Ryan Bertrand

DavidEU

If we get hoilet, he must never be played in the wide areas. He never tracks back and is a far more rubbish defender than the likes of Mata.

He is still young.

He might not track back in Blackburn, but with a experienced superstar team who advises him to track back, will he not learn?

I just don't quite understand why he doesn't get gametime. If he's not good enough to play against Wigan or teams of similar quality then what's the point of keeping him? Sell him to a lower table team where he will likely be a starter regularly. I really hate it when young players don't get game time I really do, and I can't see why he can't play when Cole is tired/barely gets a rest.

know many people want McEachran and Lukaku (if they could) to go on loan to PL clubs in January, but there's another one who I also think should go on loan - Bertrand. Not that I think he actually needs to. Certainly less a need than the other two. But I think it would be better in the long-run if he did...

I'm seeing a similar situation to Sturridge in the first-half of last season. In all Bertrand's appearances he's impressed to a degree and he also did well in pre-season. Playing in reserves he's also clearly to good, (this was also the same with Sturridge last year, remember the 4 goals against Bayern Munich reserves in a friendly?) and it's doing nothing to aid his development even if it aids the reserves. Meanwhile even though he's doing well in his chances and the first-teamer above him ha been consistently average/poor throughout this season no effort has been made to even let him compete for him in PL games (Again, like Sturridge and Anelka).

I personally thought Sturridge was ready for the first-team then and I think the same of Bertrand, but if a loan is the only way to get himself noticed than so be it.

So in January I'd probably let Bertrand go on loan. I do think he'll do well because he is a good LB. Can defend and has a decent attacking game as well, with a good cross. Then hopefully next season we can see him make a breakthrough. Ferriera/Bosingwa can be used as back-up LB for the time-being