Man City v Chelsea

Jase

Positives: This month, we have conceded only 1 goal. In fact no team had more than 3 shots on target against us. On form, arsenal and spurs defensive record is child's play compared to ours.

No aguero, so dzeko will play. He's slower than the former so terry will cope with that well. I was afraid terry and cahill will be done for pace by aguero, not anymore.

We are a counter attack team. This is our type of match. City will attack and leave us space on the counter. No more triple marking hazard, if he's on his game we could win.

The only fear is they will score 10 goals if they had 39 shots against west ham while our attack bottles chances the most in the league.

Arsenal are no City when it comes to scoring. Aguero might be out for this one but Dzeko has been scoring lately too. And this thing about bigger teams attacking us and leaving space for us to counter is getting old. Every time that is said when we play the bigger teams and yet this doesn't really happen. Game always turn out differently. Heck, if City is streetwise enough, they could let us attack them and counter us instead.

Going slightly off-topic but I think we should all spare a thought for this utd fan. As disappointing as last night's result was, at least we can take solace in the fact that our team will only get better. This team is very much one that's in the ascendancy with 1 or 2 players away from being a very strong unit . What can utd fans cling to for hope? They're moving backwards with a manager who has absolutely no track record. For all their noise about plans to spend big in the summer, there's really no guarantee that they'll be able to bring in the players that they need to take them forward. All the top clubs will be competing for those players and if they don't secure champions league qualification, then it'll be all the more difficult. That's the sad reality facing Utd fans.

We on the other hand - the future looks bright for us and we're making huge progress. We have a promising squad that will continue to improve, we have the money and we have one of the best managers in the game who the board (and fans) seem to be fully behind. While the future looks promising for us, there's a cloud of uncertainty looming over united's future and this utd fan knows it, make no mistake about it. These jabs he's making really just reeks of nothing but fear. You're fooling no one @JayC

An interesting post. You're completely wrong, but at least you said something mildly entertaining. Unlike the comments telling me to fuck off or calling me a troll. Well done to you. In all seriousness though if you think United will go away you truly don't understand football or what fail safes we have in place. Money is no object, with insane sponsorship incoming. Are the next few years going to be rough? Maybe, but that's about all.

Just one little question here.

Can Chelsea score goals against teams that park the bus ?

With clinical shooting of 39 shots only 9 on target, with ivanovic crossing worse than phil bardsley of sunderland, ramires shooting from outside the box killing more birds in the sky than getting on target, and with strikers who can't create chances on their own in tight spaces??

Yea we can

An interesting post. You're completely wrong, but at least you said something mildly entertaining. Unlike the comments telling me to fuck off or calling me a troll. Well done to you. In all seriousness though if you think United will go away you truly don't understand football or what fail safes we have in place. Money is no object, with insane sponsorship incoming. Are the next few years going to be rough? Maybe, but that's about all.

It's funny how whenever you talk about United, you don't talk about Moyes.

Yes you have money coming in, but so do other clubs. Ultimately the most important man is the one in that dugout - proper United supporters have known that for years.

With clinical shooting of 39 shots only 9 on target, with ivanovic crossing worse than phil bardsley of sunderland, ramires shooting from outside the box killing more birds in the sky than getting on target, and with strikers who can't create chances on their own in tight spaces??

Yea we can

Really ?

The way I saw it last night it did not indicate that any of them can convert. I know, one may say, oh well one of those games, be it.

That´s exactly what I posted. Every one of them was off, last night. Hopefully, it will get better next time.

Arsenal are no City when it comes to scoring.

I was just comparing arsenals defense with ours on current form when you said they had the best defense before meeting City.

Aguero might be out for this one but Dzeko has been scoring lately too.

Dzeko is slower. I was more worried about aguero's pace to go in behind our defence. You know well that aguero is more dangerous than Dzeko.

And this thing about bigger teams attacking us and leaving space for us to counter is getting old. Every time that is said when we play the bigger teams and yet this doesn't really happen. Game always turn out differently.

Its sure better than teams camping in their 18yard box. But you know quite well how we suffer when hazard is triple marked, it won't happen in this game for sure.

Heck, if City is streetwise enough, they could let us attack them and counter us instead.

Luckily we all know city won't do that ;)

Off topic: I heard toure will miss the game, is it true??

Arsenal are no City when it comes to scoring.

I was just comparing arsenals defense with ours on current form when you said they had the best defense before meeting City.

Aguero might be out for this one but Dzeko has been scoring lately too.

Dzeko is slower. I was more worried about aguero's pace to go in behind our defence. You know well that aguero is more dangerous than Dzeko.

And this thing about bigger teams attacking us and leaving space for us to counter is getting old. Every time that is said when we play the bigger teams and yet this doesn't really happen. Game always turn out differently.

Its sure better than teams camping in their 18yard box. But you know quite well how we suffer when hazard is triple marked, it won't happen in this game for sure.

Heck, if City is streetwise enough, they could let us attack them and counter us instead.

Aguero being out of this one could be massive for us. To me he's been the player of the season so far and is part of that spine of their team which makes them so strong.

Not going to try to predict the team for this one (not even sure I could guess the formation, although a 433 wouldn't be surprising) but I'd love to see him stick Oscar on Toure and just let him hassle him for 90 minutes. Ultimately though, we're going up against a team who are further along in their development than us so of course we're underdogs. Not getting a result isn't going to be the reason we lose the league, nor would winning make us favourites.

Aguero being out of this one could be massive for us. To me he's been the player of the season so far and is part of that spine of their team which makes them so strong.

Not going to try to predict the team for this one (not even sure I could guess the formation, although a 433 wouldn't be surprising) but I'd love to see him stick Oscar on Toure and just let him hassle him for 90 minutes. Ultimately though, we're going up against a team who are further along in their development than us so of course we're underdogs. Not getting a result isn't going to be the reason we lose the league, nor would winning make us favourites.

Even someone like you should know Jose is going to park the depot on Monday.

Think when Araenal went into that game, they were doing well defensively and look what happened. I know we have been defensively sound of late but look who we played against. None of them were anywhere near the calibre and quality of City's attackers.

City won't camp in their 18-yard box for the whole 90 minutes but they are certainly capable of playing on the counter with their offensive prowess and that is certainly a way to make a defensive team open up by letting them come at you and then hit them on the break.

Don't think Toure is suspended. Why would he? Has only picked up 2 yellow cards in domestic games this season, from what I checked.

must not lose game.

lose here and the title race is over, win/draw and we are still pretty much in it.

the line up is going to be and has to be pretty defensive. 4-3-3 for me

cech

iva GC JT AC

rambo mikel lamps

willian etoo hazard

pretty much what we did to arsenal.

I have never seen a set of fans not just overly confident of beating us but so confident that they will batter us and win by 4 or 5 goals!

I really hope we can put them in their place on Monday, and bring their fans back down to earth!