test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

love cfc

Ryan Bertrand

Started by love cfc,

1,450 posts in this topic

28 isn't old for a full back when that full back has played less games than many, many 22 year olds. Off the tip of my fingers, Clyne at 25 has played more full games than Bertrand.

Then there's the fact Valencia's 31 and the best full back in the league. The best full backs I've ever seen were around 30, from Dani Alves to Cole to Roberto Carlos to Abidal to Zanetti to Lahm to Neville. In fact the only under-30 full backs to ever wow me were Ashley, Lahm, Alves & Marcelo. Even Filipe Luis' best years have come between 29-31.

12 hours ago, Leif said:

Agreed, it's pointless to bring in a better player than we have now, especially if they're English and help with the quota. It's downright shambolic. 

Where would he fit in at this current setup? Wingback? No way, he wasn't great going forward for the standard of a fullback, as a wingback he will be painful, Furthermore if the preference for Kante-Matic and the Bakayoko rumours are anything to go by we are basing the defensive solidarity on the back 3 and CM 2, meaning the wingback's we be looked at more for what they offer going forward than backwards. I don't think Alonso is particularly great nor am i his biggest fan but he is a million times more suited to wingback than Bertrand will ever be.

LCB is the one position he could work in a similar way to Azpi has on the other side of the 3, but that brings 2 issue's. Firstly being that would finish Andreas chances here and secondly Azpi has RCB under lock and key until he declines, so could we really get away with playing just one natural CB? 

So like i said factoring the above in re signing Bertrand would be pointless and a waste of resources.

The Skipper likes this

22 hours ago, Jason said:

You're missing the joke...

I got your joke, my post wasn´t meant to be offensive by any means. 

12 minutes ago, Beigl said:

I got your joke, my post wasn´t meant to be offensive by any means. 

:lol:

How was your post offensive?

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

:lol:

How was your post offensive?

I thought you took it as offensive. Doesn´t matter. :D

Just can't imagine Southampton selling their best two defenders in the same window. Plus, some of the club's above Southampton like Everton or Liverpool will probably be sniffing around Romeu as well.

Wow this thread is much like the Lukaku one. 

I for one would gladly accept buying Bertrand back from Southampton. He's very comfortable on the ball, would bring much more athleticism to the LWB position unlike Alonso, and fills the critical HQ quota. This signing almost makes too much sense for Chelsea. 

I dont watch Southampton religiously, but everytime i watch him he's been very solid. Rarely getting beaten. 

Yes he's not a Benjamin Mendy type but do I think Bertrand will be  this massive liability against the better teams in UCL or PL, like some people are making out?

Nah, Not for me. 

Gonna be hella tricky pulling VVD and Bertrand though.. hopefully CFC make it happen. 

Fernando likes this