test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

15. Kurt Zouma

Started by Jason,

1,802 posts in this topic

He was ok decent before the injury, but now nowhere near Chels quality. Mou and Conte always did say you need a good backline to have a go, we are pretty far away from that.

He looks half the player that was playing regularly and then got injured aged 20/21. Never seen a player regress that much.  Not the only one to blame, but when I saw his face after that tackle I knew the game was lost, his facial expression was so full of horror and knowing that he had no right to be in that place. I have really been wrong about him, I thought he had matured on loan but he really has not developed at all as a player.

Vesper likes this

3 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Almost begs the question how he's a professional when he looks so awkward on the ball. 

same question I ask about Bakayoko.

I think it's their physicality: it can only take you so far though. They are both super strong athletes, but really poor on the ball.

Vesper likes this

19 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

He looks half the player that was playing regularly and then got injured aged 20/21. Never seen a player regress that much.  Not the only one to blame, but when I saw his face after that tackle I knew the game was lost, his facial expression was so full of horror and knowing that he had no right to be in that place. I have really been wrong about him, I thought he had matured on loan but he really has not developed at all as a player.

he is so so nice a guy, and I do NOT hate him at all (like I do that mug Alonso and especially the ultra twatish Cuntois) but he (so tragically) looks to be ruint by that injury (2nd of August 2015, so over 4 years ago now) on a perm basis, plus he never was all that great on the ball anyway.

He is perfect for mid level, hit and hope, park the bus brutal EPL style of a Burnley, Bournemouth, Palace, West Ham, even the Everton of the past 5, 10 years (they are trying to change that which is why it is puzzling they so desperately want him back), but simply is not up to par for a progressive, world class team (or one striving to reach that spot) He would never see the light of day on a Pep or Klopp or Poch or Simeone (he demands his CB's be GREAT on the ball) or Carlo Ancelotti team

manpe and Supermonkey92 like this

11 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

ehm wait :D

I mean 33 years old Cahill. Prime Cahill is twice the player Zouma could be. Zouma pretty much the same player 3, 4 years ago. Still very awkward on the ball, poor positioning. And he seemingly incapable of timing the jump, which led him to jump very high to compensate for it, that's the reason lead to his injury. Cahill right now might lost the pace but at least he would rather back down instead of giving away such a cheap penalty like yesterday. Even his ball playing is not as bad as Zouma, although its still average <_<

Vesper likes this

Think Zouma will do well in a defensive system, just not in an attacking one. 
He certainly wasn't as suspect at Everton and they aren't exactly managed by a defensive coach.

Zouma problem is that he is a bit clumsy and on the ball he is just really poor. But we can remedy that with kova-kante midfield, two ball carrier in midfield mean we can minimize the amount of time that Zouma need to bring the ball forward. 

Zouma is who Zouma has always been since his first spell in our team a few years ago. A physical powerhouse with very poor footballing ability and someone who panics under pressure (because he's not confident in said footballing ability).

Perfect for a perennial Europa League level club like Everton but not at all good enough technically for a top club like Chelsea. Ask yourself, would the likes of City or Liverpool even consider Zouma if he was available for a small fee? No chance.

He'll have solid games for us this season, don't get me wrong. But he'll be a David Luiz-like liability against the top sides. 

Robchels likes this

3 hours ago, LAM09 said:
20 hours ago, Jason said:
Think Zouma will do well in a defensive system, just not in an attacking one. 

He certainly wasn't as suspect at Everton and they aren't exactly managed by a defensive coach.

Doesn't mean he was great either and maybe, clubs like Everton are his level. 

Robchels likes this

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

One trait Zouma had even before his injury was his positioning was always a weakness but he had an uncanny ability to get back extremely quickly and had one of the best recovery tackles I've probably ever seen but I do think he's lost some of his athleticism and acceleration after his injury and the more space in behind him the harder that recovery can become.

It's obviously great if a defender has great athleticism and pace to make recovery tackles etc but if they have to do constantly do that, then it says a lot more about their weakness than strength. 

Superblue_1986 and Robchels like this

Why everybody targeting Zouma performance against  utd Christensen performance was poor aswell I have been saying this well over a year Christensen needs sold he's not suited for the PL the German league is the place for him I rather have zouma - rudiger partnership than Christensen - rudiger yes Christensen good on the ball but sometimes his defending is poor 

19 minutes ago, the wes said:

Why everybody targeting Zouma performance against  utd Christensen performance was poor aswell I have been saying this well over a year Christensen needs sold he's not suited for the PL the German league is the place for him I rather have zouma - rudiger partnership than Christensen - rudiger yes Christensen good on the ball but sometimes his defending is poor 

Because after a bright start the first sniff of momentum for United and encouragement for the fans was from Zouma's misplaced pass in his own box and then just minutes later his rash tackle for the penalty. He never looked comfortable after this both defensively and on the ball.

Christensen wasn't impressive and was obviously part of the defence as a whole which struggled but he didn't make glaring and schoolboy errors which put us massively on the back foot and/or led to goals from what I can remember.

Robchels and Tomo like this

Doesn't mean he was great either and maybe, clubs like Everton are his level. 
He was adequate at a top half team, not Cardiff. Sheep in headlights for large parts of yesterday's game.
Vesper likes this

1 hour ago, the wes said:

dont often disagree, but truly do on this

AC is streets ahead of Zouma for me, he has matured nicely and I have seen relatively few errors over the last 6, 7 months

Zouma is a trainwreck atm:(

hope he buckles it up and comes good quickly

LAM09, Tomo, killer1257 and 1 other like this

58 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Because after a bright start the first sniff of momentum for United and encouragement for the fans was from Zouma's misplaced pass in his own box and then just minutes later his rash tackle for the penalty. He never looked comfortable after this both defensively and on the ball.

Christensen wasn't impressive and was obviously part of the defence as a whole which struggled but he didn't make glaring and schoolboy errors which put us massively on the back foot and/or led to goals from what I can remember.

Couldn’t agree more.

That misplaced pass looked just as bad as the pk. United should have scored then and there.

andreas was having a solid game while zouma looked bad from the first minute. His hands sticking out to make the easiest pass is very bakayoko like and a big 🚩 

Tomo likes this