Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Petr's protective head gear... Does it have any cushion or not? Really looked like a solid hit from the replays i've seen.

That's why it special designed to fully protect Cech's head from that kind of collision.

It looks like this

Cech-Headgear.png

Although I don't know for sure if there are new design or not, which Cech using right now

“Eva was saying at least three times prior to that through the radio, ‘Bring the stretcher’. We could hear it,” said Cech. “I think that was why everyone was upset with the call. We heard ‘Bring the stretchers’, ‘Bring the stretchers’ and ‘Bring the stretchers’ but nobody was coming. I think that’s why the players got involved."

“The doctor was there quickly, everybody was there making sure he was OK. Our medical team and the referees they did really well. The other guys took a little bit of time, but I don’t think the player was in danger at that time because the doctor was with him, Eva was with him.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11298711/Petr-Cech-clash-of-heads-with-Chelsea-team-mate-Kurt-Zouma-could-have-been-much-worse.html

Hopefully this sparks some discussion on how the medical teams on the ground should respond. In certain situations, quick response can be the difference between life and death. We know all too well from the Muamba and Foe incidents.

I really really think its time to start giving him League games over Cahill and seeing how he gets on.

Every time he's played this season he's been nothing short of sensational. Cahill is brilliant at throwing his body on the line but his defensive clearances leave alot to be desired. They seem to always land straight at the other teams centre forwards feet. Zouma looks so composed and comfortable on the ball, and he's only 20.

I would say he's going to be the next John Terry but John Terry was not this good when he was 20. 2 goals in 6 starts too, and would have got one against Lisbon until Mikel bundled it over!

“Eva was saying at least three times prior to that through the radio, ‘Bring the stretcher’. We could hear it,” said Cech. “I think that was why everyone was upset with the call. We heard ‘Bring the stretchers’, ‘Bring the stretchers’ and ‘Bring the stretchers’ but nobody was coming. I think that’s why the players got involved."

“The doctor was there quickly, everybody was there making sure he was OK. Our medical team and the referees they did really well. The other guys took a little bit of time, but I don’t think the player was in danger at that time because the doctor was with him, Eva was with him.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11298711/Petr-Cech-clash-of-heads-with-Chelsea-team-mate-Kurt-Zouma-could-have-been-much-worse.html

To be fair, it doesn't help when certain players fein their own injuries. It's no wonder that often medics are sceptical (not that I'm excusing what happened last night). I remember a match a few seasons ago, can't remember who for which club, went off on a stretcher and was fine 5 minutes later. Obviously faking.

To be fair, it doesn't help when certain players fein their own injuries. It's no wonder that often medics are sceptical (not that I'm excusing what happened last night). I remember a match a few seasons ago, can't remember who for which club, went off on a stretcher and was fine 5 minutes later. Obviously faking.

Yeah, but better have them rushing over to a fake injury than walking slowly to a potentially fatal one!