Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

Could you imagine him scoring goals for Arsenal that knock us out of the CL spot? He may not be the best player around but a 10 goal a season average (discluding this season) isnt bad atall for a subsitute winger and yes most may be tap ins but goals are goals.

Perhaps a little fantastical, but I see your point. I like Kalou, he's always had a good attitude towards playing and has remained positive, for the most part, considering when we bought him he wasn't a winger and we've forced him into a new role. The problem I have with Kalou is his consistently poor decision making, he has the movement of a striker, but not the footballing brain to play as a winger or an inside forward. Granted, he scores goals, but I don't see him as a genuine threat to either of our current wingers starting spots, which is what we need, genuine competition for places. He's blocking the route through to the first team for hungry, young players who are contributing with goals, but also providing more to the dynamic of the team than Kalou does.

3m is far too low IMO we should be looking at 6m at least, especially considering useless players like ngog went for 7m I believe

This. Arsenal fans are expecting someone to bid 15m for Arshavin FFS! Kalou should leave to make way for other, better players. But not to Arsenal and not for that chump change. I get that he will be out of contract soon and what not. We need to stop acting like a charity and show some strength in the market. The price quoted, if true, is ridiculous. Hes young and has a great statistical profile.

What the fuck am I reading? Who gives a shit how much we get for him? For all I care, we can pay the club to take him off... The real worth in that transfer would be the free spot in the squad and saving big amount of money on his wages, and no more frustration seeing him play. ANY kind of transfer fee should be considered a bonus, taking into count that he's almost out of contract anyway.

Imagine if we'd have kept Stoch and given him all the game-time Kalou has had in the last 18 months. Granted it actually hasn't been all that much, but imagine what he could have done...

Or Kakuta for that matter. I have a feeling the decline in Kakuta's form is mismanagement, lack of game practice, lack of belief in himself. Anyway, I agree, Stoch or Kakuta would have been better options, because their age allows us to assume they have potential to develop. Although when we signed Kalou, we were more excited of him than we ever were of Stoch... Mourinho and Cruyff praised the shit out of him, wtf.

Imagine if we'd have kept Stoch and given him all the game-time Kalou has had in the last 18 months. Granted it actually hasn't been all that much, but imagine what he could have done...

The thing that comes to my mind with Stoch was a lack of patience on his department. Demanded that he started most games, and took the easy way out when his grant was not going to be given. But hedonism rarely works and now look at him. Wasting his career on the bench at Fenerbahce. Had great potential but in my mind its his own fault wanting everything now.