Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Zouma still needs a lot game time to improve his awareness and game smarts. He makes up for a lot of this thanks to his speed and athleticism (as stated above).

I like Zouma, he's young...he'll get there.

Anyone else think that 9 times out of 10 his sliding tackle today would have ended in the player continuing his run, tripping over Zooma and getting the penalty?  yikes....I blame the Scunthorpe forward for missing that one...shouldn't have jumped over him.

10 minutes ago, James said:

Awful absolutely awful on the ball, so fucking frustrating. 

He is young, I know, but it seems that he cannot tackle in a way the ball stays in the play. Always clearing the ball away from the pitch, even in situations he can do much more. Not to mention his distribution. That will come with experience, though. But still frustrating when you chase the game and he clears it away, meaning another bunch of seconds wasted by the opponent.

6 minutes ago, James said:

He's one of the worst players at playing from the back and struggles to keep composure when getting pressed, honestly don't know what you're watching if you think he hardly gives the ball away... 

He is a good defender, has pace and can tackle, a huge talent but i guarantee most members on this forum will agree with me when i say his passing/composure on the ball is dreadful. 

Do you think we should drop him till he gets older ?

He is only 19.. ..  who do you want playing instead of him ?

He had a good game up until that point. It's not a coincidence he started giving the ball away once Cesc went off and that lumbering donkey Matic was brought on. He was being asked to do too much because Matic was afraid of the ball and invites pressure as usual.

The poor positional play and distribution is just part of a young players growing pains. It'll get better with more experience.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Amblève. said:

Bailed out our defense a couple of times yesterday, played his own role perfectly, and was absolutely calm with the ball at times. MOTM performance.

Agree. Ivanovic looked like he just couldn't keep up in the last 10 mins, Zouma did a great job in that period.

That run at the end though! :D