Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Still not better than any of our CB options other than Cahill. Like RLC, we were absolutely correct to send him on loan.

Even though Rudi has had a very good start to his career and is good on the ball and Christensen is like a silent but deadly assassin, I still think Kurt is our best pure defender second only to Azpi. Emphasis being on pure defending only.

19 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Cahill's a better option in a back 3. 

Probably true. Honestly, the only spot Zouma could probably play in our back 3 is on the right side. Unfortunately for him, he has the best defender in the league in Azpi to compete with there. He's not nearly comfortable enough on the ball currently to play the other two spots. Cahill already struggles on the left in possision and he's probably a bit better on the ball than Kurt.

Rüdiger offers about the same physicality and athleticism as Zouma does but is far better on the ball and can also fill in as a fullback in emergency situations.

I'm glad he's on our books long term and can definitely play for us but I don't see how he'll be a first choice CB for us any time soon. 

• 1 month later...

I really hope this loan is good for him. I like Happy. We could use that massive bonce of his to help rubberneck out

Nice write up

From the 'ghost player' to wonderkid: Kurt Zouma's journey

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ghost-footballer-to-getting-mentored-by-his-idol-didier/1w9ap5rovdvo41963e7dh1gemx

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I doubt we'll stick with the 5 at the back post Conte so in terms of CB's i feel Zouma is the perfect partner for Christensen. AC is a reader of the game and  needs a powerful dominant CB next to him which Zouma is.

Carvalho and JT mark II

Not sure how he has played this season, head he has been quality although Stoke have conceded the most in the PL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, the wes said:

Big KK and big happy would great CB partnership next season 

Wooo Imagine thos 2 breathing down yer neck.

What we need tho bruv is a PROPER partner for our wee baldy man. None that we have here our loaned can do it. One of our most needed positions to sort IMO