test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

love cfc

Ryan Bertrand

Started by love cfc,

1,428 posts in this topic

Ryan is a good player and probably good enough, but he wasn't good enough to start regularly (or as regularly as he'd have liked) and made it very clear that he wanted to go. Would've been lovely for him to stay but there wasn't a solution that worked for both parties. Even now, with our aspirations to be a top European club I don't think he'd have been quite good enough despite how much I like him.

Bertrand would be the best LB available for us. Even better than Azpi. Bertrand can defend and attack and is from our academy.

Rahman is I believe 4 years younger than Bertrand was when we sold him isn't he? He was viewed as being a player with potential wasn't he? Was Bertrand in the same bracket?

I get your point and I would love to have Bertrand around as a backup player getting 15-20 games a season, but he wanted more than that which is a good thing. It simply didn't align with our plans for him and we got a decent amount of money out of it.

Ivanovic got in that team too and I've seen people in this thread say he isn't good enough so I think you've hung yourself with your own petard there. :D I'd have loved to have seen him stick around but he wanted more than he could have got here with Dave and Brana rightfully (in my opinion) ahead of him.

you don't hang yourself with a petard ,, If you must use clever lines at least get them right . :D :D :D See I can use smilies as well .

Bertrand would be the best LB available for us. Even better than Azpi. Bertrand can defend and attack and is from our academy.

You could probably argue that now, but would you have said the same after any of the 200 games as a professional footballer before the age of 23? Personally I don't think he's as good defensively as Azpi is on his worst day, but I can understand why some people are bitter about him leaving. I'm still not over us selling Jon Harley.

you don't hang yourself with a petard ,, If you must use clever lines at least get them right . :D :D :D See I can use smilies as well .

Drat. I should just keep things simple in future to avoid mistooks.

zolayes likes this

added goals to his LB play maybe cheeky bid bring him back have him and Alonso battle it out for the wingback role.. HG and academy trained by us , another shout could be PVA also counts as a HG player from his time with us and his worth about €6m

What you guys think? Is bringing back Ryan a good idea?

I think he will be better then Alonso for that position. 

I'm still disappointed we sold him.