player needs when he wants slowly but showly to develop in a. good player.Unfortunately neither Lukaku and de Bruyne had it.They probably won't ever reach the top.

killer1257 likes this

This is what Lukaku said pretty much when he first joined, we know how that turned out. Hope Zouma matures better than Lukaku did, but good for him saying that stuff.

Amblève. likes this

I hope Zouma can develop to become like Kompany or Mangala. Seeing how those two comibined in defence yesterday was really painful. I think Eden and Diego might need some patching up after those body checks they got.

I hope Zouma can develop to become like Kompany or Mangala. Seeing how those two comibined in defence yesterday was really painful. I think Eden and Diego might need some patching up after those body checks they got.

Kompany and Mnagala had it incredibly easy on Sunday though, our tactics meant they had very little to deal with and just the one striker to cover between them. And even then the referee let them get away with a lot of repeated fouls on Costa...and that's on the rare occasion Man City didn't stop any counter-attacks with a foul in midfield in the first place. Favourable circumstances and Kompany and Mangala took advantage, fair play to them. We'll see how they do against Roma/Bayern in their Champions League group and in the later rounds of the Champions League against teams that will go at them hard.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing Zoom on Wednesday night. Hopefully we see a clear development from pre-season after several weeks in training.

Kompany and Mnagala had it incredibly easy on Sunday though, our tactics meant they had very little to deal with and just the one striker to cover between them. And even then the referee let them get away with a lot of repeated fouls on Costa...and that's on the rare occasion Man City didn't stop any counter-attacks with a foul in midfield in the first place. Favourable circumstances and Kompany and Mangala took advantage, fair play to them. We'll see how they do against Roma/Bayern in their Champions League group and in the later rounds of the Champions League against teams that will go at them hard.

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing Zoom on Wednesday night. Hopefully we see a clear development from pre-season after several weeks in training.

With the way our defence has been dus far, he has a serious chance to win his place if he shows a good level of maturity and application. I ain't seen much of him but does any one know what he is like playing high line?

Favourable circumstances and Kompany and Mangala took advantage, fair play to them.

That's the main thing though mate, Mangala didn't shy away or make outlandish mistakes as you may expect from a newbie central defender in the league. Not saying he's world-class yet or anything, but he did look very comfortable and confident..

Hopefully Zouma has the same confidence & maturity.

With the way our defence has been dus far, he has a serious chance to win his place if he shows a good level of maturity and application. I ain't seen much of him but does any one know what he is like playing high line?

I really doubt that to be honest, Mourinho is very loyal to his main players/his own methods so Zouma will have to wait. Even Luis hasn't been able to force his way into the side and he has a much stronger case than Zouma.

That's the main thing though mate, Mangala didn't shy away or make outlandish mistakes as you may expect from a newbie central defender in the league. Not saying he's world-class yet or anything, but he did look very comfortable and confident..

Hopefully Zouma has the same confidence & maturity.

Mangala has 4 years on Zouma to be fair, hopefully when he's that age Zouma's game will have matured and he'll be a key player for us.

Mangala may not be a bad comparison for Zouma by the way. I thought Mangala looked really strong and athletic, his passing wasn't great but it was good enough. No reason Zouma can't reach that level in a couple years time. He may even get there sooner rather than later.

Tomo and The Skipper like this

I really doubt that to be honest, Mourinho is very loyal to his main players/his own methods so Zouma will have to wait. Even Luis hasn't been able to force his way into the side and he has a much stronger case than Zouma.

Mou is always open to change if it benefits the team, Luis will be in soon it's only a matter of time for me, guess we will know truly in a month or so.

Pepe was one of his favorites, yet as soon as Varane deserved selection at the Portuguese expense, he was dropped.

Zouma will have to get to and maintain a very high level to get a sniff, but if he does im sure he will play.

Styles likes this

Lets see how he does vs bolton first.

Imo he has heigh ceiling and if Mou trusts him, he will be starter in few years, but for now i cant see him get im first 11, due to his inexperience.

I think you're getting a little carried away. Our back four hasn't been bad at all its the TEAM defense that has been missing. There is no way in hell Jose will hand him anything more than a Capital Cup or a low end prem team... He's still pretty raw.

Very raw right now, needs bedding in slow and steady and Bolton maybe just that. Comparing him with Mangala isn't right for me.

Oh sure, definitely not comparable right now but in the long run Zouma could/should develop into a similar kind of player.