Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

On 21/11/2016 at 1:24 AM, Dazzy_Vance said:

Sorry, rubbish was a harsh word and I shouldn't have dismissed your opinion like that. I just strongly disagree. It takes something extraordinary for a 'small team' to win the highly sought after trophies and it happens once every blue moon. Clubs well resourced will almost always prevail. They just spend until it eventually works.

Also disagree with United only having a sprinkling of superstar players. United were stacked with talent.

I also think City will win the league by 7+ points.

No worries mate 😄

I guess we could debate this subject forever 😂😂😂

I hope we continue to challenge and evolve as doing nothing is standing still.

I think City next season will do what you predict- but this season might be a bit soon :)

However - we are top of the league and I'm loving it :)

I know Zouma is just coming back from his injury and playing more and more now with the u23s but I think he might struggle to dislodge Azpilicueta from the team in that right center back role just now, firstly because I think Azpilicueta has a huge advantage playing that role from when he was a full back, he knows when to go wide to engage an opponent and when to stay narrow and secondly I think Conte won't want to change a winning team despite Zouma being a central defender and Azpilicueta being a fullback. Both can be quite sloppy in possession too and Azpilicueta still needs to come wider when are playing out at times to stretch the pitch and give Luiz or Kante or whoever an option.

I can also see Conte trying to sign Romagnoli (or whatever he's called) from Milan again in January or in the summer to give him a left footed option for the left side to eventually replace Cahill. His Italy and Juventus defence was very much similar, he always had a right footed center back on the right side of Bonucci and a left footed center back on the left side and I would be surprised if he doesn't eventually get a left footed center back to replace Cahill in the team just for balance and especially for playing out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/11/2016 at 3:17 PM, the wes said:

The the only way I can see Zouma get on the back three line up if Dave cahill and Luiz drop a bit of form or they get injured 

Like now!!! I'd drop Cahill

Ever since Happy started playing for us I had a dream of us having him with Varane and Pogba.

But who knows. Mou mighta got Pog to reel Happy in

Hes a young strong in demand lad that wants to play regular football and you couldn't blame him if he was to jump ship.

Cy8bTIjXcAAdwer.jpg

6 hours ago, MefiX19 said:

i love his smile

Hence his name Happy.

What's his status? Is he fit? Is he ready to play? Hope Conte will play him over Cahill. Zouma needs to play as he is the future of our defense. 

Hope his injury hasn't ruined his potential or defensive abilities. 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

I'm not convinced Zouma is the answer to our problems. Technically, he isn't very good. Great physical attributes in regards to speed and strength, but I'm not so sure about him with the ball at his feet, and even his positioning at times. 

Look what Conte did with Luiz. Made him a complete different defender. Happy has the potential and I'm sure Conte can teach/tell him a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I loved Happy pre injury and could see him having a long great future with us. But I'm wondering if Conte has those same thoughts or do you think we will end up buying a new upgrade for Cahill and push the likes of him,Christensen,Ake down the pecking order or out the club?

On 03/01/2017 at 3:35 PM, Unionjack said:

I loved Happy pre injury and could see him having a long great future with us. But I'm wondering if Conte has those same thoughts or do you think we will end up buying a new upgrade for Cahill and push the likes of him,Christensen,Ake down the pecking order or out the club?

Actually I think he should be introduced in this team as soon as possible, with Zouma-Luiz-Cahill being the ideal back 3. Before last two games we had conceded 2 goals in 11 games, so it was difficult for Conte to change something at the defense. Now we conceded 4 goals in 2 games, and there were poor defending from Azpi in at least 2 of those goals, and thats not a big surprise, considering he is not a CB and never will be. Zouma is powerful CB and hes got the right pace for that position in the right of the defense.

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Actually I think he should be introduced in this team as soon as possible, with Zouma-Luiz-Cahill being the ideal back 3. Before last two games we had conceded 2 goals in 11 games, so it was difficult for Conte to change something at the defense. Now we conceded 4 goals in 2 games, and there were poor defending from Azpi in at least 2 of those goals, and thats not a big surprise, considering he is not a CB and never will be. Zouma is powerful CB and hes got the right pace for that position in the right of the defense.

And you think Cahil has pace?

Daves been solid enough this season but OK lets give him a go on LWB.

But Id still upgrade Cahill out of the 3.

I think he might get considered in the next few games instead of Azpi but other than those goals Azpi has been as good as any defender in the league for me. I honestly don't see Zouma playing LCB either if Gaz gets dropped, he is a wreck with the ball, well maybe that's an overstatement but don't see him being used there yet.

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think he might get considered in the next few games instead of Azpi but other than those goals Azpi has been as good as any defender in the league for me. I honestly don't see Zouma playing LCB either if Gaz gets dropped, he is a wreck with the ball, well maybe that's an overstatement but don't see him being used there yet.

he's better than cahill on the ball, we saw that in midfield, didnt make any big errors, hit a few diagonal balls, just looks clumsy because of his size

I think its about time Zouma got his chance to get back into the starting eleven now.  He was imo our best cb before his injury, just hope it hasn't affected his way of playing and that he can adjust to Contes system in a good way.