Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

Favourable circumstances and Kompany and Mangala took advantage, fair play to them.

That's the main thing though mate, Mangala didn't shy away or make outlandish mistakes as you may expect from a newbie central defender in the league. Not saying he's world-class yet or anything, but he did look very comfortable and confident..

Hopefully Zouma has the same confidence & maturity.

With the way our defence has been dus far, he has a serious chance to win his place if he shows a good level of maturity and application. I ain't seen much of him but does any one know what he is like playing high line?

I really doubt that to be honest, Mourinho is very loyal to his main players/his own methods so Zouma will have to wait. Even Luis hasn't been able to force his way into the side and he has a much stronger case than Zouma.

That's the main thing though mate, Mangala didn't shy away or make outlandish mistakes as you may expect from a newbie central defender in the league. Not saying he's world-class yet or anything, but he did look very comfortable and confident..

Hopefully Zouma has the same confidence & maturity.

Mangala has 4 years on Zouma to be fair, hopefully when he's that age Zouma's game will have matured and he'll be a key player for us.

Mangala may not be a bad comparison for Zouma by the way. I thought Mangala looked really strong and athletic, his passing wasn't great but it was good enough. No reason Zouma can't reach that level in a couple years time. He may even get there sooner rather than later.

I really doubt that to be honest, Mourinho is very loyal to his main players/his own methods so Zouma will have to wait. Even Luis hasn't been able to force his way into the side and he has a much stronger case than Zouma.

Mou is always open to change if it benefits the team, Luis will be in soon it's only a matter of time for me, guess we will know truly in a month or so.

Pepe was one of his favorites, yet as soon as Varane deserved selection at the Portuguese expense, he was dropped.

Zouma will have to get to and maintain a very high level to get a sniff, but if he does im sure he will play.

With the way our defence has been dus far, he has a serious chance to win his place if he shows a good level of maturity and application. I ain't seen much of him but does any one know what he is like playing high line?

I think you're getting a little carried away. Our back four hasn't been bad at all its the TEAM defense that has been missing. There is no way in hell Jose will hand him anything more than a Capital Cup or a low end prem team... He's still pretty raw.

Very raw right now, needs bedding in slow and steady and Bolton maybe just that. Comparing him with Mangala isn't right for me.

Oh sure, definitely not comparable right now but in the long run Zouma could/should develop into a similar kind of player.

Nice to see him get on the score-sheet. Thought he was solid without really having much to do.

‘Kurt is a player who has waited patiently for a chance to play,’ said Holland.

‘We have talked about him for games in the Premier League although he hasn’t yet. He is in the discussions. He is not an inexperienced kid. He has played games for St-Etienne both as a right-back and centre-back, he is a France Under-21 international in a strong group, and tonight without being particularly tested he was immaculate. What he did have to do he dealt with comfortably and being a threat in the opposition penalty box is a big bonus for a centre-back.

‘There will be more difficult tests ahead for him but he did everything that was asked of him tonight as did Nathan Ake, another young player who has played in the first team before. It was no surprise he was almost pass-perfect. I don’t recall him making a bad decision.’

match-report--chelsea-v-bolton-wanderers