Mario Pašalić

Excepting the goal, bad game.
I feel very bad for the defeat of Monaco. I want to saw them in Champions and was a very unfair result.
Who did and amazing game was Martial. Only 19 years. Obviously still has a lot to improve, but this guy can be special.

He did look good and did brilliantly for the goal.

2-0 at home to qualify, not at all impossible. Hoping he gets some CL experience; see him rivaling fabregas for a spot eventually.

They are not the same type of player, Mario is a box to box, with good criterium with the ball but not a pure creative player. They don't will be a rivals for a spot, they will be complementary. For example in Monaco the role of creative midfielder, is for Moutinho, Mario is a mixed who helps either in defense and in attack with good incorporations but arriving since behind more for surprise, not as creator of game.
If something I like of this current Monaco, is his midfield distribution, 3 different players, but complementary, each one with his function. One pure defensive, one mixed, one pure creative. We can try something like that with Matic - Pasalic and Cesc.
Obviously seeing to future, because Mario actually is not enough to be headline in Chelsea, but is going for good way.

They are not the same type of player, Mario is a box to box, with good criterium with the ball but not a pure creative player. They don't will be a rivals for a spot, they will be complementary. For example in Monaco the role of creative midfielder, is for Moutinho, Mario is a mixed who helps either in defense and in attack with good incorporations but arriving since behind more for surprise, not as creator of game.

If something I like of this current Monaco, is his midfield distribution, 3 different players, but complementary, each one with his function. One pure defensive, one mixed, one pure creative. We can try something like that with Matic - Pasalic and Cesc.

Obviously seeing to future, because Mario actually is not enough to be headline in Chelsea, but is going for good way.

I meant his place in the team. Pasalic would clearly replace fabregas in the 2 man midfield.

Meh he wasn't that great, few decent passes and runs but other than the goal he didn't stick out. The boy Parejo who plays for Valencia looks a good player, Martial was also Monaco's best player by a mile. Clever footballer, I don't want to hype him up too much but he looks like he has all the attributes to be similar to Thierry Henry in terms of playing style: pacey, strong, good dribbler, drifts out to the left wing a lot to cut in, links well and can find his team mates.. obviously he didn't score but he got a rebound goal that was from his own shot, the reaction speed was quite impressive, be interesting to see how he does but he looks like someone who will be a top player.

Well the lads certainly making the most of his chances. I know we have a really shit history of our loan system. Well it is IF the idea is for them to get regular playing time and HOPEFULLY come back to 1st team play.

I hope the lad does very well and he does come back to join us. Join the list with Tebo.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/8/20/9180961/mario-pasalic-monaco-valencia-goal

Meh he wasn't that great, few decent passes and runs but other than the goal he didn't stick out. The boy Parejo who plays for Valencia looks a good player, Martial was also Monaco's best player by a mile. Clever footballer, I don't want to hype him up too much but he looks like he has all the attributes to be similar to Thierry Henry in terms of playing style: pacey, strong, good dribbler, drifts out to the left wing a lot to cut in, links well and can find his team mates.. obviously he didn't score but he got a rebound goal that was from his own shot, the reaction speed was quite impressive, be interesting to see how he does but he looks like someone who will be a top player.

Parejo is very good. Pasalic is what, 19? Starting for Monaco already, he'll be good.

Martial to Arsenal!

Parejo is very good. Pasalic is what, 19? Starting for Monaco already, he'll be good.

Martial to Arsenal!

Yeah he's 19 or 20but people were saying he was ready to be in the squad here after his season in Spain. He still needs a whole lot of work. Wouldn't mind Martial coming here, looks like he will be a top striker eventually. He only cost Monaco 5M euros... although he was 17 at the time but still..

Yeah he's 19 or 20but people were saying he was ready to be in the squad here after his season in Spain. He still needs a whole lot of work. Wouldn't mind Martial coming here, looks like he will be a top striker eventually. He only cost Monaco 5M euros... although he was 17 at the time but still..

Nonsense. He's not that advanced, one day though, if he continues his trajectory, he can be world class.

Martial is a monster.

Thierry Henry is exactly what I was thinking while watching Martial. One thing you didn't talk about was his decision making in looking for the pass when it was on. I don't remember a single occasion when I felt he made the wrong choice. I liked what I saw from Martial last night.

I never like seeing young players compared to past legends.

A more relevent comparison would be Danny Sturridge tbh.

I meant in style and, in terms of style, I imagine Thierry Henry crosses the mind of many people when they watch Martial play. In terms of quality though, perhaps you're right. Maybe Studge is the better comparison.

I meant in style and, in terms of style, I imagine Thierry Henry crosses the mind of many people when they watch Martial play. In terms of quality though, perhaps you're right. Maybe Studge is the better comparison.

Interesting to each their own.

I feel there is a uncanny similarity between martial and studge. In physics and their awkward kinda running. Very similar In that regard and also in playing style too, both forwards are very versatile.

Studge idol was Henry, you kinda see similarity in style. Shame his career has stagnated due to injury he is a quality player.

Back on Martial, potential top striker. Him and silva will be fun to watch this season.