Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

It wouldn't be typical Chelsea if we don't spend unwisely in the transfer window and neglect our own youngsters.

yup. kalas' non-involvement (even in the domestic cups) has been shocking!!! i just hope atleast one of these 3 makes it big here. ake would be my best bet.

we have chalobah, kalas, ake as our youth players so why do we need a 10/12mil pound player as our 4th CB?

Because maybe Zouma is a better player than any of those three? Even if we got Zouma, there's still more than enough room for some other youth players to break through because it's not like Terry can go on forever, the future of Luiz is by no means certain and both Cahill and Luiz are 30 year this year as well. We'll be needing some fresh blood for our CB department sooner or later so why not get one of the hottest centre-back prospects in the world when he's still available for a reasonable price rather than wait till the problem gets so urgent that we end up spending massively for some proven world beater anyway?

Because maybe Zouma is a better player than any of those three? Even if we got Zouma, there's still more than enough room for some other youth players to break through because it's not like Terry can go on forever, the future of Luiz is by no means certain and both Cahill and Luiz are 30 year this year as well. We'll be needing some fresh blood for our CB department sooner or later so why not get one of the hottest centre-back prospects in the world when he's still available for a reasonable price rather than wait till the problem gets so urgent that we end up spending massively for some proven world beater anyway?

Cahill just turned 28 and Luiz is 26 mate.

first things first, GC just turned 28 (on 19th december to be precise), and DL is 26, so they both have atleast 4 good years each left. JT might not go on forever but he has been our best defender this season too and he has a couple of years in his bag too.

now, i get your idea of buying zouma, i really do.

but the main point of a good back 4 is consistency, how much time would zouma get in chelsea as a 4th choice CB. look at kalas !!! so thats 2 years atleast wasted for him.

plus players like ake who are showing tremondous talent dont get a chance. simply does not seem worth it to me, especially since we have such big DM/ST issues as of this moment.

Cahill just turned 28 and Luiz is 26 mate.

Oh my bad, I thought Cahill was born in -84 like Ivanovic.

Still, my point stands because with Ake, Chalobah and Kalas we're talking about players who are 18-20 at the moment and can easily be candidates to replace our current defenders within a few years even if we got someone like Zouma. I wouldn't be so sure that we'll have any of our current four CBs three years from now. Terry is almost guaranteed to be retired, both Cahill and Ivanovic will be well over 30 and may be offloaded already and at the moment I wouldn't even bet on Luiz staying beyond this season, let alone still being at the club in 2017. Like I said, more than enough opportunities for each of the three youngsters to claim a place in the team if they're good enough and if not, the club would definitely be doing the right thing by investing in a player with world class potential now.

It's obvious that our name is just being thrown in there to raise the price. If we were in a "race" with Inter and Monaco we would have already signed him. They can't compete with us.

Im pretty sure Monaco is equaly strong financialy to us (I think they are even crazier nowdays when comes to spend money easily), while Inter; sure they cant compete with neither two, they lack money and reputation atm.

I think we are interested in Zouma, but not desperate, he is more an option than a priority. Certainly he is fine player and Mourinho bought Varane when he was in RM which resulted in fantastic buy. Surely Zouma could be our Varane.

first things first, GC just turned 28 (on 19th december to be precise), and DL is 26, so they both have atleast 4 good years each left. JT might not go on forever but he has been our best defender this season too and he has a couple of years in his bag too.

now, i get your idea of buying zouma, i really do.

but the main point of a good back 4 is consistency, how much time would zouma get in chelsea as a 4th choice CB. look at kalas !!! so thats 2 years atleast wasted for him.

plus players like ake who are showing tremondous talent dont get a chance. simply does not seem worth it to me, especially since we have such big DM/ST issues as of this moment.

If Aké gets his chance, he'll probably play in midfield, not defence.

Ake is still a pretty good midfielder. As evident in his performances with the first team.

He doesn't have ze pedigree and hasn't passed or completed the 5 stage program of chelsea youth development

stage 1- Go out on loan for atleast 3 seasons

stage 2- Finish each loan spells as one of the top players in that league

stage 3- prove your readiness by walking on water and turning water into wine

stage 4- perform every houdini tricks to the managers satisfaction.

stage 5- Don't bring air riffle to cobham.

Ake is still a pretty good midfielder. As evident in his performances with the first team.

Ake was alright for us, but I was simply correcting his statement. If we were to try a youngster at CM, Baker makes more sense IMO. At least that seems to be Jose's opinion.

He doesn't have ze pedigree and hasn't passed or completed the 5 stage program of chelsea youth development

stage 1- Go out on loan for atleast 3 seasons

stage 2- Finish each loan spells as one of the top players in that league

stage 3- prove your readiness by walking on water and turning water into wine

stage 4- perform every houdini tricks to the managers satisfaction.

stage 5- Don't bring air riffle to cobham.

Seems like a pretty fair list of tasks if you ask me

Im pretty sure Monaco is equaly strong financialy to us (I think they are even crazier nowdays when comes to spend money easily), while Inter; sure they cant compete with neither two, they lack money and reputation atm.

While that is true, we and Monaco attract different types of players. They attract players who probably have had long careers and are looking for the money while if a player is young and looking to make a name for himself, the EPL would surely be his destination.