Mario Pašalić

When running down a list of clubs to send your player on loan to, how do you end up on and not move past AC Milan? How on earth would they stick in your mind as the right choice? 

They didn't do anything for Van Ginkel, they just rejected a transfer proposal from us for one of their players, so we want to send them one of our best prospects? To this side which will again finish behind Juventus, Napoli, Roma, Fiorentina, Inter? You think a player will thrive floating around 10th place in Serie A for a team that's been in shambles for years?

Fuck whoever does our player loans.

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, LegenTerry said:

He is a big potential. I can't understand why we put that clause in  a loan deal. If they want to buy him after this loan they have to give us 6million which I think it's such a low price....great player...

I watched him a few times at Elche and Monaco and I saw him today, he is a good player, but not really a midfielder we need in our current position.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016. 12. 18. at 7:50 AM, the wes said:

AC Milan could sign Chelsea midfielder Mario Pasalic, 21, permanently after he joined the club on loan in August. (Football Italia)

He is a very good player, I like him a lot, but he won't have a spot if we stick with the 3-4-3.  AC Milan is about to be bought by a Chinese investments group, so they have money. 10-15 million fee and each parties(Marko and the two clubs) benefits.

On 04/12/2016 at 1:53 PM, LegenTerry said:

He is a big potential. I can't understand why we put that clause in  a loan deal. If they want to buy him after this loan they have to give us 6million which I think it's such a low price....great player...

I wouldn't believe everything you read ,i'd be very suprised at the 6m value tag unless we had also put in a buyback option(but then the board have done so many bad deals in the past and havnt completely learned from their errors!) the only real kinda info on the deal was that CFC got about 1mill for the loan for the season and early on it looked like he would be coming back early as Ac Milan had failed to use him as much as the backroom staff had put in the contract , but after featuring in the last 8/9 games talk of Ac milan want to buy him lol , scoring the winner against Juventus to win the supercoppa will add to his value  if not in Conte+Cfc future

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, blueblood22 said:

scored a winning goal yesterday. hope we will cash him out with a big value, don't see him playing for us although maybe conte watching him more because he is playing in Italy.

From what ive read from Milan fans he is nothing great, doing 'ok' but no more

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We last met with Milan about a month ago. We are waiting for the club’s decision, we’ll see what they want to do."

"Mario’s priority is to stay at Milan, but clearly other clubs are interested. There are Italian, Spanish and German teams on his trail. We are waiting for the Rossoneri but it’s normal if the other clubs are ready to move."

-Marco Naletilic; Source: Calciomercato

That’s Pašalić’s agent reminding Milan about his client’s priorities, as well as about potential interest in young Mario’s services from other teams as well, just as a good agent should. There is no mention of Chelsea anywhere in this narrative however, which is a bit unfortunate.  Pašalić was signed by Chelsea in 2014 but has just one year left on his contract. Chelsea paid £3m for the then 19-year-old Hajduk Split star, who’s certainly worth a fair bit more than that these days after impressive loan spells at Elche, AS Monaco, and AC Milan. weaintgotnohistory

• 1 month later...

I think he will make the team this year :) Looks like a raw but talented box-to-box midfielder ... Conte type of player IMO :) Can't see us bringing another midfielder for rotation but we certainly need one if Matić is leaving ;) 

Kante, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Pašalič and Luiz or Baker in extreme emergency is enough for 2 positions :)