Mario Pašalić

Quarter of an hour gone. Monaco 1 down on the night, 4-1 down on aggregate. Monaco have barely had a kick and could easily be dead and buried already. Mario hasn't had any kind of influence yet. Only notable involvement was conceding a free kick which looked far worse than it was. Started as a fair shoulder barge but he gave the bloke a shove at the last moment and turned it into a foul.

Edit: Monaco just equalised on the night following a corner.

• 2 weeks later...

He shouldn't even be playing at u21 level, too good for it.

Many have compared him to Lampard or Ballack, i'd say it's probably a mixture of the two. He's one of my favourite young players.

100% agree. Especially when you see how poor Croatia played in their last two Euro qualifiers.

what is it with people and mikel?

i just have never been able to understand it or probably never will.

he is not the best player around by a light year, but atleast he fights for the team unlike some of our current players.

he is good in a specific role and a system. limited, YES. USEFUL? definitely YES.

i guess, people just want a scapegoat even if the scapegoat maybe playing or not and infact be a better option that some of our current first teamers.

what is it with people and mikel?

i just have never been able to understand it or probably never will.

he is not the best player around by a light year, but atleast he fights for the team unlike some of our current players.

he is good in a specific role and a system. limited, YES. USEFUL? definitely YES.

i guess, people just want a scapegoat even if the scapegoat maybe playing or not and infact be a better option that some of our current first teamers.

He is very limited in what he does, and you could argue he hasn't even done that well in some years now. But I also think the way supporters talk about him is pretty disgraceful, he's been a loyal player through many years and also someone who has had great performances. Lets not forget his performance against Bayern in the CL finale, probably one of the best Chelsea players on the pitch that day.

• 2 weeks later...

He started tonight, but got substituted at half time. I wasn't able to watch the match, anyone had a look at him?

He was quite invisible, didnt do much, apart from couple simple passes.

He can produce moments of brilliance like odd goal or pass or sth, but he is no where near to lead the midfield or have any significant influence in the play yet. In most games I saw, he had two/three realy good moments, but apart from that he was not involved in the game at all. For example second Valencia match was same, as soon he got replaced Monaco became alot more lively.

He is progressing and learning, glad he is getting the minutes. But he is no where near ready to play here, unless for some odd 5min cameos, right now he needs to play alot and Im happy we loaned him out.

He started tonight, but got substituted at half time. I wasn't able to watch the match, anyone had a look at him?

Watched it and if I hadn't checked the lineup before the game I probably wouldn't have known he was playing.