Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

Infographic---Kurt-Zouma1 (2).jpg

Interesting. People calling for Zouma to time his jumps yet he is more efficent in aerial duels than Terry.

So all those dissing Zouma, now tell JT to work on his timing. Haha.

18 hours ago, Kieran. said:

No chance he'll be fit in six months. Will be closer to a year.

Nah I don't think it'll be a year man. He'll have the benefit (though he won't see it that way) of missing the Euros and thus giving him the entire summer to rest and look after his own physical conditioning. Don't expect he'll be ready for the beginning of the season, but I don't think it'll keep him out until 2017. Expect to see him October earliest.

7 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Nah I don't think it'll be a year man. He'll have the benefit (though he won't see it that way) of missing the Euros and thus giving him the entire summer to rest and look after his own physical conditioning. Don't expect he'll be ready for the beginning of the season, but I don't think it'll keep him out until 2017. Expect to see him October earliest.

I hope zouma  doesn't end up like van ginkel ffs being loan out and his bad injury

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

Really really don't think so but I hope I'm wrong! I feel sick about the whole thing.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

I hope zouma  doesn't end up like van ginkel ffs being loan out and his bad injury

Difference I find is that Zouma was actually a regular in the team. Unlike MvG and even Romeu, Zoma became a permanent fixture in the team for the whole season. The former 2 played but sporadically. Only Romeu was really hyped and by then we'd filled the midfield vacancy. It's clear Zouma's ceiling of potential is higher than the aforementioned.

4 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Difference I find is that Zouma was actually a regular in the team. Unlike MvG and even Romeu, Zoma became a permanent fixture in the team for the whole season. The former 2 played but sporadically. Only Romeu was really hyped and by then we'd filled the midfield vacancy. It's clear Zouma's ceiling of potential is higher than the aforementioned.

Romeu was getting serious minutes just before his injury. He was starting under AVB, remember? Van Ginkel was also just starting to get important minutes before his injury. If both hadn't been injured they might have been pushing for a starting berth, now we shall never know. The difference between the two midfielders and Zouma is that they became injured just when they were making an impact, not over a year later.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Romeu was getting serious minutes just before his injury. He was starting under AVB, remember?

Yeah I do, but I meant it was so short-lived that we quickly moved on to be honest. That's why I don't think we'd loan Zouma out when he would come back to fitness because he because an important part of that back 4. Certainly the only one who showed any signs of turning up, particularly early in the season.

It's funny looking back though. How shit scared were we Barcelona would come calling back? The many debates on the definition of buy-back v buy-out clauses :lol: - Now we couldn't care less so to speak, no-one mentioned any sell-on clauses hey? :Goober:

Just now, LDN Blue said:

Yeah I do, but I meant it was so short-lived that we quickly moved on to be honest. That's why I don't think we'd loan Zouma out when he would come back to fitness because he because an important part of that back 4. Certainly the only one who showed any signs of turning up, particularly early in the season.

It's funny looking back though. How shit scared were we Barcelona would come calling back? The many debates on the definition of buy-back v buy-out clauses :lol: - Now we couldn't care less so to speak, no-one mentioned any sell-on clauses hey? :Goober:

He looked impressive in that short life.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

He looked impressive in that short life.

No doubt, had a positive attitude to start attacking plays from his position. You do wonder what could have become of him if he did remain injury free, at least he's got a new lease of life at Southampton. Though it looks like his injury didn't affect him too much, he looks a shadow of his former self (from what we'd seen).

But in trying to keep this on topic of Zouma, I think there are distinct differences that'll benefit him at Chelsea. He's a favourite of fans and management alike, he's young but mature enough to share a position with John Terry and keep Cahill out the team. People say how his knees will be a problem because he relies on his pace and strength, to be honest until he comes back and proves that theory wrong all we have is theory. But the graphic @the wes showed goes to disprove that slightly.